Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AMD Software

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: AMD Software   Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:59 pm

The guide says to turn Ambient Occlusion and AA Transparency off, however I have an R9 390, and am therefore using AMD's Crimson software. The software doesn't have anyway to change these settings, and therefore I can't turn them off from the software. Is there any way for me to turn off AO and AA Transparency with an AMD card? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:49 am

Acronym wrote:
The guide says to turn Ambient Occlusion and AA Transparency off, however I have an R9 390, and am therefore using AMD's Crimson software. The software doesn't have anyway to change these settings, and therefore I can't turn them off from the software. Is there any way for me to turn off AO and AA Transparency with an AMD card? Thank you.

These are settings found by using google,I've never used an AMD product and it would be wrong of me to guess settings.
Please post your findings here so we can help everyone to play the pack.

Quote :
I just installed the new AMD Crimson edition 15.11 driver, and ENB couldn't produce more than 24fps. My R9 380 produced 50 to 60fps outside the Whiterun area with the Catalyst 15.11.1beta. I found the ENBoost related settings impacted this.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true/false = 50 to 60fps.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true = 40fps.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=false = 17 to 24fps.

Quote :
EDIT: I found a solution for the AMD Crimson. When I set the DisablePreloadToVRAM=true, I got the fps performance back.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=true

Quote :

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=false : Seems okay. Solid 60 FPS in the wild and 30-45 in cities. Normal for me.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and DisableDriverMemoryManager=false: Seems okay. Same as above.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true: Not optimal. FPS fluctuated more. Not solid 60 FPS.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true: Same as above.

Quote :
Catalyst Control Center (CCC) Anti-Aliasing (AA) only partially augments Skyrim AA, of which the AA sample rate is set within SkyrimPrefs.ini. The CCC Anti-Aliasing Mode settings have no impact on Skyrim AA, so AA must be set in the INI (iMultiSample; 4x recommended). Anti-Aliasing Setting DOES impact Skyrim AA, and so do all other settings under Anti-Aliasing and Texture Filtering. Therefore, the best quality graphics for the least performance impact is described below. Performance options are also specified for those with less-capable video cards.

◘Right-click on any open space on the desktop and click on AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC).
•Within CCC, select Gaming > 3D Application Settings.
•Click + Add, then browse to and select TESV.exe, and click on this new profile (these settings will only apply to Skyrim now).
(NOTE: A warning will pop up asking "Do you want to override the pre-defined profile?" Click [Yes] then [OK].)
•Select the "TESV.exe" profile that appeared below the "+ Add" button and change all settings to match the following:

Anti-Aliasing
Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use application settings
Anti-Aliasing Samples: Use application settings
Filter: Standard
Anti-Aliasing Method: Supersampling
(NOTE: Set to Multisampling if FPS drop is a problem or if using ENB)
Morphological Filtering: Off
Texture Filtering
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Override application settings
(NOTE: SEE SECOND NOTICE ABOVE)
Anisotropic Filtering Level: 16x
Texture Filtering Quality: High quality
Surface Format Optimization: On
Frame Rate Control
Wait for Vertical Refresh: Off, unless application specifies (NOTE: ENBoost should control vsync; also ensure iPresentInterval is not set to 0 in Skyrim.ini.)
OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off (NOTE: This is not compatible with D3D games.)
Tessellation
Tessellation Mode: AMD optimized
Maximum Tessellation Level: AMD optimized

•Click [Save] in the lower right hand corner. Another warning will pop up asking "Do you want to overwrite the existing profile? TESV.exe". Click [Yes] then [OK].

Last edited by RottenDub on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:01 am

Thank you so much! Cheers!

EDIT: I will definitely tell you how it goes, both with the AMD CC and the changes to enblocal.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. I will also include my computer specs and my config from MO.

Last edited by Acronym on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : No need for the wall of double text so people can read the thread more easy.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

RottenDub wrote:
Acronym wrote:

These are settings found by using google,I've never used an AMD product and it would be wrong of me to guess settings.
Please post your findings here so we can help everyone to play the pack.

Quote :
I just installed the new AMD Crimson edition 15.11 driver, and ENB couldn't produce more than 24fps. My R9 380 produced 50 to 60fps outside the Whiterun area with the Catalyst 15.11.1beta. I found the ENBoost related settings impacted this.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true/false = 50 to 60fps.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true = 40fps.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=false = 17 to 24fps.

Quote :
EDIT: I found a solution for the AMD Crimson. When I set the DisablePreloadToVRAM=true, I got the fps performance back.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=true

Quote :

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=false : Seems okay. Solid 60 FPS in the wild and 30-45 in cities. Normal for me.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and DisableDriverMemoryManager=false: Seems okay. Same as above.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true: Not optimal. FPS fluctuated more. Not solid 60 FPS.
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true and DisableDriverMemoryManager=true: Same as above.

Quote :
Catalyst Control Center (CCC) Anti-Aliasing (AA) only partially augments Skyrim AA, of which the AA sample rate is set within SkyrimPrefs.ini. The CCC Anti-Aliasing Mode settings have no impact on Skyrim AA, so AA must be set in the INI (iMultiSample; 4x recommended). Anti-Aliasing Setting DOES impact Skyrim AA, and so do all other settings under Anti-Aliasing and Texture Filtering. Therefore, the best quality graphics for the least performance impact is described below. Performance options are also specified for those with less-capable video cards.

