Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Hello Rotten after two year break from Skyrim which involved a traumatic, but eventually successful completion of the S.T.E.P guide, resulting in a rather disappointingly lackluster game, I eventually gave up hope and stopped playing Skyrim.

I searched google yesterday hoping someone had finally created some sort of mod-pack that was simple & quick to install and quickly discovered this "Perfectly Modded" and the Russian "Journey". 

I first tried the journey and it was very easy to install but the hardcore gameplay is just a bit too hardcore for my liking so uninstalled it and began installing your modpack last night but found the install instructions spread around in various forum threads & youtube videos rather than in one location.

I had no problems creating the 100gb partition on my SSD, but what I'm having problems with is...

1. STEAM will not let me install skyrim to simply X:\Skyrim, it insists it's own folder structure of X:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim\ so instead I simply manually moved a clean, fully up-to-date vanilla skyrim legendary edition to X:\Skyrim without anything to do with STEAM. Is this the correct thing to do?

2. after extracting your 7zip mod to X:\Skyrim I then installed ModOrganizer and now this is where I found your install instructions to be somewhat lacking.
firstly is MO supposed to be installed the the X:\Skyrim directory rather than the usual C:\ProgramFiles location?
When I launch MO there is no way to load the Rotten profile folder, instead I must copy-paste the Rotten folder to the PROFILE folder within the MO installation directory, but in the install guide thread I see a screenshot of your MO windows pane that is displaying that the Rotten profile is loaded from your X:\Skyrim location which I would presume is the correct way of doing it? but how?

LOOT sorting crashes despite installing all the redist packages.

You mentioned having to create a bashed patch but how do I get Wyre bash in to MO, why didn't you bother to install these tools in to MO in your modpack archive?????

Cleaning bsa files in TESEDIT, again TESEDIT is not in MO why didn't you simply include this tool ready-installed? Am I right in thinking the cleaning of the BSA files is the only step the end-user has to do their self, everything else including the bashed patch couldn't you of done it yourself included in the mods 7zip archive instead of having to make the user perform it??
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: It's all in there   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello and welcome d3v!

You only need to install Skyrim legendary edition, all the other tools you should ever need are included and installed in the pack, including MO, TESVEdit, Wyre, etc and easy to access from MO organizer,in fact it is recommended to use MO to start the other applications.

Start by sorting your installed game and the pack by file type you should have the tools after folders.After starting MO there should be in the right corner of the screen.

The pack is setup in a way that you don't really need steam anymore as it launches SKSE.exe within Mod Organizer.

I thought the instructions are pretty easy to follow.

II : http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t43-installation-instructions-v3-beta-1

Tips and tricks : http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t44-performance-tips-and-tricks

Ini's for different PC's : http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t64-ini-download-center

Video tips : http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t62-video-info-and-tweaks

If you have other questions let me know, and ill try to help.
Cheers!

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:45 pm

thanks for replying so quick, Rotten!

The thing with MO is that your instructions are not very clear. For example loading your Rotten profile folder in to MO, I had to work this out myself and even then I don't think I did it correctly.
Yes I noticed you included many mod tools and apps in your pack, but again, how do you load them in to MO, why didn't you pack/structure it so that these tools are already loaded & ready to use within MO?!

Is there a simple way to just get this mod working smooth because currently there's too many things the user must do to setup your mod optimally!
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 pm

d3v wrote:
thanks for replying so quick, Rotten!

The thing with MO is that your instructions are not very clear. For example loading your Rotten profile folder in to MO, I had to work this out myself and even then I don't think I did it correctly.
Yes I noticed you included many mod tools and apps in your pack, but again, how do you load them in to MO, why didn't you pack/structure it so that these tools are already loaded & ready to use within MO?!

Is there a simple way to just get this mod working smooth because currently there's too many things the user must do to setup your mod optimally!

There's no need to install MO it's already included,and all the tools are already loaded into MO and ready to use.
*Assuming your folder structure is correct,Rotten profile should be loaded automatically by MO.

•Just go to X:\Skyrim and start ModOrganizer.exe , after everything loads all the tools should be readily available.

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Oh wow now that does sound a lot easier. I'm not at my gaming rig at the moment so can't try, but nowhere in your instructions do you mentioned MO is already installed and ready to launch with it's MO.exe in the root of Skyrim folder!
Rather, one assumes you mean to download & install MO!

Thanks I can't wait to get home & try this out again.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

d3v wrote:
Oh wow now that does sound a lot easier. I'm not at my gaming rig at the moment so can't try, but nowhere in your instructions do you mentioned MO is already installed and ready to launch with it's MO.exe in the root of Skyrim folder!
Rather, one assumes you mean to download & install MO!

