Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Some constructive criticism / feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrizstacks
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Some constructive criticism / feedback   Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:45 am

Already here ya go

Dirty ESMs: Dawnguard.esm / HearthFires.esm / Dragonborn.esm / Update.esm

Granted it is Bethesda's fault they were dirty in the first place. And granted it could be argued that anyone using your compilation can just clean these files themselves, or swap in their already-existing master files if they own the game. But many players that use your compilation are using it because modding is too much hassle or complicated so they don't know they need to take this important step. Any
polished collection should have clean master files as a baseline

SafetyLoad: Not needed. But beyond that, this mod can actually HARM stability according to various reputable modders. This should
definitely be purged from the collection

SSME: Not needed since Crash Fixes supersedes it. Unlike Safety Load it does no harm being there but all the same it should also be removed

HDT-related mods/files: These should not even be in the data folder. These should be in MO where the user can toggle them off. HDT
contributes to game instability as well. But even if it didn't, it'd be nice to see things like that be more optional. On that note...

The Data folder should be completely clean with only the actual core Skyrim data like someone would get off of Steam. Everything else 
can be in MO. Much more tidy but more importantly, would give the user much more flexibility and knowledge of exactly what they are loading

Excessive junk files: Maybe it's just the OCD-side of me but there are soooo many files that need not even be in the root or Data
folders. Logs... trash files... programs that could instead be in their own folders. The Creation Kit for example is over 12 THOUSAND
files by itself. I'd suggest pack it up into a 7z and put it into your -=Skyrim Rotten Edition ReadMEs and tools=- folder. Same with
other stuff like Merge Plugins and others that need not be in the game folder

That's all for now.. get's lengthy quick :-P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some constructive criticism / feedback   Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:21 am

chrizstacks wrote:
Already here ya go
Dirty ESMs: Dawnguard.esm / HearthFires.esm / Dragonborn.esm / Update.esm
Granted it is Bethesda's fault they were dirty in the first place. And granted it could be argued that anyone using your compilation can just clean these files themselves, or swap in their already-existing master files if they own the game. But many players that use your compilation are using it because modding is too much hassle or complicated so they don't know they need to take this important step. Any
polished collection should have clean master files as a baseline
SafetyLoad: Not needed. But beyond that, this mod can actually HARM stability according to various reputable modders. This should
definitely be purged from the collection
SSME: Not needed since Crash Fixes supersedes it. Unlike Safety Load it does no harm being there but all the same it should also be removed
HDT-related mods/files: These should not even be in the data folder. These should be in MO where the user can toggle them off. HDT
contributes to game instability as well. But even if it didn't, it'd be nice to see things like that be more optional. On that note...
The Data folder should be completely clean with only the actual core Skyrim data like someone would get off of Steam. Everything else 
can be in MO. Much more tidy but more importantly, would give the user much more flexibility and knowledge of exactly what they are loading
Excessive junk files: Maybe it's just the OCD-side of me but there are soooo many files that need not even be in the root or Data
folders. Logs... trash files... programs that could instead be in their own folders. The Creation Kit for example is over 12 THOUSAND
files by itself. I'd suggest pack it up into a 7z and put it into your -=Skyrim Rotten Edition ReadMEs and tools=- folder. Same with
other stuff like Merge Plugins and others that need not be in the game folder

That's all for now.. get's lengthy quick :-P

Hey man, thanks for the feedback, actually it's highly appreciated.Sorry if the response will be half-assed i got to leave  real soon for about 5 days
*Everything is on point but it would require a lot of work to "clean up" maybe if ever start a skyrim pack again from scratch.
•Adding Beth masters to the pack is illegal
•SafetyLoad will be enabled only Loading... so it should do no harm(yes i've read about the problems it could cause)
•Already removed SMME from future builds
•Data folder contains hundreds of texture(and other) mods that were manually installed and i know it's messy but if i move everything right now might break some things,not to mention MO will have a lighting(override icon on almost every mods and MO's left panel would get really messy)
•Merge plugin might be helpful for people that want to merge their installed mods
•I know the file structure is messy(not every bit of it) but it's the way that was done at that moment and for me to be completely sure i don't mess something up i would have to start the pack from 0.
•I also like things organized and am a little bit of a neat freak but i guess it got a little out of hand with skyrim, the crazy part is that it looks tidy to me as i sort by file type and i actually know where everything is in the "mess" that is the root folder.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
chrizstacks
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Some constructive criticism / feedback   Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:02 am

I appreciate the response

Just confused on the "illegal" part. Are you no longer including the core game esms/bsas?  I only downloaded 4.1 which included the full game, and then I snagged the 4.2 update which was a small download of differences. If esms are included they might as well be TESVEdit-cleaned is all I was suggesting there. Novice players won't know they have to clean their esms, and probably don't know how either, which is a potentially big issue for stability

And tools like Merge Plugins I agree completely should still be included, I was just suggesting giving things like that their own folders. The only tools I include in the root install folder are TESVEdit, LOOT, and WyreBash. Just a quality of life suggestion there. But the data folder contents can make things wonkey if the wrong older textures/etc overwrite stuff they arent supposed to anymore

Oh yeah Brawl Bugs has been properly fixed now, and it is suggested to load it at the end of the load order so things like Enhanced Blood Textures won't undo those fixes. So it should definitely go in MO now, near the bottom

Look forward to new releases :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some constructive criticism / feedback   Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:05 am

Well yeah all the packs for 2.0.6 V3 and up 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 don't have any Beth files in them, not the ones i uploaded anyway, i can't control what other people upload.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

Some constructive criticism / feedback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!