Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What is your FPS with V4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

FPS with V4?
21%
 21% [ 16 ]
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
4%
 4% [ 3 ]
8%
 8% [ 6 ]
4%
 4% [ 3 ]
6%
 6% [ 5 ]
4%
 4% [ 3 ]
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
I like trains!
37%
 37% [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 78

AuthorMessage
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What is your FPS with V4?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:44 am

A simple poll to determine performance of the latest pack that could help improve it in the future.

Leave a vote and maybe systems specification if you want.It could help a great deal.

Cheers!

Last edited by RottenDub on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
kratorsofcows
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:20 am

I'm getting 60fps outside of whiterun, but drop to 25 when i'm in whiterun looking towards the middle of whiterun (60 fps looking at the wall away from the center). What gives? I gain about 5 fps when i turn enb off.
Also, is there something I should do since I have 1440p and SLI?

i7 4790k OC 4ghz
2x gtx 980 Strix SLI
16gb ram
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 am

Towns are a touchy subject i will make a guide very soon!

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:32 am

I have about 30fps with R9 380 4gb and i7 4790k, I cant find those settings what you need to change in amd side?

Those AA and AO and what you need turn off gpu settings, AMD seems dont have those, can it be problem for my fps?

I would wanna get 60fps no matter if i need turn some settings lower, i dont like play 30fps
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 am

Drag0g0 wrote:
I have about 30fps with R9 380 4gb and i7 4790k, I cant find those settings what you need to change in amd side?

Those AA and AO and what you need turn off gpu settings, AMD seems dont have those, can it be problem for my fps?

I would wanna get 60fps no matter if i need turn some settings lower, i dont like play 30fps

A performance guide will be available later today please have a little patience pack was just released and i had to write a lot of info!

Last edited by RottenDub on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:39 am

Okeyh, try find info for that performance guide for this AO and AA settings for ATI/AMD, its big problem if we amd users cant find those.

Thanks for your hard work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:08 pm

My FPS ranges from 25-60. I would guess the average is between 30-35 with plenty of dips to below 30. GPU usage is intense, always 100%, fans going crazy to keep up with the heat. CPU usage however is not going above 50%, with all 4 cores in use.
Specs: R9 290X (4GB VRAM), i5 4670k @ 4,1 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, Win10

I was under the impression that the modpack would be more CPU heavy, but the opposite is true. Disabling ENB gives me no more than 10 FPS. I'll try to disable some of the mods in your performance tweaks thread and see if that helps. Besides the memory in enblocal.ini being very high, the memory values in the skyrim.ini files are also extremely high, is this correct?

I also had trouble enabling V-Sync, seems to work only when forced by ENB in borderless windowed mode.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Try the deffered rendering trick first, also the guide will be expanded and improved very soon, please stick with me until i finish it ;)

The Video CP v-sync is better than the one from enblocal.ini

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t132-performance-guide-wip

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:22 pm

I reinstalled and followed your suggestions (disabled subsurface scattering and AO, set the correct video memory in and disable experimental memory hack in enblocal.ini), its a bit better now, although its raining so i dont know if that affects performance. But unfortunately forcing v-sync through AMD control panel doesn't work. This is often the case when games are not running in exclusive full screen mode. But it should be, because windowed mode is off in the ENB settings. Or well, AMD's v-sync has always been sketchy so this was to be expected.

So i don't have v-sync at all. The only way to turn it on is through ENB but only when i also force borderless mode. This v-sync eats about 3-4 FPS and makes the game feel unresponsive. So you're right it sucks and im not gonna use it. If anyone has experience with forcing v-sync on AMD, please help! I tried D3DOverrider but without success.
Back to top Go down
CrazyGreek

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:56 am

With all the settings as they are I was getting from 35 to 59 fps with very very few shuttering.I overcloaked my cpu a bit to 4.5ghz and fps are 40 to 59 with most of the time at over 45fps and no shuttering at all!!Great Work RottenDub!!

My specs:AMD 8350 4,5GHZ watercooled ,ssd corsair,16gb DDR3 AT 1600,780 gtx sli watercooled,Windows 10 64bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:05 am

@CrazyGreek wrote:
With all the settings as they are I was getting from 35 to 59 fps with very very few shuttering.I overcloaked my cpu a bit to 4.5ghz and fps are 40 to 59 with most of the time at over 45fps and no shuttering at all!!Great Work RottenDub!!

My specs:AMD 8350 4,5GHZ watercooled ,ssd corsair,16gb DDR3 AT 1600,780 gtx sli watercooled,Windows 10 64bit.

Thank you for reporting your FPS man.Take a look at http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t132-performance-guide it might help improve FPS.

