Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Installation instructions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Installation instructions   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:54 pm

At first the installation tutorial might be a little overwhelming for some people.
Don't worry,follow it step by step and you'll be fine.
I'll try to make it as simple and on point as best i can.

•First create a new drive with the assigned letter X and give it 150GB(153600MB)
(this will save you some trouble of modifying folder structure and files)
(if you already have a hard disk drive letter X:\ you're in luck you won't have to do the things mentioned above)

-To do this simply shrink one of your drives.
-It's quite simple and a tutorial can be found below

•Install Skyrim legendary in X:\
-It should be simply "Skyrim" (without the quotes) this is very important.

•Delete the 3 highresolution bsa's and esp's (HighResTexturePack01,HighResTexturePack02,HighResTexturePack03)
•Start your game at least once so that the game can create these 3 files : skyrim.ini,skyrimprefs.ini and RendererInfo.txt
They will be located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\My Games\Skyrim (Make sure that these 3 files are created)

The end result should look like this :

Just a little head's up archived size is 28GB,
Unarchived is 60 GB,
Archive level is ULTRA.

1.Clearly get 7Zip if you haven't already!

2.Open Skyrim206.7z and extract all(CTR+A) to your Skyrim folder.Overwrite when asked.

3.Go to X:\Skyrim\-=Skyrim Rotten Edition ReadMEs and tools=- and copy "ENB FXAA SweetFX Manager" to C:\
3.a Go to -=Skyrim Rotten Edition ReadMEs and tools=-\Redist and make sure you have those redist installed if not install from there.

4.Go to Nvidia control panel(or ATI) and set these settings for TESV.exe

(Make sure Software V-sync is ON as it's way better that any ENB V-sync and will give you better FPS)

5.Copy skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from X:\Skyrim\profiles\Rotten to C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\My Games\Skyrim (ovewrite when asked)
5.a Open skyrim_config.exe and set your resolution then hit "Apply"
5.b Open RendererInfo.txt and copy the 2nd line EG "NVIDIA GeForce GTX XXX" (this will be your video card name)
to skyrimprefs.ini and search the line "sD3DDevice" and add your GPU
EG : sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX XXX"
5.c save and close skyrimprefs.ini
5.d Copy skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini to X:\Skyrim\profiles\Rotten (overwrite when asked)

6.Open ModOrganizer.exe and press "Sort"

7.Open Wyre Bash through Mod Organizer and create a bashed patch

7.a this is where most of people get stuck so here's a short tutorial on a bashed patch

••• Optional but highly recommended for people who just want to play •••
- Download these Savegames(click) and copy them to C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves
- These savegames are at lvl 1 (use ` showracemenu to change race etc) level 3,9 or 12 and also have all the mods configured in-game (this takes from 20 minutes to 1hour+)
-If you want to start a new game make sure to configure all the mods to your liking
-One crucial thing to do when start a new game is press "ESC" >>> "Mod Configuration Menu" >>> "SKY UI" >>> "ADVANCED" >>> untick "MAP&FAVORITES Menu"

8.Run Tes5Edit through Mod Organizer and make sure it runs without errors
-Yes it will take a while to complete but it should look like this if everything is in order -

9.Start the game(always run skse_loader.exe through Mod Organizer to start your game) and enjoy the biggest pack created for Skyrim with no crashes and no conflicts!

Important tips :

•It seems that last two generations of Nvidia drivers will slow your Skyrim from 60 to 15-30 FPS this will probably be fixed by them in the future,but for now if your have a good pc and experience bad fps be sure to download and install the 352.86 driver from Nvidia for smooth sailing with Skyrim.This SHOULD NOT apply to ATI drivers.
•Don't run skyrim with task manager on,it will make you game crash on load.
•SKSE should remain at 1.6.16 at it uses some custom .dll's that are not found anywhere else.
•If you get any .dll errors when starting the game make sure to install any re-dist you might be missing from -=Skyrim Rotten Edition ReadMEs and tools=-\Redist
•2.0.6 pack comes with a tweaked HIRCINE ENB preset,customized for performance,if you get bad FPS still (you have a very slow PC) you should try my other presets (ICEBINE 3 or ENB BOOST)
-To use other presets just use FXAA ENB SweetFX Manager.exe the use of this tool should be self explanatory

•General stuff

◘Make sure you install vanilla skyrim legendary with nothing more(sorry if i offend you but this pack does not contain the actual game)
◘Start the game in it's vanilla state and make sure it works by starting a new game
◘Make sure you delete the high resolution bsa's esp's
◘Make sure all paths are correct (as stated in instructions)
◘Make sure to set settings in Nvidia Control Panel are as they should be
◘Make sure you copy ini's as stated in instruction
◘I don't recommend adding or removing mods from this pack if you do,please do it at your own risk and don't post in •Troubleshooting or •Bugs or accredit any CTD you might have to the pack.

