Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oragepoilu
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill   Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello,

I noticed that my chance to pickpocket an item of hight value (not yet at the cap of 99%, like with hight gold amount) doesn't increase (or extremely little, about 1-2% in total) after I start to get over 100 in pickpocket skill.

Other perk do increase the limit (waiting behind a target for instance) and works, so I can reach hight chance if I use them, but I can still get very low or 0% chance of some item because of some enchantment value late game.

I should get an increased chance of pickpocket when I get over 100 up to 300, no ? There isn't anything I can't do at lvl 100 that I could at lvl 300 (2% chance difference only, it's like getting 1% per 100 skill)

So, if somebody have an idea how it's possible to change it ...

Also, I tried to change the ini of elys uncapped trough MO in [Perk tree overhaul] RM by increasing the value from 300 to 500 (both value) for pickpocket, but it doesn't seems to do anything in my current save. (I have no knowledge about merging etc btw)

I saw that there was another uncapper mod merged that should have added more rank of perk for lv100+ (looking at nexus mod description after looking for the name Uncapped Perks - Combat + Stealth.esp) but I don't see any more rank in game.

Notes :
the only other mod I added is Word's dawn (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73094/?)
Unarmed damage DO increase up to lvl300. (main reason why I don't get it that pickpocket doesn't increase)
I do NOT ask to get over the 99% limit.
I do know I could use the perk to help me (waiting behind, etc)
I know I could also wear some item with bonus (but it's flat bonus : a +15% on my boot would only change from 8% chance to 23% chance, and thus having already a value that give me a 0% often don't even allow me to have 1% unless I stack a lot)
That's not a big issue, it just defeat the purpose to have a uncapper (beside player level).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill   Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 pm

The 300 cap was me testing if there are reasons to go over 100 with the current perk trees, there not much reason so i'll cap them back to 100 in 5.0

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill   Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:11 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
The 300 cap was me testing if there are reasons to go over 100 with the current perk trees, there not much reason so i'll cap them back to 100 in 5.0
The thing is, it seem really hard to pickpocket lot of stuff. maybe as the weight have been increased, we get reduced chance (as weight affect chance to pickpocket).

I have 100+ skill, using 50% (waiting perk) while they sleep and I still can't even get 0% chance over lot of jewelry and I can barely get 10% over lot of weapon/armor, making the whole pickpocket bonus useless (forced to swap gear with enchanting bonus to steal and/or use potion, but when you do it this way you need enchanting or alchemist, NOT pickpocket skill)

I wonder if it's possible to either have normal weight system or change the formula for pickpocket to see if there is something wrong here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill   Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:28 pm

To have normal weight just move skyrim unbound after player help RM.esp in MO's right pane.

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill   Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:24 am

Thx for the fast reply.

I removed it and took a look around, I could steal more things (when wearing gear with bonus, about 82% bonus in total) that I couldn't before (or maybe, as it wasn't exactly the same item, something else came around ...).

It feel weird to not be able to steal some jewelry for some reason but on the other hand some small thing (diamond etc) give so much money that's not a big deal.

Cap it at 100 is a good idea, especially since unarmed bonus is quite good in his own way, as long as bonus from potion/enchantment still apply.

Btw, that's a really great pack, I'm really thankful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pickpocket Skill "chance" at hight skill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!