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:21 pm

To clarify, in order to enable V-sync on my ATI card (290X) i had to set ForceBorderless and ForceBorderlessFullscreen in enblocal.ini to True.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:56 am

First of all, thank you so much for this awesome ModPack!
Had some FPS Problems with maxed out settings with V4. Maybe it was my fault but with V4.1 i am getting almost stable 60fps with the same settings.

Activated DOF only cause i dont like the renderdistance of grass with a max of 20000. Tried to increase it, but it seems to be capped there.

"edit" forgot system specs :) :

3570k@ 4,8GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H (Bios F18i)
16GB Corsair Vengeance (XMP Profile)
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming (Driverversion: 368.22)
Creative Soundblaster Z (latest driver)
Windows 10 (all updates)
Modpack installed on HDD (Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001-1ER166)

Changed settings of the modpack:
Shadows @4k
Water@2k
AF:16x
Renderdistance 20000
View distance 2000000
Object fade 15
Item fade 15
Tree load distance 175000 threaded
Grass density 50

(skyrim.ini)
uGridsToLoad=7
uExteriorCellBuffer=64
iPreloadSizeLimit=51380224
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedTextures=1
bUseThreadedMeshes=1
bUseThreadedLOD=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
----
iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000
----

(enblocal.ini)
VideoMemorySizeMb=4064
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Very nice.Thank you for the detailed post Lion!

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:38 am

I'm currently running an i5-4690k @4.2ghz, gtx 970, 16gb ram, windows 10, installed on hdd and get roughly 30-60 fps depending on location.

The water and draw distances look strange as if there's something wrong with the settings and I was wondering if this was normal or not and if there was any changes I could make, otherwise the pack looks great and is running amazing so far.

Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:51 am

Quote :
The water and draw distances look strange

Thank you for posting your results!
Water looks fine exept in the first picture.

If you mean mountain flicker or Z-fighting that can never be resolved in Skyrim.Also terrain render distance is also very limited in Skyrim.Even if you bump up the Ugrids,you only get some details in the rocks and some meshes, not really in render distance.Vivid Weathers modifies the image-space sometimes in a good way sometimes in a bad way.In some weathers it will completely eliminate Z-fighting and in some will make it worse.Using DOF can alleviate it to some degree.

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:17 am

@RottenDub wrote:
Quote :
The water and draw distances look strange

Thank you for posting your results!
Water looks fine exept in the first picture.

If you mean mountain flicker or Z-fighting that can never be resolved in Skyrim.Also terrain render distance is also very limited in Skyrim.Even if you bump up the Ugrids,you only get some details in the rocks and some meshes, not really in render distance.Vivid Weathers modifies the image-space sometimes in a good way sometimes in a bad way.In some weathers it will completely eliminate Z-fighting and in some will make it worse.Using DOF can alleviate it to some degree.

Ok a question and another issue that I just came across was the snow, [Weather]Transparent Snowflakes 2k Vivid Weather was the culprit causing the snowflakes to come down in a huge buggy mess which resulted in this and after disabling it the problem went away.

Now after looking again I see that there's Optional alternative plants 2k 1/2 and 4k 1/2, do all 4 of those need to be activated or is it more of a pick what you think your pc can handle? And does that go for all the mods tagged optional?

Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:33 am

Quote :
Ok a question and another issue that I just came across was the snow, [Weather]Transparent Snowflakes 2k Vivid Weather was the culprit causing the snowflakes to come down in a huge buggy mess which resulted in this and after disabling it the problem went away.

Now after looking again I see that there's Optional alternative plants 2k 1/2 and 4k 1/2, do all 4 of those need to be activated or is it more of a pick what you think your pc can handle? And does that go for all the mods tagged optional?

[Weather]Transparent Snowflakes 2k Vivid Weather should be placed after vivid weather if it wasnt in the first place,haven't experienced any problems with it.

Alternative plants are alternative colors and textures for some of the plants found,plants are already 2K in the pack.
You only need to activate 1,2 2k or 1,2 4k depending on your system.
Most of the optional can be disabled or enabled and they usually are textures and sit at the top of MO's left pane.While most of them are on click on and off, a very small part of them contain and .esp or .esm and should be left on if you don't want to redo the patches again and maximum compatibility.

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:15 am

@RottenDub wrote:
Quote :

[Weather]Transparent Snowflakes 2k Vivid Weather should be placed after vivid weather if it wasnt in the first place,haven't experienced any problems with it.

