Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Termater
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:23 am

The game runs! And it actually runs pretty well. My issue is not my FPS, I get around 50-60 everywhere but towns.

What I need help with is stuttering, it can get pretty unbearable. No matter if i'm in the wild or at a town if im going straight and turn to look any other way I get about 5 seconds of stuttering, then fps turns to normal.

This is especially bad in towns and can make going into towns terrible (especially solitude)

I've already set the .ini files for my vram available, I have two 780's 3gb.

I've tried disabling the ENB and reducing draw distance, doesn't help. I do though only have 8gb of ram but I don't believe this is an issue with Skyrim's engine even with all the mods.

Could this be from running out of Vram or ram?

I've tried disabling some textures but so far nothings helped.

Like I said I need help specifically with stuttering not low fps.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
locodice
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Termater wrote:
The game runs! And it actually runs pretty well. My issue is not my FPS, I get around 50-60 everywhere but towns.

What I need help with is stuttering, it can get pretty unbearable. No matter if i'm in the wild or at a town if im going straight and turn to look any other way I get about 5 seconds of stuttering, then fps turns to normal.

This is especially bad in towns and can make going into towns terrible (especially solitude)

I've tried disabling the ENB and reducing draw distance, doesn't help. I do though only have 8gb of ram but I don't believe this is an issue with Skyrim's engine even with all the mods.

Thanks!

Its CPU , i have also very bad fps and the problem is the cpu!

- Follow Twitter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leouch
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:33 pm

your game is on ssd or hdd?
try to play in single card mode, maby that will help.
8GB may be not enought, disable paging file and if game crash due to lack of memory... you have culpirt :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Stuttering occurs when you try to run the pack on subpar hardware.
Deleting the ENB files is not recommended.
Skyrim never ran good on two cards, you should disable SLI, i run it on a single 780 and no stutter.
Last method if nothing above works would be the FPSclamp, i'll tell you how to do it, but first try the things above.

Termater
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm

locodice wrote:
Termater wrote:

Thanks!

Its CPU , i have also very bad fps and the problem is the cpu!
I have a 4690k @ 4.5 Ghz, I don't believe it's my cpu but good ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
afshin76
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: lag issue   Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:40 am

hi.
first I wanted to say this pack is everything I wanted. and it is very good. the game looks good and fps is great. but the only problem is lag specially during combats.
I don't know that it's lag or stuttering (I actually don't know the difference). for example when I try to cast a fireball or any other magic the game freezes for two seconds.
Also some times when I move the mouse I get stuttering. I'm getting 40-55 fps and I even used enb limiter and capped the frame to 40 but still getting lag.
here is my spec:
GPU: GTX 960 4gb
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690  3.50 GHz
Ram: 8 gb

I think my spec should be enough for this game. I even put the UseDefferedRendering in enblocal to false and put the shadow to medium.
Is there any way to make this better. maybe disabling some mods. 
thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cookie404
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:46 am

I'm having the same problem. I have change the enblocal.ini file settings. It's a bit better but the fps is not constant and it freezes every 5-10mins.
My specs:
GPU: GTX 970
CUP: Inter i7-4790k 4.40GHz
Ram: 16Gb

I'm going to keep messing around and see if I can fix it. The game looks wonderful thanks for sharing it.
Guide for the enblocal.ini file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Also before opening Mod Organizer and playing make sure your internet is off, will raise fps drastically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Termater
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Stuttering Fix   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:08 pm

afshin76 wrote:
hi.
first I wanted to say this pack is everything I wanted. and it is very good. the game looks good and fps is great. but the only problem is lag specially during combats.
I don't know that it's lag or stuttering (I actually don't know the difference). for example when I try to cast a fireball or any other magic the game freezes for two seconds.
Also some times when I move the mouse I get stuttering. I'm getting 40-55 fps and I even used enb limiter and capped the frame to 40 but still getting lag.
here is my spec:

I think my spec should be enough for this game. I even put the UseDefferedRendering in enblocal to false and put the shadow to medium.
thanks

Cookie404 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. I have change the enblocal.ini file settings. It's a bit better but the fps is not constant and it freezes every 5-10mins.
My specs:

I'm going to keep messing around and see if I can fix it. The game looks wonderful thanks for sharing it.

Fellows! I have found the issue. These are symptoms of stuttering. This is due to either not enough system RAM or graphics card VRAM. The issue is the new textures that this mod pack brings in. I disabled a few and now it doesn't stutter nearly as bad (nearly no stuttering with Windhelm being an exception).

NOTE: This is to help with STUTTERING, not for Low FPS. This will not help much for low FPS.

