Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi mate,

I found a conflict between two mods. I used 4.1 until about 2.5 weeks ago and then I reinstall everything and installed 4.2 pack and started a new game.
It's more stable then 4.1 but CDT still happen. Anyway, today I turned into a werewolf and I noticed that a big section in the moonlight tales can't be
changed in-game under mod section and it can't be changed when im using the crafted hircine ring. basically it doesn't save the changes you made
to the key you want to change and anything else that has to do to that tab, power jump, feeding and so on. after playing a bit and killing bandits
and hunters in beast form i used feed and i saw that the timer was extended and it said i advance in perk tree but when i checked after i saw that
nothing was changed, I didn't gain anything from feeding, I still need to feed on 26 people same as it was at the start and nothing i feed on is giving
me any progress. I also can't change the perk progress vid the mod options in-game. that tab doesn't save any changes as well.
I did some digging and I think that moonlight tales 2.33 is incompatible with werewolf mastery. maybe you updated moonlight tales
from version 2.05 to 2.33 in after pack 4.1, if you did then it's not compatible anymore. from what i understand only version 2.05 of moonlight tales
is compatible with werewolf mastery.
if anyone finds a way to make the perk tree work so we gain points when feeding pls let me know. I was really looking for playing as werewolf. even how it works now feels strong but not being able to progress as werewolf kinda suck :)

I also wrote this on your facebook page and I registered here also to support.

tnx for the epic packs and all your efforts. you are the only reason i'm playing skyrim, without your packs I wouldn't play skyrim even if i got paid to do so :)
Back to top Go down
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:57 am

Can't test anything, but did you only turn using that Hircine ring?  That's the only would-be-problem that I can think of, in the 4.3 test version description Rotten says you have to get your infection from being bitten, I don't know why.
"*You can start out as a vampire but not as a werewolf,werewolf infection needs to be handled by moonlight tales (a werewolf must attack you) if you ignore this you might get some CTD as a werewolf."
Sorry I can't be more useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larzo
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:28 am

@Tenka wrote:
Can't test anything, but did you only turn using that Hircine ring?  That's the only would-be-problem that I can think of, in the 4.3 test version description Rotten says you have to get your infection from being bitten, I don't know why.
"*You can start out as a vampire but not as a werewolf,werewolf infection needs to be handled by moonlight tales (a werewolf must attack you) if you ignore this you might get some CTD as a werewolf."

I didn't know that ! This is essential information,what is your source ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:08 am

@Larzo wrote:
I didn't know that ! This is essential information,what is your source ?
The V4.3 changelog in the first post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 pm

@Tenka wrote:

I'm using pack version 4.2. I turned into a werewolf the normal way - going to the underforge in whiterun and drinking the blood of the companion. after that I crafted a ring in the forge - its a werewolf customization ring that allows you to play and change some of the settings that can't be changed from in-game mod configuration. I think that ring is from the werewolf mastery mod - even tho i made some changes via the ring none of them has taken any effect. from what I read on the nexus only 2.05 is compatible with werewolf mastery, 2.33 isn't compatible for some reason. also in the mastery mod it says that if there is a specific script name then it won't work. I run a search of that script file and i found 3 of them in skyrim folder. so now idk what to do or how to fix it. werewolf perk tree has some really nice skills in it but i can't earn any perks points because i don't gain any progress from feeding and nothing is saved if I manually change numbers in mod configuration - moonlight tales.

btw, I started a new game after I installed 4.2, before that i made a new game when i installed 4.1 and i had a bug with magicka - i kept losing magicka for no reason and couldn't get it back - it appeared in red so i made a new install of 4.1 + 4.2 and started a new game.

I was lv 74 on the 1st game and now im lv 78 - I didn't installed 4.3 because it's not compatible with 4.2 saves and it will suck to start a new game all over again :) tho lv up isn't a big problem - just need to steal a lot of items and make easy gold and then spent it on NPC that teach you skills. there are several of them in the Inn near whiterun and they can teach you skills upto lv 90 if you got the gold.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Hey guys did some testing with 4.3.
Gave myself werewolf blood/infection using the MCM menu!
Everything seems to work correctly

Try using MCM menu to make your player a werewolf of get attacked by some and let the infection grow.
If still having problems here are the mods that are currently used for handling beast and vampire transformation.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Rotten you are GOOD at screenshots! :O Thanks for the info!
Shubi Do, sounds like you need to upgrade to 4.3 after all.

Last edited by Tenka on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : into to *info, so future generations don't misunderstand)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:36 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
Hey guys did some testing with 4.3.
Gave myself werewolf blood/infection using the MCM menu!
Everything seems to work correctly

Try using MCM menu to make your player a werewolf of get attacked by some and let the infection grow.
If still having problems here are the mods that are currently used for handling beast and vampire transformation.

Hope this helps
 Hi Rotten,

tnx for the fast reply. I'm using 4.2 atm. i'll try to cure myself from werewolf and infect myself again via MCM, hopefully it will work.
it will suck if i'll have to make a clean install of 4.3 and start a new game again lol.

rotten, can you upload the load order of version 4.2? like you did 4.3 here : http://www.modwat.ch/u/RottenDub
It will also help a lot. maybe something got messed up when i deleted some of the mods and installing the new versions of them when i was upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2.
if for some reason you can't, let me know how it is done and i will upload my load order. I have no idea how to do it atm ^^.