Alternative plants are alternative colors and textures for some of the plants found,plants are already 2K in the pack.
You only need to activate 1,2 2k or 1,2 4k depending on your system.
Most of the optional can be disabled or enabled and they usually are textures and sit at the top of MO's left pane.While most of them are on click on and off, a very small part of them contain and .esp or .esm and should be left on if you don't want to redo the patches again and maximum compatibility.

It was in the correct load order, I went ahead and enabled it again and it seems to have fixed itself.

I must say this is a great mod pack, thank you for all the hard work you've put in it and all the help you're providing for everyone here, the mod creators also play a huge part in this and for everyone else if you haven't already done so please go to each of the mod author's nexus page and make sure to endorse their work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 am

I've been running around testing the performance, and I got to say, this pack is awesome. However, I'am getting some pretty serious stuttering. It always seems to happen at the same exact places whether I'am in a town\city or outside, more so inside.  It occurs for about a half to a full second. and I'am not talking framerate slowdown more like frame skipping. I'am not sure if its CPU or GPU. My overall frame rate is great, its just as Rotten has said it would be. Its like when I move from one section of the map\world to another all the loading of the new section causes the problem. Its been mentioned how there are "grid's" or something in the .ini files that a person can tweek. My PC should run the pack very well. Did the Vram tweek. Haven't tried disabling ebn. Smooth framerate while fighting enemies. Happens whether or not a city is in the frame. SLI dosn't seem to make a difference. I've mostly only been in Whiterun and along the road to the east a good ways. I wonder if i let it sit for a couple of hours it will settle down. Thats real time two, correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:49 pm

DeadInTheWater wrote:
I've been running around testing the performance, and I got to say, this pack is awesome. However, I'am getting some pretty serious stuttering. It always seems to happen at the same exact places whether I'am in a town\city or outside, more so inside.  It occurs for about a half to a full second. and I'am not talking framerate slowdown more like frame skipping. I'am not sure if its CPU or GPU. My overall frame rate is great, its just as Rotten has said it would be. Its like when I move from one section of the map\world to another all the loading of the new section causes the problem. Its been mentioned how there are "grid's" or something in the .ini files that a person can tweek. My PC should run the pack very well. Did the Vram tweek. Haven't tried disabling ebn. Smooth framerate while fighting enemies. Happens whether or not a city is in the frame. SLI dosn't seem to make a difference. I've mostly only been in Whiterun and along the road to the east a good ways. I wonder if i let it sit for a couple of hours it will settle down. Thats real time two, correct?

Go to X:/Skyrim/profiles/RottenDub and open skyrim.ini under [General] add this uGridsToLoad=7 so it should look like:
Code:
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
bBorderRegionsEnabled=0
uExterior Cell Buffer=32
uGridsToLoad=7

You can change the uGridsToLoad to 5 as well to help more with performance. I also get the stuttering so to speak where it goes to load the next area and just freezes for a few seconds but after it's back to normal so I'm not sure what I could change either to help with a more smoother time.
Back to top Go down
Tarikko
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Ok my review so far..

The game is painfully beautiful

Just got to go around two cities and explore for a tiny bit..

However, im sure something is not right...

My FPS in cities and most specifically whiterun is dipping to 1 digits and the stuttering is intense..

I tried solitude, it is a bit better, once you get to run around a little the fps stabilizes from 30-60 depending on locations..

But Whiterun is almost unplayable.. when looking down from dragon's reach my fps sometimes dips to 3...

Funny.. when i go inside and then come outside and look again my fps is round 35+ same place

I have a feeling it is the amount of people

But should this be happening with such speccs???

I have 5960 intel OCed to 4.3

2X 980 Nvidia in SLI

64 GB RAM

windows 8.1

There is some bottleneck around..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:45 pm

The *bottleneck* is the amount of people and objects,especially in Whiterun, the game was never meant to run as many, so it pushed to the limit and begins to slow down, i usually get 30 FPS in Whiterun, other town are much better.
See performan e guide for more info

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:09 pm

It smooths out as time goes on, but I get the hitching\microstutter as well. Mostly in and around Whiterun, also when it autosaves. The mod must "settle" I read here.

I found when I used SLI the problem was worse, eventually leading to a CTD, so I disable it. Then I overclock my single GPU. 2x Asus Stix 980ti @ 1350 MHz core clock, memory @ 3500, I think, I can't remenber, stll tweaking. 

My hunch was that it is the increased population, also. Perhaps some more tweaking is in order. The spawn's or something. I find there's, just a notch, too many people animals\people everywhere for my preference then there should be, from a ingame perspective. At certain times especially in Whiterun it gets too crowded and everyone un-immersivly bumps into each other.  

Sounds like the pack is optimized for Rotten's\others PCs, or their general setup\settings are just optimal for the pack.

