Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Physical Drive Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Physical Drive Change   Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello! I have two drives - a 500 GB SSD, and a 4 TB HDD. Since it needs 100 GB of space, I created the X drive virtually from my 4 TB HDD. I then installed Skyrim to that virtual X drive and mounted the mod pack.

What I would like to do is somehow create a new virtual drive from my SSD that is 100 GB, copy the files from my HDD's 100 GB virtual drive on to the new SSD 100 GB virtual drive, then delete the HDD virtual drive and give the new SSD virtual drive the letter X. 

Is this safe to do? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Physical Drive Change   Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:43 am

@Acronym wrote:
Hello! I have two drives - a 500 GB SSD, and a 4 TB HDD. Since it needs 100 GB of space, I created the X drive virtually from my 4 TB HDD. I then installed Skyrim to that virtual X drive and mounted the mod pack.

What I would like to do is somehow create a new virtual drive from my SSD that is 100 GB, copy the files from my HDD's 100 GB virtual drive on to the new SSD 100 GB virtual drive, then delete the HDD virtual drive and give the new SSD virtual drive the letter X. 

Is this safe to do? Thank you!

See http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t125-install-guide I've updated it with 4 different methods of putting the pack.
I don't recommend using a virtual drive.
What you wrote above is necessary and it makes my head spin.
If you didn't install programs or steam games on your SSD you could just assign drive letter X:\ to it and poof that's all.

Physical Drive Change
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!