◘Right-click on any open space on the desktop and click on AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC).
•Click + Add, then browse to and select TESV.exe, and click on this new profile (these settings will only apply to Skyrim now).
(NOTE: A warning will pop up asking "Do you want to override the pre-defined profile?" Click [Yes] then [OK].)
•Select the "TESV.exe" profile that appeared below the "+ Add" button and change all settings to match the following:

Anti-Aliasing
Texture Filtering
Frame Rate Control
Wait for Vertical Refresh: Off, unless application specifies (NOTE: ENBoost should control vsync; also ensure iPresentInterval is not set to 0 in Skyrim.ini.)
Tessellation

•Click [Save] in the lower right hand corner. Another warning will pop up asking "Do you want to overwrite the existing profile? TESV.exe". Click [Yes] then [OK].
I've tried all that I can. Every combination of the settings that can be changed in enblocal.ini and AMD CC. I still can't get any change in performance. Setting ReduceSystemMemoryUsage to false could potentially be the winner here, but whenever I try to do so I get CTD's when the game tries to load after you talk to the Statue of Mara and try to sleep. I'd be happy to oblige you if you have any ideas on how to either stop the CTD's from setting ReduceSystemMemoryUsage to false or changing other settings.

CPU: Intel i5 6600
Graphics Card: Sapphire R9 390 8GB @ 1150/1700 (Upped from 1000/1500 stock)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
RAM: Corsair 32 GB (16x2) 3000MHz DDR4 Dual-Channel
Drives: 500 SSD used for running things, 4 TB HDD used for storage
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Monitor: 2560x1080p 21:9 29" (I run Flawless Widescreen for proper FOV and UI placement)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redevil387
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:34 am

I have:
AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics
and I am using Windows 10

In the past  I have attempted to use ENB with...explosive results to say the least.
I would very much like to use  Skyrim Perfectly Modded and all it entails. It looks AWESOME!
But I have no idea on how to get ENB running since I can't find out on how to do any of this:

•AO  : OFF
•AF  : Application Controlled
•AA  : Application Controlled
•AA transparency : OFF
•V-Sync : ON

nor any of the instructions mentioned on this page. Any assistance or ways to get this running without a potential catastrophe upon my poor computer would be met with much gratitude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:14 am

If you mean :

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.46 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

This (notebook/laptop?) will have trouble running even the base game without any mods.

Back to top Go down
Redevil387
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 am

Installed memory (RAM) 6.00GB (5.47GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
I've managed to play Skyrim with plenty of mods before...~200 mods my highest if I recall correctly before running into serious problems due to mod conflicts and such.
Which is why I want to run a pre-made mod package.
Laptop by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:38 am

Redevil387 wrote:
Installed memory (RAM) 6.00GB (5.47GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
I've managed to play Skyrim with plenty of mods before...~200 mods my highest if I recall correctly before running into serious problems due to mod conflicts and such.
Which is why I want to run a pre-made mod package.
Laptop by the way.

OK i think this might be the AMD equivalent but i can't know for sure as i've never used any AMD hardware.

Anti-Aliasing
Texture Filtering
Frame Rate Control
Wait for Vertical Refresh: ON
Tessellation

•Click [Save] in the lower right hand corner. Another warning will pop up asking "Do you want to overwrite the existing profile? TESV.exe". Click [Yes] then [OK]

I think that's about it

Back to top Go down
Redevil387
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:47 am

I can't find Catalyst Control Center. I even searched for it an it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer. Do I have to download it from somewhere?
Thanks for the quick responses by the way! Awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:39 pm

AMD dropped Catalyst (CCC) a few months ago; if you have Windows 10 looking up "AMD Settings" in the Windows search box on the task bar will do the trick, with other OS's you can look up Crimson, AMD, graphics, etc.

Monitor: 2560x1080p 21:9 29" (I run Flawless Widescreen for proper FOV and UI placement)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
locodice
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:56 am

There is no more CATALYST for amd users...AMD is dumping it completely.

Currently im using 16.6.1 is there any solution for this?

View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:10 pm

locodice wrote:
There is no more CATALYST for amd users...AMD is dumping it completely.
Currently im using 16.6.1 is there any solution for this?

If I'm not mistaken Crimson will be next 16.200.0.0 Beta(Crimson 16.5.2) but i could be mistaken tho`

Back to top Go down
locodice
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:31 am

Radeon Software 16.7.2 (Latest)

So, for crimson users i found this:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Radeon_Settings

Should be helpful.

Cheers!

View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm

This might also help :

Back to top Go down
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:57 pm

I have an update on AMD performance.

Performance in cities is quite good in V4.3 at around 35 average, which is acceptable for me. Outdoors it is around 40, which is less than ideal. If I disable Verdant (the grass mod) I get around 50-55.

If it's possible, do you think you could use a different grass mod in future updates? 15 FPS down is quite a bit just for grass IMO.

Thanks Rotten

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Acronym wrote:
If it's possible, do you think you could use a different grass mod in future updates? 15 FPS down is quite a bit just for grass IMO.
Thanks Rotten

Verdant is the most FPS friendly  for the density and grass variety is provides,feel free to try other grass mods that provide the same kind of density and you'll see it will bring down FPS by a lot compared to Verdant.

Edit did you just contradicted yourself? ☺

Quote :
It's better to have 5 FPS and the best fucking grass you've ever seen than it is to have 60 FPS and bullshit.

Back to top Go down
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: AMD Software   Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:45 pm

LOL nice one

I may've spoken too soon, I'm tweaking it. Performance is just really weird with it and AMD but I think it's fixable

Back to top Go down
View user profile

AMD Software
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!