Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

CTD on save

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
New Face!

PostSubject: CTD on save   Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 pm

RottenDub it's amazing how many hours you've put into this, and during the time that this mod compilation worked for me I enjoyed it immensely, which is why I'm still trying to get it running...

I looked at your advice on fixing CTD on save, and I've deleted the .tmp file that exists, and completely checked the mod list and priority. I was able to get to level 15 and at that point the game would almost always crash on any kind of save. 

I got to level 15 without dropping below 30 FPS I don't feel the need to mention my specs. 

I had task manager on for a while, and upon turning it off the problem went away for about 30 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with this!

I downloaded this modpack from the link in your "Installation Guide" via torrent. I'm redownloading it in case that's the problem, but again, because I could run it for quite a few hours without any CTD problems, I don't see how that could be the issue. There are mods in the 4.4 version that are not in your modwatch list. This strikes me as a cause for some small concern.

But as I said I went through the whole mod list and disabled any mods not in your modwatch, and I corrected the mod order. I was surprised I had to, since I did use 7zip to unzip the mod more than twice. 

Do you have any advice? I'd love to get this running. I always liked Skyrim, and this modpack really unlocks it's potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: CTD on save   Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:39 pm

After looking into this more, I found this:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/540731690766780373/?ctp=2
which offers advice on Skyrim crashes in general. The last post suggests disabling HDT high heels will fix the problem. So I disabled this, and kept restarting the game, disabling the mods dependent on it, until it ran. 

This worked! I'm not experiences crashes right now. I'm a little sad to have lost about 8 mods out of the pack but it's a small price to pay.

So, if anyone else has a persistent CTD when saving problem with 4.4, you might try this. 

*** Edit. This worked for a few hours. Now I have CTD on save again, AND ALSO CTD on load. Yaaay. ***
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CTD on save
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM V4.3-
Jump to:  

Free counters!