Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

CTD's after no modifications at all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
flowster
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:17 am

Hey Rotten,

thank you very much for all the work you put into this package, I was able to play around 9 hours with and I am amazed how good you combined the different mods.

One problem occured though which I cannot pinpoint since I did not change anything at either the Mod list, Windows 10 or any specific settings in the MCM menu.

Is there a way to locate a log file which might help to see what happened? It would be nice to solve this without reinstalling the whole thing.

I would be really happy if you could help me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:52 am

@flowster wrote:
Hey Rotten,
One problem occured though which I cannot pinpoint since I did not change anything at either the Mod list, Windows 10 or any specific settings in the MCM menu.

Hello! Where do the CTD's occur?

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:23 am

Ah, damn, forgot to mention that: everytime I switch places. I am currently in Markath and either entering a building or leaving the city into Skyrim results in the CTD. I checked with MSI Afterburner if the RAM gets overloaded but around 4-5 Gigs of that is still free. My GTX 980 Ti works fine for other games so I could be able to exclude hardware failure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:22 pm

@flowster wrote:
Ah, damn, forgot to mention that: everytime I switch places. I am currently in Markath and either entering a building or leaving the city into Skyrim results in the CTD. I checked with MSI Afterburner if the RAM gets overloaded but around 4-5 Gigs of that is still free. My GTX 980 Ti works fine for other games so I could be able to exclude hardware failure.

Check your saves folder does it have .bak files?

•Possible fix for CTD on save.
Since some people say their game crash on save i tried to reproduce it.
After many failures to crash the pack i sorted the load-order incorrectly both in left and right pane,this led to crashes on save.
So no.1 make sure your load order is correct as per http://www.modwat.ch/u/RottenDub
•Doing this i've noticed the CTD on save kept happening after the load order was corrected.
•Also noticed the game tries to create a temporary save-game adding a .tmp after the name when crashing.
•To resolve go to your game-saves path and delete all the files that contain the .tmp extension
C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves or X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\Saves
•Game should not crash now with a correct load order.

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:26 pm

@RottenDub wrote:

Check your saves folder does it have .bak files?

It does. I croped and pasted these with the .tmp files out of the saves folder but this does not resolve the issue.
The load order should be correct since I was able to play for so long and haven't changed anything between the
two sessions. I tried another save where my character is located in a store: when I try to go out to Markath it
crashes. The .bak files don't seem to reappear while the .tmp do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:03 pm

•Delete all the .tmp and .bak
•Double load your game
•type "player.kill" in console
•Load and save you game
•type "coc riverwood"
•save your game
•Try going to markarth now

Let me know if this helps.

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:25 pm

Wow, you just made my day and guaranteed myself a nive friday evening! Thank you so much! :)

Two questions though:

1. What exactly resolved the issue?

2. Could I donate some money?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CTD's after no modifications at all   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:35 pm

@flowster wrote:
Wow, you just made my day and guaranteed myself a nive friday evening! Thank you so much! :)
Two questions though:
1. What exactly resolved the issue?
2. Could I donate some money?

Np glad i can help.

Quote :
I am not sure if this post belongs here, sorry if its not the case;

So recently i decided to play Skyrim again, i updated my mods and installed Falskar and SexLab. I started getting  crashes when saving....i goggled a lil bit and found somewhere that the command player.kill may do the trick. I loaded my last save and issue the command player.kill, and i did not die...i believe it has something to do with the SD (Sanguine debauchery) mod. This did allow me to save with no problem. After a while i tried saving again and the game crashed again, doing player.kill fixes the problem...Should i be worried about this? is my file getting corrupt? why does player.kill allows me to save? I remember a similar fix to save in Fallout New Vegas, killing yourself..

Quote :
Skyrim is like oblivion, this bug has been there in every single Bethesda game, they are terrible at memory management, the reason why you can save again after using player.kill is everything previously is cleared in the memory, ad this frees it up again now you can save till it happens again.

They may not admit it, but skyrim like all the other games they made has a memory leak. That fills up after some time. player.kill will force to free it up and it will load the last save game game correctly.

CTD's after no modifications at all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!