Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Regarding ads and the money "i make"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Lately I've been receiving some mails and PM's about me "stealing mods" being an "asshole" and that i make money of because of ads on website forum and YouTube etc etc; this is usual from time to time but what really bothers me is the that these people are very uninformed about "the money i make" of the packs.

1.The forum runs ads on behalf of the host to keep the forums free for everyone.(i plan to remove the ads when i have the money for it)

2.The website doesn't display ads at least to my knowledge, and if it does i don't make any money of it.

3.The YouTube channel is not monetized and even if it was it has nothing to do with anything

Update 12.07.2017

As some users suggested i founded a Patreon account that is related to my YouTube channel 
*(this has nothing to do with the forum and website)

And as some suggested i monetized some videos from my YT channel and setup an AdSense account
*(will see if this actually works as I've never used any of the AdSense features before)

-Feel free to subscribe/unsubscribe.
-Feel free to use Adblock/uBlock Origin or disable it.
-Feel free to throw some money at me on Patreon or not.

Here's My YouTube Channel for your subscribe / unsubscribe pleasure
*You can find my Patreon there 

4.I do sometimes get e-mails about donations and i encourage people to first donate to mod-author from that has created a mod in the pack that brought them the most enjoyment ,if they don't want to donate to an author and just donate to me i use that money to improve the hardware i own, thus leading to better packs, all in all i think i received 6 donations in 2 years.

5.I have much respect for all the mod authors and have modified the pack a number of times to respect their wishes and i really can't "steal" something that is free now can i?They shared their mods for the love of a game, i shared the pack for the love of the game.This is highly debatable for some and everyone has their own opinion and i can respect that, in return you should as a mod user respect others people opinions.

•Obviously i can't stop this kind of messages and mails and you have the right to your own opinion, same i have the right to mine, so if you are an asshole you'll receive the same words that you send.

Cheers, i got to go now, bought myself a little island with all the money I've made from the ads.

Last edited by RottenDub on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:17 pm

fu*k those assholes man. But whatever your choice, I want you to know that you I appreciate all the hard work you put into this pack, something I wouldn't be able to create. Like ever(maybe if I had like 5 years and a GTX 1080). You made me fall in love with Skyrim again for that you'll always have my love man. #nohomo. ;)

Again, thanks a lot and good luck in your future endeavors.

P.S. Was looking forward to your Fallout 4 Mod pack.
Back to top Go down
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Just last night I was trying to find an opportune place in the forum to compliment your website's new design.  It looks superbly pro, and also makes speaking with you feel quite a bit more like speaking to an iconic idol kind of person.  I've also kept writing a lengthy review for your pack in mind ever since you first mentioned that, I'm usually feeling a bit too stressed or afraid to do things like that, but I've been considering everything I can about your pack in the hopes that I'd come up with something helpful and appropriately flattering to write another time.  I already admire and commend you for the job you've done.

When someone has something ignorant and inconsiderate to say about you, I feel a need to correct them, cold and sharp.  Part of why is that you're an impressively cool person, but it's also because you've set most of this up for our sakes; I'm greatly serviced by this pack you've made, I fully condone and am grateful for it's creation, and so gripers who see problem with you for making it would see the same problems with me.  I'm only mentioning them now for your sake, me personally, I don't mind the thoughts of people who haven't spent the effort to feel considerate to whom they're speaking... so I don't think you need to mind them either.

You've been an extremely helpful person so far, Rotten, I want you to feel pleased with yourself about that.  Keep it together, strangers on the internet aren't worth stressing about. (unless you're a famous scientist who's invited to public conferences, then the opinions of selfish and ignorant strangers could really screw you over)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:13 pm

@Tenka wrote:
Just last night I was trying to find an opportune place in the forum to compliment your website's new design.  It looks superbly pro, and also makes speaking with you feel quite a bit more like speaking to an iconic idol kind of person.  I've also kept writing a lengthy review for your pack in mind ever since you first mentioned that, I'm usually feeling a bit too stressed or afraid to do things like that, but I've been considering everything I can about your pack in the hopes that I'd come up with something helpful and appropriately flattering to write another time.  I already admire and commend you for the job you've done.

When someone has something ignorant and inconsiderate to say about you, I feel a need to correct them, cold and sharp.  Part of why is that you're an impressively cool person, but it's also because you've set most of this up for our sakes; I'm greatly serviced by this pack you've made, I fully condone and am grateful for it's creation, and so gripers who see problem with you for making it would see the same problems with me.  I'm only mentioning them now for your sake, me personally, I don't mind the thoughts of people who haven't spent the effort to feel considerate to whom they're speaking... so I don't think you need to mind them either.