Thanks I can't wait to get home & try this out again.

A quick inspection of the pack should've revealed that in about 15 seconds?

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Yes true I should of had a look but really you need to explicitly state MO is already installed & pre-configured with the MO.exe ready to be launched.

I launched it and wow, basically everything I mistakenly criticized you about is actually done perfectly.

Just having performance problems so tweaking & optmizing using your excellent guides.

Few questions.

1. why is there so many unmanaged mods in the left pane of MO? Are they are problem or should I do anything about it?
2. why do some of your guides when referring to skyrim.ini & skyrimprefs.ini sometimes say to edit the MyDocuments\Games\Skyrim and then other times the X:\Skyrim\Profiles\Rotten. Very confusing! Just which location is the "master" that overrides the other???

Currently I'm getting very slow 20fps with nVidia control panel configured to your guide and also using v3.56 driver bundled in redist folder. Is this normal for my rig specs?
i5 3570k
8GB RAM
GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2gb
Samsung Evo SSD
Windows 7 x64 Pro tweaked, optimized & streamlined with best performance.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:57 pm

d3v wrote:
Yes true I should of had a look but really you need to explicitly state MO is already installed & pre-configured with the MO.exe ready to be launched.

I launched it and wow, basically everything I mistakenly criticized you about is actually done perfectly.

Just having performance problems so tweaking & optmizing using your excellent guides.

Few questions.

1. why is there so many unmanaged mods in the left pane of MO? Are they are problem or should I do anything about it?
2. why do some of your guides when referring to skyrim.ini & skyrimprefs.ini sometimes say to edit the MyDocuments\Games\Skyrim and then other times the X:\Skyrim\Profiles\Rotten. Very confusing! Just which location is the "master" that overrides the other???

Currently I'm getting very slow 20fps with nVidia control panel configured to your guide and also using v3.56 driver bundled in redist folder. Is this normal for my rig specs?
i5 3570k
8GB RAM
GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2gb
Samsung Evo SSD
Windows 7 x64 Pro tweaked, optimized & streamlined with best performance.

•I think it's safe to install the latest Nvidia driver now,there were some versions that slowed Skyrim for about 8 months.
•The different locations involve using skyrim_config.exe
-If you use skyrim_config.exe to modfiy your ini's it will be saved to my documents but MO uses the ones from profile
-So use skyrim_config.exe to modfiy then copy them to skyrim_config.exe
-Mo uses the ones from profile
-If you get the ones from INI download center, antilag + ini's you shouldn't need to move them from documents
-It says undamaged because some of them were installed with NMM and some with MO, while a lot of other mods were installed manually or by other tools and programs,i won't go into detail but don't worry all the mods will be loaded correctly and you don't need to worry about that.

◘About performance
-There's something wrong at your end.Here's an idea of what performance to expect,tested on my own PC parts.

• i5 660@3.3 GHz(5 year old CPU), Nvidia GTX 780, 8GB DDR3@1333, Pack on SSD ... 40 AVG FPS,40 AVG in towns,40-60 in the "wilds" or outside areas with very rare dips to 35 in Riverwood and Whiterun

•i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHZ(Brand new CPU), Nvidia GTX 780, 16GB DDR4@2666, Pack on a normal HDD, 55-60 AVG FPS(GPU might be the bottleneck) 60 AVG in towns, 50-60 in the "wilds" , 60 in Whiterun, 50-60 Riverwood.

Check out the guides from the links above and see if you can change your 20 FPS, your minimum average should be 30-35 i think for your specs.

*Tip press LEFT SHIFT+F12 to disable the ENB while in-game to see the ENB FPS impact
*follow the guides and don't rush reading something like UseDefferedRendering=false can boost your fps.

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Yes I use  skyrim_config.exe and noticed it only effects the MyDocs/Games/Skyrim ini files and not the x:\Skyrim\Porfiles\Rotten ini files.

I understand MO reads the ini's from the x:\Skyrim\Porfiles\Rotten directory, and since we only ever launch skyrim from Mod Organizer - SKSE, what exactly is the point with the MyDocs/Games/Skyrim ini files???

I've finally got your mod pack running with stable 40+ FPS in outdoor areas, but I had to 512 everything in the ini files, as well as put textures & shadows on medium so the game looks quite bad visually, however I did increase view detail distance as I personally prefer vast epic landscapes and will gladly sacrifice texture/shadows/texture quality if I have to.