Here's what I disabled in the LEFT list in Mod Organizer:

2K Quality Snow HD Dark
[Optional CBBE Body](4K2K HIGH)
[Optional Male Body](4K2K HIGH)
[Optional Textures]HD Clutter
[Optional Textures]HD Detailed Terrain - Main File
[Population]NPC Travelers Cats and Dogs *RM*

Just Un-Check the box according to the mod.

If you get an error upon trying to load Skyrim/Crash. On the RIGHT list in Mod Organizer: Un-Check ASIS.esp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
afshin76

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Termater wrote:
afshin76 wrote:
hi.
here is my spec:

thanks

Cookie404 wrote:
My specs:

Fellows! I have found the issue. These are symptoms of stuttering. This is due to either not enough system RAM or graphics card VRAM. The issue is the new textures that this mod pack brings in. I disabled a few and now it doesn't stutter nearly as bad (nearly no stuttering with Windhelm being an exception).

NOTE: This is to help with STUTTERING, not for Low FPS. This will not help much for low FPS.

Here's what I disabled in the LEFT list in Mod Organizer:

2K Quality Snow HD Dark
[Optional CBBE Body](4K2K HIGH)
[Optional Male Body](4K2K HIGH)
[Optional Textures]HD Clutter
[Optional Textures]HD Detailed Terrain - Main File
[Population]NPC Travelers Cats and Dogs *RM*

Just Un-Check the box according to the mod.

If you get an error upon trying to load Skyrim/Crash. On the RIGHT list in Mod Organizer: Un-Check ASIS.esp

Thanks a lot.
It actually helped and reduced some freezes that I had. But I still getting some freezes and even sometimes up to 5 seconds freezes. when I disabled those mods that u said it reduced my problem but it didn't fix it completely. I also used this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32363/?    (Skyrim Project Stability)
the game is playable now. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Excuse me, but playing without NPC, travelers and ASIS is not a good advice. You'd better wait for a new PM version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow_Nirvana
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:10 pm

tolstyy wrote:
Excuse me, but playing without NPC, travelers and ASIS is not a good advice. You'd better wait for a new PM version.

What does the PM version mean?

I am hoping to download and use this pack, But my computer is:

MSI Z97-G43
INTEL Core i7-4790 3.60GHz
G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-1600Mhz CL9 8GB (2x4GB)
SAPPHIRE  NITRO Radeon R9 390 TRI-X OC, PCI-E16 3.0, 8GB/512bit GDDR5

I am guessing I will have some problems using this modpack. Is the PM version a sort of reduced version?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ogk
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides   Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Here's what I did to eliminate the stutter:

First here are my specs: i5 3470, GTX 760 2GB OC, 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz & the game is on my 7500Rpm HDD.

-In the nvidia controll panel I picked Adaptive (Half Refresh Rate) Vsync because my monitor is running @120Hz and Skyrim physics is 60fps max.

-I used the FPS clamp from the performance guide.
     FPSlimit=45
     ​iFPSClamp=40

-In MO settings I disabled the DOF.

-In X:\Skyrim\enblocal.ini I changed 2 lines:

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

VideoMemorySizeMb=4096

I know my card is only 2GB but enb can use some system ram at a slower speed. (The faster the ram the better.)

-In X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\skyrimprefs.ini I changed the next 8 lines.

fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=500000.0000

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=500000.0000
    fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=500000.0000

v-----------Distant object detail: Medium-------------v

fBlockLevel0Distance=20480.0000
    fBlockLevel1Distance=32768.0000
    fBlockMaximumDistance=100000.0000
    fSplitDistanceMult=0.75000
    fTreeLoadDistance=25000.0000

^------------------------------------------------------------^   

v--------------Default Ultra Ultra? by RottenDub---------------v

fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=9999999.0000

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1000000.0000
    fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=1000000.0000

fBlockLevel0Distance=75000.0000
    fBlockLevel1Distance=140000.0000
    fBlockMaximumDistance=500000.0000
    fSplitDistanceMult=4.0000
    fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

^--------------------------------------------------------------------^

This will give you some texture poping in the distance. 
If you go too fast and the grass is missing, just slow down for a few seconds :).

Here is the high and ultra preset for the Distant object detail:

v-----------Distant object detail: High------------------v

fBlockLevel0Distance=25000.0000
    fBlockLevel1Distance=40000.0000
    fBlockMaximumDistance=150000.0000
    fSplitDistanceMult=1.10000
    fTreeLoadDistance=40000.0000

v-----------Distant object detail: Ultra------------------v

fBlockLevel0Distance=35000.0000
    fBlockLevel1Distance=70000.0000
    fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
    fSplitDistanceMult=1.50000
    fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

I don't know what the texture resolutions are but maybe some compresion could help us keep these high setings without any stutter. 
I don't know if it's possible at all. I'm just a noob trying to play the game ^^.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Need Performance Help, Tried the Performance Guides
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!