Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Framerate issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt-Misanthropy
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Framerate issue   Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:24 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new to modding/Perfectly Modded and don't have a fantastic set up (Specs below). After the install, I loaded the pre-configured save file and was getting an average framerate of 20-30 (Low, but bearable for me), but as soon as I tried a new save, I'm only getting an average of 5-8. Then, when I tried the pre-configured save file again, it remained at 5-8. Now, I can't get it back to the way it was before and I'm not really sure what I've done. 

I installed the game, the mod, as well as configure my card settings in nVIDIA Control Panel, all as  instructed.
I did unchecked a couple of mods in Mod Manager, but I've since checked them again (Divine Punishment and Mystical Illumination).
I've overclocked my card (first experience doing so) to +135MHz Core Clock and +302MHz Memory Clock.
I've got my GPU fan running full speed via Asus GPU Tweak.
My nVIDIA GeForce Experience isn't working, so my graphics settings haven't been changed to suit Skyrim (I don't think).
I haven't messed with anything within the Skyrim folder.

Any ideas on what I may have done?

Specs:
Asus ROG G750JM Laptop - Intel Quad Core i7-4710HQ (2.50GHz - 3.50Ghz Turbo)
nVIDIA GTX 860M 4GB total with 2GB GDDR5 Dedicated
Windows 10 64-Bit
16 GB System Memory (DDR3L)

Yes, I know it's not recommended to use a laptop with Perfectly Modded, but I can bear with 20-30FPS, if I can get it back to those figures. I will also be buying a cooling pad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Framerate issue   Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Hello!

"My nVIDIA GeForce Experience isn't working"? You should reinstall the driver there is no reason that Nvidia CP shouldn't work.

For the rest of perfomance issues see : http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Framerate issue   Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 am

Hi RottenDub,

Well, turns out it was Geforce Experience! Mine was very unstable and kept crashing (Update 3.0.7.34). So for anyone experiencing the same issues, what I did was run Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), which completely uninstalls your driver (along with Geforece Experience). Then you can perform a fresh install of the latest driver and Geforce Experience. Now it is stable and somehow, Skyrim is running fine again, even without optimization within GeForce Experience (though, I'm not sure if I should touch that). I'm back to running the game at 23-30fps, which is okay for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Framerate issue   Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:44 am

You should read the ENB guide but...if not...
(you should never leave geforce xp to optimize games :D...specially not skyrim)

TL;DR
•Performance
1.Reduce ASIS spawns

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize

2.Nvidia

Enlarge this image

3.Grass density can eat 10-15 FPS
4.ENB can eat 10-15 FPS

Framerate issue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum