Perfectly Modded
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  FacebookFacebook  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Performance issues/low FPS +

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crouser
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Performance issues/low FPS +   Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:14 am

Hello,

I have some FPS issues which I'm looking to get resolved.. In Whiterun, where I start the game, the FPS is almost stable 60 @ 1080p at night. Going into a house also results in a stable 60fps. I then walked outside of Whiterun, waited till day and then going down to where you can buy a horse. When standing a bit above and looking down on this place and generally walking around the place i get a drop down to the 40s and sometimes 30s. To me it seems that, when I look at NPCs the fps drops. When I turn around and just look at landscape I get a stable 60. Also the view distance, to me, is very short. If possible I'd like to have the view distance a bit longer away. Anyways, mainly the problem right now is the dip down to 40s and 30s.

Anyone got any tips/fix?

PC specs:
PSU: Corsair AX 760
CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.4ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gam X (overclocked)
MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67
RAM: 2x8GB Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport

Edit:
I've tested some more and I've monitored basic info about my CPU and GPU. 
I guess the most important is the information about the GPU, usage varies around 60-70%. Should be at least 90+, is this a thing with the Skyrim engine?
The FPS has gone a little bit up outside Whiterun after i tweaked some settings in nVidia 3D settings. But inside Whiterun I get 30-40 +/- fps. Possible to make this a stable 60?

Also I've got another bug (I think. maybe just some settings that needs to be configured), there is no animation on NPCs (people, cats++) and my character.

- Crouser
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Performance issues/low FPS +   Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi!
Wrote a more detailed post but there was a power outage so it was lost.

In Short

•Performance
1.Reduce ASIS spawns

2.Nvidia

3.Grass density can eat 10-15 FPS
4.ENB can eat 10-15 FPS

•Distance, engine limitation (a lot of things are at Max or beyond) will change in 4.4 with the help of DynDoLod.

•T-Pose (no animation)

Q: I have no char animation (aka T-pose)
A: Locate GenerateFNISforUsers.exe via search in the Skyrim folder, right click, properties, compatibility tab, ensure run as admin is selected.

-Run FNIS through MO
-Only click the first 2 options (gender specific and skeleton arm fix)
-If momo jump is ticked, detick it.
-Right Click overwrite folder >>> Create new mod >>> FNIS movement.

12:22 in video below

More tweaks :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/troubleshoot.html

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/faq.html

I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Performance issues/low FPS +   Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 am

@Crouser wrote:
Hello,

I have some FPS issues which I'm looking to get resolved.. In Whiterun, where I start the game, the FPS is almost stable 60 @ 1080p at night. Going into a house also results in a stable 60fps. I then walked outside of Whiterun, waited till day and then going down to where you can buy a horse. When standing a bit above and looking down on this place and generally walking around the place i get a drop down to the 40s and sometimes 30s. To me it seems that, when I look at NPCs the fps drops. When I turn around and just look at landscape I get a stable 60. Also the view distance, to me, is very short. If possible I'd like to have the view distance a bit longer away. Anyways, mainly the problem right now is the dip down to 40s and 30s.

Anyone got any tips/fix?

PC specs:
PSU: Corsair AX 760
CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.4ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gam X (overclocked)
MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67
RAM: 2x8GB Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport

Edit:
I've tested some more and I've monitored basic info about my CPU and GPU. 
I guess the most important is the information about the GPU, usage varies around 60-70%. Should be at least 90+, is this a thing with the Skyrim engine?
The FPS has gone a little bit up outside Whiterun after i tweaked some settings in nVidia 3D settings. But inside Whiterun I get 30-40 +/- fps. Possible to make this a stable 60?

Also I've got another bug (I think. maybe just some settings that needs to be configured), there is no animation on NPCs (people, cats++) and my character.

