Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!
 
HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Improperly Installed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Improperly Installed?   Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:08 pm

I recently installed V4.1 using the Steam install instructions. I followed the guide to the letter, but my file paths in MO were incorrect. I had to go in and manually redirect them in order to launch SKSE. The game is now running, but still with some errors. I get an error about DSR patches missing when first running the game, as well as some SkyUI errors when opening my favorites and map. Those issues aren't so bad, just a little annoying. However, I also occasionally ctd upon trying to access a merchant inventory. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide some greater detail on what errors I'm getting if need be. 

Thanks, Kneeba
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1666
Points : 3089
Reputation : 344
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:59 pm

Kneeba wrote:
I recently installed V4.1 using the Steam install instructions. I followed the guide to the letter, but my file paths in MO were incorrect. I had to go in and manually redirect them in order to launch SKSE. The game is now running, but still with some errors. I get an error about DSR patches missing when first running the game, as well as some SkyUI errors when opening my favorites and map. Those issues aren't so bad, just a little annoying. However, I also occasionally ctd upon trying to access a merchant inventory. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide some greater detail on what errors I'm getting if need be. 

Thanks, Kneeba

Step 4: Open File "Modorganizer.ini" in your Skyrim Folder using Notepad or Notepad++



  1. Press CTRL+H for Notepad and Notepad++ to bring up the Find & Replace Window

  2. Find "X:\\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim)"

  3. Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"


This is an example of X:
Line 2: gamePath=D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim
Line 100: 12\arguments=-Xmx1024m -jar \"D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\SUM Program\\SkyProc Patchers\\SUM\\SUM.jar\"
Line 109: 13\arguments=-Xmx1024m -jar \"D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\ASIS Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\ASIS\\ASIS.jar\"
Line 118: 14\arguments=-jar \"D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\WTF Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\T3nd0_WTF\\WTF.jar\"
Line 127: 15\arguments=-jar \"D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\Dual Sheath Redux Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\\Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar\"
Line 209: mod_directory=D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS

This is an example of X:
Line 47: 7\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mopy/Wrye Bash.exe
Line 55: 8\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/FNIS Behavior/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Line 63: 9\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/skyrim_config.exe
Line 81: 10\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/FXAA ENB SweetFX Manager.exe
Line 90: 11\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MergePlugins.exe
Line 99: 12\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
Line 101: 12\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/SUM Program/SkyProc Patchers/SUM
Line 108: 13\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
Line 110: 13\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/ASIS Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/ASIS
Line 117: 14\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
Line 119: 14\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/WTF Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/T3nd0_WTF
Line 126: 15\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
Line 128: 15\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/Dual Sheath Redux Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/Dual Sheath Redux Patch
Line 135: 16\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/TES5Edit.exe
Line 144: 17\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/TESVESSE.exe
Line 149: 6\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/LOOT 07/Loot.exe
Line 151: 6\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/LOOT 07
Line 158: 18\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Skyrim Performance Monitor/PerformanceMonitor.exe
Line 167: 19\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/SMC_Launcher.exe
Line 176: 20\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Ordenador.exe
Line 178: 20\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim
Line 181: 1\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/skse_loader.exe
Line 183: 1\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim
Line 186: 5\binary=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/skse_loader.exe
Line 188: 5\workingDirectory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim
Line 195: 1\directory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/RealVision ENB 279b/RealVision_ENB_files
Line 197: 2\directory=D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/MO MODS/WTF Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/T3nd0_WTF


*Note the double and single slashes.
*ModOrganizer.exe is found in X:\Skyrim don't install in C:\ as some users have!

SKYUI >>>Advanced >>> untick map and favorites menu

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t122-manual-mod-config-a-to-z-guide


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:40 am

Thanks Rotten, I did follow the instructions as outlined the first time, but for some reason MO was still looking in the wrong places for everything. That I fixed by manually editing the file paths for each plugin. The mod optimization you provided for SkyUI has solved those few error messages I was getting. However, I still get extremely frequent CTDs upon traversing from one area to another as well as upon trying to access a merchant's inventory. Any suggestions on that?
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1666
Points : 3089
Reputation : 344
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Kneeba wrote:
Thanks Rotten, I did follow the instructions as outlined the first time, but for some reason MO was still looking in the wrong places for everything. That I fixed by manually editing the file paths for each plugin. The mod optimization you provided for SkyUI has solved those few error messages I was getting. However, I still get extremely frequent CTDs upon traversing from one area to another as well as upon trying to access a merchant's inventory. Any suggestions on that?

That shouldn't happen at all, don't know what to say, maybe check install guide again or check any of the other stickies or announcements threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:30 pm

I've done a completely fresh install. Cleaned my masters. Followed the tutorials for recreating the bashed patch, and skyproc patches. Also followed your guide for mod configs, and the performance optimization. I'm still having this issue on two different characters. The game at this point is virtually unplayable because I have to save in front of every door, CTD a few times then finally manage to change areas. I've searched through the forums and haven't found anyone else with any issue similar to this.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1666
Points : 3089
Reputation : 344
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Kneeba wrote:
I've done a completely fresh install. Cleaned my masters. Followed the tutorials for recreating the bashed patch, and skyproc patches. Also followed your guide for mod configs, and the performance optimization. I'm still having this issue on two different characters. The game at this point is virtually unplayable because I have to save in front of every door, CTD a few times then finally manage to change areas. I've searched through the forums and haven't found anyone else with any issue similar to this.

Is the profile "RottenDub" selected?Are the mods on the left sorted by priority ending with my 3 mods? Rotten's ......
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes, and yes.
Back to top Go down
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1666
Points : 3089
Reputation : 344
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Improperly Installed?   Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Kneeba wrote:
Yes, and yes.

All you really need to install the pack to a proper path so every tool reads correctly beyond that there's not much else, pack should be rock solid.

I'll send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
 
Improperly Installed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!