Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Letaiyo
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: [Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello,

I followed the installation guide. Tried reinstalling Skyrim and the modpack twice. I am still getting this error when starting a new game or loading the saves that came with the modpack.

I just cant find any solution or reason for this. Please help!

Last edited by Letaiyo on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLotus
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!   Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:40 am

Yep, having this same exact problem when certain cells load up for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Letaiyo
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!   Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 am

Just that i cant even start playing... I get the error during the loading screen. Doesnt matter if its a new game or loading a Rottens save.

Edit: I isolated the problem to the tweaks according to the performance guide. Does anyone have an idea on which one might cause this? Going to try to isolate the option that does it.

Edit 2: So it seems my Errors are due to this option:

If i set it to "High", i get the error i showed before.

Now the question is this: How do i reduce the texture quality without getting those errors?

I'm trying to squeeze out some fps, because my pc isnt that good. GPU memory is 2gb and the performance guide says to set it to "High"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneJun
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!   Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:20 am

@Letaiyo wrote:
Just that i cant even start playing... I get the error during the loading screen. Doesnt matter if its a new game or loading a Rottens save.

Edit: I isolated the problem to the tweaks according to the performance guide. Does anyone have an idea on which one might cause this? Going to try to isolate the option that does it.

Edit 2: So it seems my Errors are due to this option:

If i set it to "High", i get the error i showed before.

Now the question is this: How do i reduce the texture quality without getting those errors?

I'm trying to squeeze out some fps, because my pc isnt that good. GPU memory is 2gb and the performance guide says to set it to "High"...
After you set that to High you need to change iTexMipMapMinimum=0  iTexMipMapSkip=0 if one of those are 1 set it back to 0 there in the skyrimpref.ini in the thing it will say you are on texture quality very high but you are on high hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Letaiyo
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!   Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:29 am

Your solution seems to have fixed my errors. Thank you very much!
Is this documented somewhere? If there is another knowledge resource that i missed from SPM, i would like to read through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!   Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:39 am

Ran into this exact same situation today and the fix also worked for me. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Solved] Game crash while reading binary data stream. Please help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!