Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[solved]new build question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ogxypoh
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: [solved]new build question   Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:57 am

I have a 7970 and an fx 6350 right now, and I get stutter sometimes in the game, so I bought a gtx 1060. Will this gpu make a difference or do I need to update my cpu too? Does intel have a performance advantage over AMD in the pack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [solved]new build question   Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:01 pm

@ogxypoh wrote:
I have a 7970 and an fx 6350 right now, and I get stutter sometimes in the game, so I bought a gtx 1060. Will this gpu make a difference or do I need to update my cpu too? Does intel have a performance advantage over AMD in the pack?

Hello!I've only had Intel and Nvidia components.
ENB's in general are not friendly with AMD hardware.
You need a decent CPU for the pack, this was optimized in 4.3 version of the pack removing bottlenecks/very intensive mods.
It helps if you have the pack on a SSD or a m.2 drive but the pack didn't stutter even when i had it on my 7200RPM HDD.
See performance and ENB guides/threads here on the forum.

Totally unrelated : For a long time i had an Iphone4, i had to buy another because battery was busted after many years of use, bought brand new mid-priced android phone, it is even worse than than my old phone, my sis has a Samsung tablet, performance on it it bad to say the least had to take it 2 time to get repaired , i got a decent Samsung tablet also, the touch screen sometimes is bad etc etc.Morale i guess is get proven and tested hardware not the cheapest thing you can get.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
ogxypoh

PostSubject: Re: [solved]new build question   Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Yea I use a kingston SSD on it, and im probably gonna get a 3930x or a 6700, I play arma 3 alot too and i've read that my problems with FPS are related to the AMD cpu too, i've had this cpu since 2011 and haven't had problems running games, im sure the video card will take care of skyrim but for ARMA im sure I need an intel cpu. 

Saving money is always a good thing lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [solved]new build question   Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:17 am

@ogxypoh wrote:
Yea I use a kingston SSD on it, and im probably gonna get a 3930x or a 6700, I play arma 3 alot too and i've read that my problems with FPS are related to the AMD cpu too, i've had this cpu since 2011 and haven't had problems running games, im sure the video card will take care of skyrim but for ARMA im sure I need an intel cpu. 

Saving money is always a good thing lol

Changing my i5 660 to a i7 6700k made a lot of positive changes to my games (i usually play city sims/strategy or CPU intensive games)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

[solved]new build question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!