Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Trying to find cause of a CTD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DenialRiver
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Trying to find cause of a CTD   Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Started the game out as a hunter, which spawned me in the mountains just south of Morthal. Was doing some exploring entered Morthal spoke to a few people then left. I was wanting to make my way to Whiterun. Following the path going east to go around the mountains I encountered a extremely large spawning of Imperial soldiers 30-40 at a crossroad which crashed my game. Luckily I had quick saved before the large sum of spawning. So I then relaunched loaded and tried to walk to the crossroads again. Now every time I take 10 steps from where I load towards that area I CTD even though the spawning isn't happening.

Thoughts? ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find cause of a CTD   Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:08 pm

@DenialRiver wrote:
Started the game out as a hunter, which spawned me in the mountains just south of Morthal. Was doing some exploring entered Morthal spoke to a few people then left. I was wanting to make my way to Whiterun. Following the path going east to go around the mountains I encountered a extremely large spawning of Imperial soldiers 30-40 at a crossroad which crashed my game. Luckily I had quick saved before the large sum of spawning. So I then relaunched loaded and tried to walk to the crossroads again. Now every time I take 10 steps from where I load towards that area I CTD even though the spawning isn't happening.

Thoughts? ideas?

Hello, Might be because of your CPU if it's underpowered.Try reducing ASIS spawns through MCM menu.

Don't use quick save and autosave, only manual saves.

See if your saves folder contains any .bak or .tmp files and if it does delete them.

•Possible fix for CTD on save.
Since some people say their game crash on save i tried to reproduce it.
After many failures to crash the pack i sorted the load-order incorrectly both in left and right pane,this led to crashes on save.
•Doing this i've noticed the CTD on save kept happening after the load order was corrected.
•Also noticed the game tries to create a temporary save-game adding a .tmp after the name when crashing.
•To resolve go to your game-saves path and delete all the files that contain the .tmp extension 
C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves or X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\Saves
•Game should not crash now with a correct load order.

Trying to find cause of a CTD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!