Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[solved]SSD benefits?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ogxypoh
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: [solved]SSD benefits?   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 am

I'm sure SSD has some benefits over a HDD but, I use my SSD as my C drive, and I don't want to switch my OS to my HDD, to change the SSD to "X:\\". Would it be worth switching over and playing skyrim on SSD?

BTW will a better processor affect extraction times?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [solved]SSD benefits?   Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:36 pm

ogxypoh wrote:
I'm sure SSD has some benefits over a HDD but, I use my SSD as my C drive, and I don't want to switch my OS to my HDD, to change the SSD to "X:\\". Would it be worth switching over and playing skyrim on SSD?

BTW will a better processor affect extraction times?

7zip does benefit from better CPU power but i also depends on the HDD/SSD/m.2 drive when you extract it.
Having the pack on 7200RPM HDD will work just fine but your loading times can be a bit longer and you might notice an occasional stutter.A SSD will lower loading time and a m.2 drive will further lower loading times to about 15 secs initial loading and sometimes instant transition between cells.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

[solved]SSD benefits?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!