You've been an extremely helpful person so far, Rotten, I want you to feel pleased with yourself about that.  Keep it together, strangers on the internet aren't worth stressing about. (unless you're a famous scientist who's invited to public conferences, then the opinions of selfish and ignorant strangers could really screw you over)

I appreciate the thought brother but this was more like an outlet(Donno if the right term...not an English speaking country) than stressing, i don't stress over it, don't worry it's more of a clarification, i make no money nor do i want to request something out of anybody, it's a bit fucked up that people think that i monetize anything but actually i sink a lot of time and money into this "little hobby"

PS : i'm not leaving it was a joke ☺

Last edited by RottenDub on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarikko
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:50 pm

You deserve every cent you make bro Rotten

You gave us a whole new game... Best rpg ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kisaya
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Don't say you're leaving, I got scared.

I love that type of people - they just can't get a good night's sleep, if they don't tell womeone how wrong they're whole life is. To those, with the nicest smile possible, I say: "Go f*uck yourself*

You rock, Dub.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
optimusakc
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi Rotten, 

Sorry you have to keep dealing with this issue. I come on the forum quite often but rarely leave comments. I am kind of a quiet mellow guy most days and really only comment if I feel I need to (big reason I enjoy Skyrim so much because of the solitude and atmosphere of it all). I know this topic is very hotly debated in some forums and wish people would just relax on the issue. The one thing that everyone in this forum could do like Rotten said is support all the modder's that are in the pack by either donations or endorsements.

I have been taking advantage of modder's awesome talents since Quake II days and feel the community is sooo much more divided now. I say take advantage because its true. Their is mostly "give" from modder's and a lot of "take" from users in this modding world. It's always been like that. I try to support modder's more now than I used to ever since the Bethesda/Steam paid modding issue came up.  I can admit I have only donated a few times to some big mods and donating to all of them would be very expensive hehe. I try to endorse every mod I use though (You may have to download the mod again just to leave the endorsement but not too big a deal right?). Modder's sometimes don't get a lot of love from users (which I'm sure Rotten can relate too. I'm looking at you gastovski) and think that has made some modder's a little bitter towards the whole experience. Maybe that's why some modder's have become more business oriented in their approach (consent needed, copyright infringement etc.). Probably not the right word for it but hopefully you guys know what I mean. Like Rotten said its for the love of the game and not a business. If we supported more of the modder's ( I don't mean financially either) than I think they would be a happier bunch and this copyright thing would be less of an issue :).

Other modders love pointing fingers at guys like Rotten for going through all the hard work to combine these great mods together and making money off it. I think Rotten should make money off it but he chooses to only take what's needed to run the website, GOOD ON HIM! What about all the uTuber's that make money off their videos showcasing the mods that are made? They don't seem to mind because they are getting recognition for their mod maybe? I think Rotten does the same thing but in a less flamboyant nature. He shows all the mods that he uses in his pack clearly! One of the first things I did when I found his website was go through his whole mod list and check it out on the Nexus. I just like knowing everything that is in the pack. It lets you know what has been added to the whole experience compared to vanilla. I spent many days or rather months trying to mod my own Skyrim and never got it quite right but learned so much in the experience. I think its good for EVERY USER to go through some of this aggravation as it makes you appreciate Rotten's work more. 

Anyways blah blah blah, I'm rambling. Rotten you are giving us such an awesome service and you don't deserve all the hate you get from those other guys. Glad you have thick skin and aren't leaving us. Point is I don't want modding to turn into a big business I just want it to be about making the game a more fun and rewarding experience and you do that for us. Thank you Rotten for all your hard work and dedication to your project, you have given me so many hours of enjoyment in this game. As well thank you to all the original modder's who have made this pack possible and haven't made a big stink for Rotten using it in his pack. Let's all just get a long! haha

Cheers all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: da fu*k   Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:33 am

Dumbasses recycle assets in their own mods from other mods and they bitch to you about using their recycled shit? I know of only a few mod authors that are my friends that legitimately create their own textures and meshes from scratch. I have one friend that created his own enb set from scratch..Called Akamoor Fantasy EN..I suggest you hide your contact info and boot anyone that bitches off the forums. All of us here appreciate all of the hard work you do brother...Keep it up and fu*k the haters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

@Tenka wrote:

I don't mind fair criticism, but rather take it to heart in a good way, but when making false accusation on a whim rather that on an informed opinion or fact, that what i have a problem with.

Most credit for the way the website looks now has to go to Jubileet because he came up with the idea of improving the website to make it look a little more professional and he did a big part of all the changes you see now and he is responsible for the new layout and improvements and me only making small cosmetic changes.

Don't be afraid to post a review even if it has some bad things to say about the pack, if things need improvement etc,etc it's always welcome and that's how the pack gets better, i am only one person and can't cover anything and other people might see some things that are missing, done wrong or not working correctly.