Btw guys, do you find the game too easy? i'm playing on legendary and the 1st 30-40 hours are hard-very hard but once i'm improving my gear when my alchemy and smiting is are 100 I am becoming really overpowered. i fortified alchemy and crafted alchemy potion that makes alchemy potions 148% stronger and i crafted smiting potions that makes gear improvement 729% better, my 1h weapon has 700+ damage, i have 3K+ armor rating (as light armor). im fighting dragons and they barely do damage (magic and physical) I just maxed out all the deadly dragon and ultimate dragons so they'll do max damage and have max hp, armor and resistance. 
when i'm fighting mages i can still die esp if they cast destruction spell (fire and ice).
maybe if i'll start a new game again and install 4.3 i'll set the loot to be a lot lower so i won't get so many sick items when i'm killing things. really need to find a way to balance things so the game will still be hard at higher levels. I recall in legendary vanilla without and mods the game was really hard even when I capped at lv 82 or so if i recall correctly. anyway tnx all and sorry I went off topic in the end :) have a great night all.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:42 pm

If you don't want to upgrade to 4.3 just disable the current vampire and werewolf mods and get the ones i said above in that order(notice i think i've replaced moonlight tales with the older more complete version)

To get the correct load order just copy the profile folder from the 4.2 update to your game or desktop and look inside it.If you abuse the crafting and the alchemy system you can get pretty OP ,bump immersive spawns difficulty and maybe bump the asis spawn rate also,give more potions to enemies from withing ASIS and OBIS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:30 am

@RottenDub wrote:
If you don't want to upgrade to 4.3 just disable the current vampire and werewolf mods and get the ones i said above in that order(notice i think i've replaced moonlight tales with the older more complete version)

To get the correct load order just copy the profile folder from the 4.2 update to your game or desktop and look inside it.If you abuse the crafting and the alchemy system you can get pretty OP ,bump immersive spawns difficulty and maybe bump the asis spawn rate also,give more potions to enemies from withing ASIS and OBIS.

I am using the mods you posted above, it's the same mods from 4.2 i think. in 4.1 there was a different werewolf mode I had to delete and replace with the one you added in 4.2 - you wrote something about fixing bugs in 4.2 notes and I followed the instructions. I'm trying to check now if I can fix my werewolf I just cured myself and now i'm gonna use the werewolf blood potion from the MCM moonlight tales debug. i think the only difference between 4.3 and 4.2 in regards to vampire and werewolf i that in 4.2 I have 2 more mods: bat travel and a fix for bat - seems you removed those in 4.3.

As for the difficulty of the game - I put Asis and OBIS on max. I gave them 5 potions with high chance and the enemy spawn difficulty is maxed on legendary since lv 1 - it was a huge pain when vampires raided whiterun when I 1st entered it at night. took me like 2 hours to kill that master vampire :) now they feel weak unless they cast destruction spell and then i might die once in a blue moon. the only thing i can't really do is add more numbers to each spawn because my PC and GPU aren't that great - that's also why I disabled all the optional HD mods and did some more tweaking after that (removing grass and such). don't laugh but i'm playing with I5 2500, 8gb ram and GTX 660 (2gb). A strong pc costs around 3K$, I'm working on it :) (and im not even talking about GTX 1080 or something crazy like that).

I think i'll just play with other gear that isn't OP with crazy stats.

btw, if I change the load order don't need to make a new batch patch and all the other patches (WTF, ASIS and SKY), right? that's why i'm avoiding installing 4.3 - it takes like hours to make a fresh install with all the patches and tweaks. unziping it takes like 90~ mins alone.

tnx man you are the best :)
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:30 am

I will make a tutorial today about when you should re-create patches in general and what each does and post it here.Btw is your problem with werewolf feeding resolved now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:46 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
I will make a tutorial today about when you should re-create patches in general and what each does and post it here.Btw is your problem with werewolf feeding resolved now?

tnx, i'll look forward for that vid.

The main werewolf perk tree is working now - that's the werewolf perk tree you posted in the screenshot. however i think there are other perks
that are being added by the werewolf mastery and those perks, I don't think I can get them. There is also a craftable werewolf customization ring
that allows you to customize things that are related to your werewolf and i noticed that this ring which comes from the werewolf mastery doesn't
work well or maybe doesn't work at all. I noticed that many aspects of that ring doesn't really change the vanilla settings.
for example there is an option related to how NPC treat you when you turn into a werewolf - the options are hostile (vanilla),
non hostile - i set it to non hostile and i'm still getting attack by any npc who is in the area. same things goes for many other
settings but the main werewolf perks are working (i think those are the perks from vanilla and one of the DLC of the game).
The perks that don't work are those you open in werewolf option menu - no perk points being gained in there so it's not possible to learn
those perks and some of them are really OP. maybe I am wrong and those perks will be available after I max out the normal werewolf perk
tree but i'm pretty sure that this isn't the case and the problem is that moonlight tales 2.33 isn't compatible with werewolf mastery 3.0,
only moonlight tales version 2.05 is compatible with werewolf mastery. Perfectly modded 4.2 and 4.3 are using version moonlight tales 2.33
so both are not compatible with werewolf mastery. idk if it's worth to revert moonlight tales 2.33 to 2.05 because he fixed a lot of bugs and
added some things, i hope that in the future he will make his mod compatible with werewolf mastery again. 

several days ago, I had a weird thing happen, my shield went invisible lol, I tried older saves and all and nothing solved it. In the end i had to disable dual sheath redux.
I just made a new batch patch because the game wasn't so stable yesterday after i removed that DSR mod (I just unticked it not del it). idk if i need to create ASIS and WTF again and if I also need to clean the masters again.
From what I understand DSR is changing the skeleton size or something so sometimes a weird bug happens and it makes the shield invisible. changing the setting in-game in a mod that is related to it (where u can choose where to put your different weapons) didn't solve the issue so I just removed DSR from the game.
Back to top Go down

Werewolf perk tree isn't working - pack 4.2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!