I also had to UseDefferedRendering=false in order to acheive adequate performance.

I do wonder if my rig is handicapped as I have installed gigabyte 3d power which is a piece of shit with no guides online explaining what is does, i wonder if I ill-configured it and along with gigabyte easytuner6 which I've heard is a piece of shit.
Makes me want to nuke & pave to see if it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:15 pm

d3v wrote:
Yes I use  skyrim_config.exe and noticed it only effects the MyDocs/Games/Skyrim ini files and not the x:\Skyrim\Porfiles\Rotten ini files.

I understand MO reads the ini's from the x:\Skyrim\Porfiles\Rotten directory, and since we only ever launch skyrim from Mod Organizer - SKSE, what exactly is the point with the MyDocs/Games/Skyrim ini files???

I've finally got your mod pack running with stable 40+ FPS in outdoor areas, but I had to 512 everything in the ini files, as well as put textures & shadows on medium so the game looks quite bad visually, however I did increase view detail distance as I personally prefer vast epic landscapes and will gladly sacrifice texture/shadows/texture quality if I have to.

I also had to UseDefferedRendering=false in order to acheive adequate performance.

I do wonder if my rig is handicapped as I have installed gigabyte 3d power which is a piece of shit with no guides online explaining what is does, i wonder if I ill-configured it and along with gigabyte easytuner6 which I've heard is a piece of shit.
Makes me want to nuke & pave to see if it makes a difference.

If you use configurator from MO it modifies the correct files, but people prefer to keep backups, there's no use for both ini's from my documents except to modify them then copy to the profile, sorry if this is poorly explained by me,English is not my spoken language and i have trouble sometimes explaining things in a simple way,repeat myself etc.

•40-60 FPS is decent for about any machine except for latest CPU,GPU,RAM considering the 600+ mods and the ENB.
•Any decent ENB config will eat 20-30 FPS regardless of the author says,(this can be tweaked but then what's the point?) even if you take vanilla Skyrim and throw an ENB at it you might see the effect.
•40 seems about right for your specs,should dip only in Riverwood and Whiterun

•If i use the UseDefferedRendering=false my FPS will stay near the 60 range at all times, but i also got a 6700k CPU and 1 more GB on the GPU
•Thing is when i had the older i5 didn't use that setting and i was staying in the 35-60FPS zone.
•Most demanding settings on the ENB is : DOF, AO and AA, Depth of Field and Ambient occlusion being the heavy hitters

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Mon May 02, 2016 11:44 pm

I've found that...
skyrim_config.exe launched outside of MO edits the MyDocuments ini's
skyrim_config.exe launched from inside MO edits the Profiles/Rotten ini's

It's the Profiles/Rotten ini's that the game/modpack uses, so the MyDocuments ini's are completely inert?

Also do you have a guide for the best skyrim_config.exe settings to use? Is ticking all the "threaded" boxes a good idea or not?

By the way I uninstalled all the gigabyte overclocking/tweaking software and cleaned out their registry entries and also reset my BIOs and flashed to updated BIOS and now framerate is about 5-8 higher which is a big difference.

Hope this helps other people.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?   Tue May 03, 2016 12:07 am

d3v wrote:
I've found that...
skyrim_config.exe launched from inside MO edits the Profiles/Rotten ini's

It's the Profiles/Rotten ini's that the game/modpack uses, so the MyDocuments ini's are completely inert?

Also do you have a guide for the best skyrim_config.exe settings to use? Is ticking all the "threaded" boxes a good idea or not?

By the way I uninstalled all the gigabyte overclocking/tweaking software and cleaned out their registry entries and also reset my BIOs and flashed to updated BIOS and now framerate is about 5-8 higher which is a big difference.

Hope this helps other people.

skyrim_config.exe launched from inside MO edits the Profiles/Rotten ini's <<< This is correct

so the MyDocuments ini's are completely inert? <<< For the most part yes only SKSE logs remake themselves every-time you run the game and RendererInfo.txt which tells the game about your system specs.

Also do you have a guide for the best skyrim_config.exe settings to use? Is ticking all the "threaded" boxes a good idea or not? <<< I don't think there's a way to make it work for everybody you should play with the settings until you are happy.About threaded boxes...i personally never had a good experience when using "threaded ini's" and any serious ini guides will say don't touch them so IMO leave it be.Opinions are split over the internet about this.

By the way I uninstalled all the gigabyte overclocking/tweaking software ...yeah Skyrim it's not a big fan of overclocked systems.

Install guidance all-in-one? Mod organizer, wyre bash, LOOT, ect?!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!