So I'am assuming it's a CPU issue. Overclocking it may help also, but i don't really want to mess around with the BIOs, besides the auto overclock already in use. It was mentioned OCing worked for someone in a post somewhere here on the forums. Rock'in a 6700K @ 4.4 watercooled on a Acer X34 - but at 1080. Haven't tried 3440x1440 inlight of current spikes. Turning G-sync off just makes everything a little more choppy and unacceptable. Question for Rotten\people without hitching\microstutters: what is your overclock and CPU? Rotten's model is the same as mine i believe.

I also set the grass density to 80, can't really tell if it made a difference. Think I'll try to 90 as its been mentioned. 

If anyone has a similar issue and found a solution, please share. I'am sure I'am just one small tweak away from getting this minor annoyance token care of. It's the only crit'ic I have other than having to add Clocks of Skyrim, (What happened their anyways), The poses not working, and I always pick a lock of a door whether i leave or knock (hope my reputation didn't decrease).  

Big thanks again to Rotten again, I truly did not know what immersion was, until this pack. Years watching with amazement and intimidation of YouTube mod videos, culminating into this treasure. I'am finding myself roleplaying and creating little backstories for my actions.

Oh ya, in regards to Berserk there Rotten, according to the source: the manga, the 3 OVA's\movies span the first story Arc. The second story arc starts after the 3 movies its called the Black Swordsman Arc. You probably know this but, there was also a older 25 part anime TV series that spanned the same timeline, filling in more details. Its good not great in my opinion, drawn-out and fairly aged. I really enjoyed the recent effort.  Just did a little research and i guess a continuation is coming up this year, very cool! Do you like Naruto Rotten, its my FAV, the cannon\non-filler anyways.
Back to top Go down
Tarikko
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Yeah m8, I too suspect a population spawn issue leading to this dip...

I had SLI on.. now im re-downloading the whole thing as a certain error led me to have a blue screen when i go indoors with just my eyes visible.. but tomorrow im gonna try to disable SLI

But this will be a huge loss.. a 980 card sitting idle.

I'm gonna try as well to leave the character in the city for some time and see maybe if it will "load".. sometimes the mods need to settle

My CPU is OCed to 4.3 btw... I have good specs.. Just some areas it really goes south.. however the wilds and interiors work great.. round 50 + fps and no stutter! Whiterun is the major problem.. Solitude was playable

One more note, Rotten custom prepared me a 4k pack round 4-5 GB that I added to the mix..

It looks divine!

God bless you Rotten! For that out of this world public service for us immersion freaks

Might take me two weeks to start really playing.. if not more. Now the testing +R&D phase :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:23 pm

When outside the prison you begin in (and then upwards into the forest) I have a solid 60 FPS, with about 3.5GB VRAM in use

Specs: i7 6700k @ stock, GTX1080 ( core + 133Mhz) , 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Is there a way to run the game using my monitors refresh and vsync (144 hz?) or completely unlock the framerate?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Henkerror wrote:
When outside the prison you begin in (and then upwards into the forest) I have a solid 60 FPS, with about 3.5GB VRAM in use
Is there a way to run the game using my monitors refresh and vsync (144 hz?) or completely unlock the framerate?

What OS ? Win 7 or 10?

To unlock framerate go to X:\Skyrim\antilag.cfg (This is highly inadvisable)

Quote :
Then you will continue to have weird physics bugs; ie when you walk into a room stuff flys everywhere. Just the way the engine works; if you want no physics glicthes, then you need to cap your fps at 60; if the glitches don't bother you, then 120 fps is your bet.

Actually, as someone who would agree with the "I notice a difference between 60 fps and 70 fps", I will say Skyrim at a fluid 60 fps actually looks very nice; doesn't look "laggy" at all.

Quote :
As has been intimated by others, the physics engine calculations are based on framerate. When played above 60FPS the physics engine freaks out - I got a new 144Hz monitor and it is unplayable without a framerate limiter.

Just download MSI Afterburner and set the Skyrim exe to cap at 60 and you'll be fine. There's unfortunately no way around this so you'll never be able to play this game above 60FPS without issues *unless* Havok rewrite the physics engine for Skyrim, which is about as likely as Hell freezing over I'm afraid.

Quote :
Fixing it would require rewriting the engine. I don't think it is possible to fix for Skyrim, but it might be fixed in future games, though I doubt it.

PostSubject: Re: What is your FPS with V4?   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:14 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
Henkerror wrote:

What OS ? Win 7 or 10?
Win 10 Pro Insider Preview (Build: 14372.rs1_release.160620-2342)
Back to top Go down

What is your FPS with V4?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!