@optimusakc wrote:
Hi Rotten, 

Sorry you have to keep dealing with this issue. I come on the forum quite often but rarely leave comments. I am kind of a quiet mellow guy most days and really only comment if I feel I need to (big reason I enjoy Skyrim so much because of the solitude and atmosphere of it all). I know this topic is very hotly debated in some forums and wish people would just relax on the issue. The one thing that everyone in this forum could do like Rotten said is support all the modder's that are in the pack by either donations or endorsements.

I have been taking advantage of modder's awesome talents since Quake II days and feel the community is sooo much more divided now. I say take advantage because its true. Their is mostly "give" from modder's and a lot of "take" from users in this modding world. It's always been like that. I try to support modder's more now than I used to ever since the Bethesda/Steam paid modding issue came up.  I can admit I have only donated a few times to some big mods and donating to all of them would be very expensive hehe. I try to endorse every mod I use though (You may have to download the mod again just to leave the endorsement but not too big a deal right?). Modder's sometimes don't get a lot of love from users (which I'm sure Rotten can relate too. I'm looking at you gastovski) and think that has made some modder's a little bitter towards the whole experience. Maybe that's why some modder's have become more business oriented in their approach (consent needed, copyright infringement etc.). Probably not the right word for it but hopefully you guys know what I mean. Like Rotten said its for the love of the game and not a business. If we supported more of the modder's ( I don't mean financially either) than I think they would be a happier bunch and this copyright thing would be less of an issue :).

Other modders love pointing fingers at guys like Rotten for going through all the hard work to combine these great mods together and making money off it. I think Rotten should make money off it but he chooses to only take what's needed to run the website, GOOD ON HIM! What about all the uTuber's that make money off their videos showcasing the mods that are made? They don't seem to mind because they are getting recognition for their mod maybe? I think Rotten does the same thing but in a less flamboyant nature. He shows all the mods that he uses in his pack clearly! One of the first things I did when I found his website was go through his whole mod list and check it out on the Nexus. I just like knowing everything that is in the pack. It lets you know what has been added to the whole experience compared to vanilla. I spent many days or rather months trying to mod my own Skyrim and never got it quite right but learned so much in the experience. I think its good for EVERY USER to go through some of this aggravation as it makes you appreciate Rotten's work more. 

Anyways blah blah blah, I'm rambling. Rotten you are giving us such an awesome service and you don't deserve all the hate you get from those other guys. Glad you have thick skin and aren't leaving us. Point is I don't want modding to turn into a big business I just want it to be about making the game a more fun and rewarding experience and you do that for us. Thank you Rotten for all your hard work and dedication to your project, you have given me so many hours of enjoyment in this game. As well thank you to all the original modder's who have made this pack possible and haven't made a big stink for Rotten using it in his pack. Let's all just get a long! haha

Cheers all!

I've express my thoughts about mod creators in A message to mod creators and i had to re-make the pack several times to respect their wishes.

Some are cool with their mods being used in a pack, some ask that their mods are removed in a friendly way and some are very aggressive in the nature of their creation and i can understand and respect that every time it is required.

There are some really great mod creators out there that are worthy of our respect and there are people like ddproductions83 who only makes half-retarded mods, i think he only has 2-3 good mods out of about 80 for both fallout4 and skyrim, the rest are totally retarded and the download numbers and endorsements show it and now he thinks he's some kind of rockstar but he's an absolute cunt/douchebag

Let's take this video for example he talks about "console peasants" and laughs at the 2GB VRAM limit and that his all in one mod will eat 1/4 of their load order limit bla bla bla and yet in this video his game run between 15-25 max 30 FPS and i'm sure he has some very nice hardware, so lets think about it, he's a mod creator, a modder and has very good hardware but can't run the game at 30FPS, that right there makes his a disgrace in my eyes.i don't think i need to say anything more about this subject he's made my point for me.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Update 12.07.2017

As some users suggested i founded a Patreon account that is related to my YouTube channel 
*(this has nothing to do with the forum and website)

And as some suggested i monetized some videos from my YT channel and setup an AdSense account
*(will see if this actually works as I've never used any of the AdSense features before)

-Feel free to subscribe/unsubscribe.
-Feel free to use Adblock/uBlock Origin or disable it.
-Feel free to throw some money at me on Patreon or not.

Here's My YouTube Channel for your subscribe / unsubscribe pleasure

Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: I got you homie lol   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Hey Bro Rotten I started the ball rolling with your Patreon. Lol I still remember sending you twenty bucks back in the day and you had to refund me cause of.....politics...I appreciate the work you do brochacho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding ads and the money "i make"   Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 pm

@Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
Hey Bro Rotten I started the ball rolling with your Patreon. Lol I still remember sending you twenty bucks back in the day and you had to refund me cause of.....politics...I appreciate the work you do brochacho
 Much love Victory

Regarding ads and the money "i make"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: Forum News-
Jump to:  

Free counters!