- Crouser

I was having the same issues, the reduction of ASIS spawns helped me as well as reducing the overall draw distance, I figured I'd rather have nicer detail up close than have an absurd draw distance.  It was more about finding the balance with GPU and CPU characteristics, Rotten also told me that the engine of Skyrim is a little limited too so if you are pushing it as far as you can then sometimes its too much for the game engine and not your rig. As was my case, the game was rendering too much for a constant stable framerate outside so reducing the draw distance is what fixed my issues, it didnt have to be reduced much either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zuzm
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Performance issues/low FPS +   Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:54 pm

First of all thank you Rotten, for this exceptionaly awesome pack. It must have been a lot of work, hours, weeks in it.
I dont found any bugs, ctds etc. It work perfectly and smooth. The only problem is some performance issues.

If i playing it for 30-40 mins, and i walk near some of the cities the game starts to stop and load frequently. So my fps drops to 0 for 1-2 secs, and up to 40-50 for 4-5 sec and again down to 0. If the game is not stopped i have 35-50 fps constant.

Is there any method to eliminate this problem?

Sorry for my bad english :(

my config:

- 8 GB ram DDR3 1600 MHZ
- GIGABYTE R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
- INTEL Core i3-4150 3.50GHz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Performance issues/low FPS +   Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 pm

That's the problem they are quite underpowered for the pack.

See http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html 
Deactivate some of the optionals that don't contain an .esp

You can also try the FPS clamp.

Stutter

◘Explanations

*FPS clamp = Method to reduce or eliminate game stutter.
+ Upside = No stutter and smooth gameplay
- Downside = If your FPS goes down more that the set value the game engine will "slow time" to avoid stutter

*Stutter = A known element in Bethesda game engines.If your hardware (both CPU and GPU) aren't strong or modern enough your image/gameworld will seem to pause for a few seconds, usually in this time the engine will try to load the said assets (textures) or NPC's.Depending on your system this can never happen, once every 10 minutes, once every few seconds.
As you can see where this going this can get SUPER frustrating, hence the FPS clamp.

•FPS limit recommended in antilag.cfg = your average FPS
•FPS clamp recommended in iFPSClamp=your average FPS -2 or -5

*If you prefer stutter vs "slow down" remove the line completely
​*Only use these setting if you experience stutter
*If you have a normal HDD remember to defragment it from time to time
◘ Instructions
-Open skyrim.ini (found in X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub)
-Add this line anywhere in the [General] section

​iFPSClamp=45 (eg FPS clamp should be what your average FPS is)

​*Note in order for FPS limit to work in antilag.cfg thes lines have to be present in enblocal.ini 
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9AL.dll

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Performance issues/low FPS +   Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:10 am

@RottenDub wrote:

That's the problem they are quite underpowered for the pack.

See http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html 
Deactivate some of the optionals that don't contain an .esp

You can also try the FPS clamp.

Stutter

◘Explanations

*FPS clamp = Method to reduce or eliminate game stutter.
+ Upside = No stutter and smooth gameplay
- Downside = If your FPS goes down more that the set value the game engine will "slow time" to avoid stutter

*Stutter = A known element in Bethesda game engines.If your hardware (both CPU and GPU) aren't strong or modern enough your image/gameworld will seem to pause for a few seconds, usually in this time the engine will try to load the said assets (textures) or NPC's.Depending on your system this can never happen, once every 10 minutes, once every few seconds.
As you can see where this going this can get SUPER frustrating, hence the FPS clamp.

•FPS limit recommended in antilag.cfg = your average FPS
•FPS clamp recommended in iFPSClamp=your average FPS -2 or -5

*If you prefer stutter vs "slow down" remove the line completely
​*Only use these setting if you experience stutter
*If you have a normal HDD remember to defragment it from time to time
◘ Instructions
-Open skyrim.ini (found in X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub)
-Add this line anywhere in the [General] section

​iFPSClamp=45 (eg FPS clamp should be what your average FPS is)

​*Note in order for FPS limit to work in antilag.cfg thes lines have to be present in enblocal.ini 
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9AL.dll

Ty! I try it when i get home from work...but if the rig is old its not much to discuss :/ I try to manage something out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Performance issues/low FPS +
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!