Minimum System Requirements

CPU Intel Core i5@3.4GHz
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
Hard Drive: 70 GB
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce GTX 470
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Keyboard and Mouse

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quad-core CPU
Memory: 16GB DDR3 2000MHz
Hard Drive: 120 GB SSD
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 graphics card 3GB VRAM or better(Nvidia GTX 780)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Keyboard and Mouse

Other useful tips :

Removing or tweaking the ENB :
-Removing the ENB will also remove water caustics and displacement.(Water looks amazing with them on)
If the effect on rain is to much for you you can disable it from the GUI just scroll down to rain and untick "enable"
-Press save then apply!

Remove the enb with FXAA ENB SweetFX Manager.
•Open skyrim_config.exe
-Set texture quality to "very high"
-Go to lightning Shadows(advanced 1) and set it to 4096x4096 and shadow filter to Ultra
-Go to water tab and change reflection resolution from 1024x1024 to higher and water multisampling to 8x
-Play with any other option until you are happy with your FPS
•Open skyrimprefs.ini (in mo profile rotten)find and change these values to

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=9999999.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=9999999.0000
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000

fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=70000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=35000.0000

•Open skyrim.ini (in mo profile rotten)find and change this value

iMinGrassSize=65 and substract for more grass density
iMinGrassSize=20 will make you grass very dense.

•Always use skyrim_config.exe to make these changes and don't forget to copy the tweaked ini's from your documents folder to your Mod Organizer Profile >>>Rotten.
-Always make back-ups of skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini in case you mess something up

For people with powerful PC's but game seems to be stuck at 30 FPS and encounter stutter

•Set options for TESV.exe like this in NVIDIA or ATI

For anyone who doesn't want to change steam structure.(The way I've setup this pack you don't need steam because you won't really be using TESV.exe or Launcher anymore to play the game)

◘First got to C:\ENB FXAA SweetFX Manager\Skyrim_Directory.txt and set it according to your skyrim steam folder.
•CalienteTools won't know where it is if you plan on using stuff like texblend in the future (looked everywhere to change it with no results.
◘Next go to Skyrim\Data\SKSE\plugins\mo_path.txt and set it according to your skyrim steam folder
◘Now open MO and from the dropdown menu press "Edit" and modify ALL of the tools there to reflect your new folder structure

Here's how @judge has set this up
Quote :
No need to move Skyrim to X:
Just copy rotten files over a vanilla legendary edition (means with all DLC) - I owned a regular Skyrim bought bought all DLCs so it's the same in case you might think of buying the legendary
Then start MO and edit all tools to point to your skyrim directory...In my case D:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/ or to specific .exe file like SKSE, etc..)
I even added Bodyslide 2 to test / modify presets and generate armors build - BUT use ANOTHER PROFILE :)
Don't forget to go to MO settings and change the 3 paths in ADVANCED to point to skyrim locations D:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/downloads-Mo Mods - Web cache
Tadam
Magic of MO is that it keeps your skyrim folder VANILLA and based on profiles, activated mods related to them only which is awesome by keeping all mods separated and you can switch from one to another. In my case, I play with I love cleavage body and armors, then switch to Sporty Sexy Sweat bodies, with ELFX etc...without messing the original Rotten profile.

Last edited by RottenDub on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Save games   Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:37 pm

First thank you for putting so much time in this awesome mod pack for us! Great job :D

Also i got 4 questions for you:

There are al ready some files in the "overwrite" folder in mo. What do i do with those files?

The esp's at plugins who are dummy files can i unclick them?

And when u create a bashed patch u create a new mod from the "overwrite" files. But u al ready have a Bashed Patch mod named: Unmanaged: Bashed Patch, 0. Do i just create i new mod or die in overwrite the files with the new bashed patch?

Last edited by Raise on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Found the save games..)
Back to top Go down

Installation instructions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V2-
Jump to:  

Free counters!