Perfectly Modded
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  FacebookFacebook  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Setting Up SPM With Steam Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
InsaneJun
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Setting Up SPM With Steam Version   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:34 am

Since people are having troubles and errors with theres and rottendub said he only supports X drive method now I'm going to try and help people with there steam version. Since reading the Steam version install there are some errors that people might come there and mess up there install. You can find that guide here (Click Me) but lets start with installing it:

After downloading the Pack open up the zip file with whatever you please. I Recommend having skyrim on a SSD or a WD Black HDD or you will have a lot of stutter. Open your steam folder and extract all the files from the zip file and put into skyrim folder. 

DO NOT OPEN MODORGANIZER THIS CAN MESS UP THE LOAD ORDER

Open Modorganizer.ini  once in the file hit ctrl-h (this will bring up the replace/find box) in the first box put X:\\skyrim and in the second box put C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim (C: is whatever your drive letter skyrim is at) Now hit replace all and should be replaced now put X:/skyrim In the first box and put C:/Program Files (x86)/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim (C: is whatever your drive letter skyrim is at) and hit replace all once that is finished save the file and exit out. Dont open skyrim yet were still not finished

Set video settings from Nvidia Control Panel (Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings) or ATI equivalent for TESV.exe to the following:
Ambient Occlusion - OFF
Anisotropic Filtering - Application Controlled ( or 16x)
Antialiasing - Application Controlled
Antialiasing Transparency - OFF
Vsync - ON

AMD user please look at this guide (Click Me)

Open Modorganizer and make sure you have mods in the list if you dont just put a new loadorder.txt in the profile folder from the zip folder (that should fix not having mods in the right and left pane) Start SKSE at the top and skyrim should run and enjoy

@RottenDub I dont if you will be happy about me doing this but please leave this up thank you

Last edited by InsaneJun on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Termater
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Well   Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:40 pm

This is assuming that the persons steam library is installed directly to the C: drive top folder. The default for steam is different.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim

I'm guessing if people need help installing to the steam version they're not as computer savvy to change steams installation directory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneJun
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Setting Up SPM With Steam Version   Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 am

@Termater wrote:
This is assuming that the persons steam library is installed directly to the C: drive top folder. The default for steam is different.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim

I'm guessing if people need help installing to the steam version they're not as computer savvy to change steams installation directory.
thats my bad i dont use the program files 86x folder on my computer so let me fix the post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runda20
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Setting Up SPM With Steam Version   Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 am

I got it all working based off this up until launching the ModOrganizer, it launches with no error but there are no mods listed, I tried to replace the text file in the profiles area as well, any ideas?

I got the mods to appear, but now I get an error saying it cant find the Executable.
Also, the ini changes the binary's for the exe to:

http://prntscr.com/d6l8bv

Solution? I think the mod pack might not be installed right because it doesnt show any of the icons like the thing I read did, How can I fix that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneJun
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Setting Up SPM With Steam Version   Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:08 am

@Runda20 wrote:
I got it all working based off this up until launching the ModOrganizer, it launches with no error but there are no mods listed, I tried to replace the text file in the profiles area as well, any ideas?

I got the mods to appear, but now I get an error saying it cant find the Executable.
Also, the ini changes the binary's for the exe to:

http://prntscr.com/d6l8bv

Solution? I think the mod pack might not be installed right because it doesnt show any of the icons like the thing I read did, How can I fix that?
you have two skyrims saying skyrim
you have "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/skryim/....."
should just have
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim"
without quotes

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Setting Up SPM With Steam Version   Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:23 am

Man, that might have just been it... I have no clue what I did to do that, but I will test everything, If I could hug you when this gets going I would <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aonifall
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Setting Up SPM With Steam Version   Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:04 am

I did everything that was stated only difference is my steam is in a G Drive versus C Now can that make a difference because i get black screen crashes or the MO can't even find the mods or skyrim also it ask me when i transfer files from the zip to the steam folder it ask me to replace the steam one's with the one's in the pack should i?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Setting Up SPM With Steam Version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!