Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mod Organizer not recognizing load order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vilemk0
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 pm

I reedited the MO ini to reflect the new paths to steamapps>common>skyrim respectively but cannot get this game to work. I cannot change my main drive letter to X. I cannot install steam skyrim into C: drive. Wtf do I do? I can only edit the ini to reflect the new route but that doesn't seem to work anyways. Why is the load order not being picked up by mod organizer? 

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim 

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 pm

@Vilemk0 wrote:
I reedited the MO ini to reflect the new paths to steamapps>common>skyrim respectively but cannot get this game to work. I cannot change my main drive letter to X. I cannot install steam skyrim into C: drive. Wtf do I do? I can only edit the ini to reflect the new route but that doesn't seem to work anyways. Why is the load order not being picked up by mod organizer? 

Because the pack is optimized to run with X:\Skyrim in mind for ease of access, compatibility and minimal user error.

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:38 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
@Vilemk0 wrote:

Because the pack is optimized to run with X:\Skyrim in mind for ease of access, compatibility and minimal user error.
So in other words, it's not possible to make it work without renaming my C: drive to X:? Well, I guess I'm fucked bc every time I try this it errors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:01 pm

I don't think you can rename C:\ to something else, you have tho "shrink" it (not really recommended to shrink the C:\ drive the others are fine)

This is used from another partitions as people usually just use 1 drive for OS and others for games/movies etc.

Last edited by RottenDub on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Vilemk0
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:56 am

@RottenDub wrote:
I don't think you can rename C:\ to something else, you have tho "shrink" it (not really recommended)

This is used from another partitions as people usually just use 1 drive for OS and others for games/movies etc.

Thank you so much this is exactly what I needed. Now I guess I just need to rename the mod organizer paths to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:01 am

:(
No.  X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim isn't any better than C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim. 
Skyrim must be installed to X:\Skyrim.
I'd paste a link to the install guide but I think it's temporarily down for updates or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ealhaya
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: exact same issue with X: vs Steam install   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi RottenDub!

Thanks for your awesome work!
Kids+a non-gaming wife (actually anti-gaming) = Skyrim Perfectly Modded saved my -gaming- life!!

I followed exactly your instructions, to the letter, for steam install.

here are my questions... hope this will help other steam users. (if there's any steam user around who was able to make this work, please advise!!)

1. I followed all steps including renaming
2. I ran modorganizers from within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim
      => mods are OK, order is OK
      => icons not showing in top bar
      => cannot run SKSE
      => MO modifies modorganizer.ini tio mashup the names of the working directories (eg:3\workingDirectory=C:rogram Files (x86)teamteamappsommonkyrimkyrim)

3. I re-read everything and discovered I had missed the following comment from you: "*ModOrganizer.exe is found in X:\Skyrim don't install in C:\ as some users have!"  (is this a leftover from the X: version ? I didn't really understand how this fit in the rest as the guids doesn't tell steam users to install anything in X:)
so I created an X: partition and extracted the 7zip on it, and ran MO from there. still doesn't work (no big suprise as i just dumped the files there)

4.... I decided to call for help. 

I re-reread everything and realized it's not completely explicit whether steam users need X: and if so what to put on X:/ instead of the Steam directory.

I couldn't find a way to install Skyrim through steam on X:/ so that I would have X:/Skyrim, it'd be X:/Steam/Steamapps/Common...... so not what you recommend.

so I guess all things considered what I'm asking is... could you (or any fellow steam user, you already do so much!!!!!) pleaaaase provide some more (much more) details in how to use your pack with steam ?

I'm not going to add mods on top of it or change a thing, I'll use it as-is (I'm considering upgrading my PC to make sure I don't have to play with performance settings!). 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSuperNinja123
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:03 pm

You could always just copy the contents of your skyrim game into X:/Skyrim and download a crack to make it work non-steam then just copy the pack over it
This is the easiest way I know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ealhaya
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:35 am

I guess you're right... 
I'm on it.

what do you think makes the bigger difference:
1. intel i5 2500K => i7 something
2. HDD 7200rpm => SSD
3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1Go) => something like GTX 1060 6Go (http://amzn.to/2eGy1D4 for instance)
4. 8Go RAM => 16 or 32 Go RAM

My guess is 3 then 4 (cheapest) then 2 and 1 can wait. Your thoughts?

(my motherboard is an MSI P8P67 LE REV 3 so I guess I'm still good for some time)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mod Organizer not recognizing load order   Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:33 pm

@Ealhaya wrote:
I guess you're right... 
I'm on it.

what do you think makes the bigger difference:
1. intel i5 2500K => i7 something
2. HDD 7200rpm => SSD
3. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1Go) => something like GTX 1060 6Go (http://amzn.to/2eGy1D4 for instance)
4. 8Go RAM => 16 or 32 Go RAM

My guess is 3 then 4 (cheapest) then 2 and 1 can wait. Your thoughts?

(my motherboard is an MSI P8P67 LE REV 3 so I guess I'm still good for some time)

Hello!My life is also hectic right now, so forgive the tardiness on my part.
First of all i recommend the X:\Skyrim installation.

Answer to hardware : all can help (if/when you have time see performance guides)

1.Intel i7-6700k (or similar) can help with FPS spike and maintain smooth framerate when a lot of NPC are around or big fights occur (10vs10 / 20vs20 / 40vs40 etc)
2.HDD 7200 rpm should be good (minor chance of stuttering and medium chance slow terrain loading)
*Initial load times on 7200 rpm HDD 45s-60s | SSD 30-45s | m.2 drive 15-20s
3.A better GPU is probably the thing you need first as 3GB minimum is recommended for the pack and most likely you'll encounter some pretty heavy stutter with a 1GB GPU
4.More ram will give the pack more breathing space for OS, Skyrim engine and the ENB app that runs it's own process too and total usage can peak at 12GB.

Mod Organizer not recognizing load order
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!