Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Changing install path to system drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ojinau
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Changing install path to system drive   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 am

Hi all.

I have system installed on ssd ( C:\ ) and magnetic drive for all other crap. Within my system drive a have 120 gb for games and regarding this drive i have a question, is it possible ( and if it is how ) to put entire skyrim moded instalation on system drive? i tryed just to copy it but it doesn't work, so whats need to be changed?
It seems impossible that this entire game mod works only on "X:\" drive

Basicly long loading times are not so huge problem but my C:\ is ssd M2 drive with 1k up/down so with this amount of modes will be a huge boost to loading time.

Thanks in advance
Ojinau
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Changing install path to system drive   Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:40 am

This mod pack does work only on X:\ drive, that's the simplest and most reliable way of doing it.  It sounds like your C:\ drive has 120GBs of usable space, right?  If you want to use it for this then create a new partition on that drive and make the new partition X:\, you can do this with your choice of partition manager softwares or just with Windows' Disk Management program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knight6254
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Changing install path to system drive   Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Its absolutely possible it just takes a little effort. assuming u installed it to C:/Skyrim all you need to do is open ModOrganizer.ini and find and replace X: with C: there are a few other ini files and things such as the ENB Manager that also point to X: that need to be changed if u plan to use them  but for the most part editing ModOrganizer.ini will get the pack working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Changing install path to system drive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!