Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michelangel0
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:52 am

HELP ANYONE???

I've installed the game from scratch again...
I'm using STEAM VERSION.

following this guide at this step:

Quote :Step 4: Open File "Modorganizer.ini" in your Skyrim Folder using Notepad or Notepad++

Press CTRL+H for Notepad and Notepad++ to bring up the Find & Replace Window

Find "X:\\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim)"

Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"

*IMPORTANT: NOTE THAT THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT SLASHES, BOTH FORWARD AND BACKWARD, SINGLE SLASH AND DOUBLE SLASH.
So it should look like :

D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim

D:/SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Enlarge this image

I'm in the exact situation, but I installed a new drive so I did all the installation again in this new Hard Drive. The path is D: as this user.

I do follow all the guide, but at the very first moment I run modorganizer.exe the program screws all the .ini paths
Take a look on the examples:

////////////////////////
11\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MergePlugins.exe
11\arguments=
11\workingDirectory=
11\closeOnStart=false
11\steamAppID=
12\title=SUM
12\custom=true
12\toolbar=true
12\ownicon=true
12\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
12\arguments=-Xmx1024m -jar \"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\SUM Program\\SkyProc Patchers\\SUM\\SUM.jar\"
12\workingDirectory=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MO MODS/SUM Program/SkyProc Patchers/SUM
12\closeOnStart=false
12\steamAppID=
13\title=ASIS
13\custom=true
13\toolbar=true
13\ownicon=false
13\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
13\arguments=-Xmx1024m -jar \"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\ASIS Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\ASIS\\ASIS.jar\"
13\workingDirectory=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MO MODS/ASIS Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/ASIS
13\closeOnStart=false
13\steamAppID=
14\title=WTF
14\custom=true
14\toolbar=false
14\ownicon=false
14\binary=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/Java/bin/javaw.exe
14\arguments=-jar \"D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\MO MODS\\WTF Patcher\\SkyProc Patchers\\T3nd0_WTF\\WTF.jar\"
14\workingDirectory=D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim/MO MODS/WTF Patcher/SkyProc Patchers/T3nd0_WTF
///////////////////////////////////////

I took special care to reinstall all from the scratch but modorganizer.exe keeps modyfing the .ini file!!
what is going on?????
why are alll these D:/SteamLibraryteamappsommonkyrim Paths appearing ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:09 pm

It is possible that you forgot a letter/character or a slash, and pack could probably have more .ini or .txt files that point to skyrim directory. One such example is X:\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\mo_path.txt that's why i recommend the other method if installing it to X:\Skyrim because it minimizes user error and has more compatibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Michelangel0

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 am

@RottenDub wrote:
It is possible that you forgot a letter/character or a slash, and pack could probably have more .ini or .txt files that point to skyrim directory. One such example is X:\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\mo_path.txt that's why i recommend the other method if installing it to X:\Skyrim because it minimizes user error and has more compatibility.

oh...but in your installation guide there is no mention to other files. I took special care to check every possible iteration of X: in modorganizer.ini but I can see that maybe we should check in more files...

do you have an idea which files to verify?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?   Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:41 am

@Doudawitzki wrote:
Hey michelangelo, i managed to fix our issue if you still care about it.
Replace "X:\\Skyrim" by "D:\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim"
Replace "X:/Skyrim" by "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim"

NOTE THE SLASH ARE DIFFERENT ON THE TWO LINES

Then save etc.
Then right click on your install directory of skyrim, properties, untick read-only for EVERYTHING.

Enjoy.

Apparently on modorganizer.ini needs to be correct but i like to be thorough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

HELP: Modorganizer.ini paths broken every time I use Mod Organizer...why?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!