Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walkerz
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:38 am

Hi, I really wanna play with this mod pack but the description said it doesn't work with laptops.

Can I ask why this is? My laptop is pretty high end although a fwew years old now. Can play most games on high/ultra.
I'll post the specs, is there anyway to make it work?

intel core i7-2670qm 2.20ghz
16gb Ram 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570M

Thanks upfront.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acronym
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am

I'd bet you could make it work for sure, but you would have to seriously - and I mean seriously - lower the settings. You would also have to disable a lot of texture and animation mods.

I believe you could get this pack to run at a stable 45 FPS, but it would look ugly.

CPU: Intel i5 6600
Graphics Card: Sapphire R9 390 8GB @ 1150/1700 (Upped from 1000/1500 stock)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
RAM: Corsair 32 GB (16x2) 3000MHz DDR4 Dual-Channel
Drives: 500 SSD used for running things, 4 TB HDD used for storage
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Monitor: 2560x1080p 21:9 29" (I run Flawless Widescreen for proper FOV and UI placement)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VikingTeacher
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:03 pm

The 4.1 version would be better I think (and if I remember well).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Last warning for you man : please don't spam or insult people!

RotttenDub
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:43 pm

@Walkerz wrote:
Hi, I really wanna play with this mod pack but the description said it doesn't work with laptops.

Can I ask why this is? My laptop is pretty high end although a fwew years old now. Can play most games on high/ultra.
I'll post the specs, is there anyway to make it work?

intel core i7-2670qm 2.20ghz
16gb Ram 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570M

Thanks upfront.

Best way to find out is to try it. But, I don't imagine the game will be very playable with those specs. Let us know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:05 pm

The reason why i say that shouldn't be played on a laptop is because usually even latest laptops run a little slower than a desktop PC and they tend to get very hot when stressed,i don't want to be responsible for your guys laptops crapping out or something would catch of fire.
My GPU is probably half the size of a laptop with 2 pretty big fans of fans on it so it has a lot of cooling and still can reach 75C or more with the pack.

You can certainly try but i don't think you'll get the performance you need to properly run it.

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Welp I tried it, char creator and stuff worked.
Selected a random start, spawned in cave with the necromancer or somthing.

Think it was kinda buggy cause the npc that was supposed to save me first lay down like 5 times getting lighteninged and I had to kill the necromancers myself before he actually got up and spoke to me about "saving me".

Anyway got out of the cave and tried a couple of times but after 2-5min it crashes.
Used all the minimum textures, disabling the 4k and such but I don't think it can handle it.

Interiors hold up though, once managed to enter a house and there I had stable fps.
Just the outside area nukes it.

And idd my laptop heats up like crazy, I play witcher 3 on almost max but that barely heats up the laptop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkerz

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:27 pm

@VikingTeacher wrote:

I used the torrent that had the full game with ver 4.2 already installed cause it seemed easyer to install.

Would 4.1 make a big difference performance wise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?   Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:30 pm

@Walkerz wrote:
@VikingTeacher wrote:

I used the torrent that had the full game with ver 4.2 already installed cause it seemed easyer to install.

Would 4.1 make a big difference performance wise?

4.3 i think it's better optimized than 4.1 you should give it a go if you want but remember to tweak settings down and see performance guide.

Can it be made to work on gaming laptop?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!