Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Remove Map GPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lrlanzoni
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:37 pm

I have spent some time looking through the Mod List and haven't noticed an immersive map option i.e. (no gps map mods)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37062/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3049/?

There seem to be a few potential errors with using the first of the two listed and the second one seems to erase all quest markers as well (a little too immersive for me)

I have read the pages concerning mod installation, but truth be told, I am not an experienced modder and it makes me seriously uncomfortable adding this when what has already been made works so well. Any thoughts on how I can most easily install this? Manually edit the skyrim.ini and copy/paste the according files? What accomplishes this with the best compatibility? Also, I looked at the Knowledge Base - FAQ and read over the optimal load order and am confused. Would a file like this go near SkyUI or put at the end of the load order as detailed in the installation guide on Nexus?

I sincerely hope I have posted this correctly. I tried to read before asking so I apologize if I missed something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:17 pm

You do know you can press "X" to hide compass + markers

Also can press "J" and disable quest markers...

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Right I understand the close compass toggle. I didn't know about the quest markers, however I am more leaning towards hiding the directional gps functionality of the map itself. The character icon on the map automatically shows direction when opened. I was hoping to use these mods to hide that icon and so create a map that doesn't exactly show where you as the character are. I just don't know how to successfully implement that change and have it play nice with the mods currently in place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:37 pm

@Lrlanzoni wrote:
Right I understand the close compass toggle. I didn't know about the quest markers, however I am more leaning towards hiding the directional gps functionality of the map itself. The character icon on the map automatically shows direction when opened. I was hoping to use these mods to hide that icon and so create a map that doesn't exactly show where you as the character are. I just don't know how to successfully implement that change and have it play nice with the mods currently in place.

I see then, it was a little confusing because you said you don't want one of those options. Install any or both of the mods and place them before skyrim unbound.esp in the right pane. Test them out, they should both work, just test to see if they work and don't save before you are sure they both do.

Cheers!

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:05 pm

I have tried both the load order placement that you mentioned as well as the one stated on the site to no avail. It will modify the viewpoint (to take away the auto centering that happens on the default map) but it doesn't remove the character map marker. I wondered if you had any thoughts as to why that might be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:12 pm

@Lrlanzoni wrote:
I have tried both the load order placement that you mentioned as well as the one stated on the site to no avail. It will modify the viewpoint (to take away the auto centering that happens on the default map) but it doesn't remove the character map marker. I wondered if you had any thoughts as to why that might be?

Nope!

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Hahaha, fair enough. Thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:55 pm

@Lrlanzoni wrote:
Hahaha, fair enough. Thank you sir.

You can try setting map markers to ( and possibility others )0 in one of the ini's (skyrim and skyrimprefs) throught MO's ini editor but i don't know if it will help.

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:06 pm

Yea I haven't had much luck. I can install an update mod I have been working on which essentially overwrites SkyUI's .swf file and removes the icon and text and noise on current location mouseover, but it doesn't stick. I am attempting to find SkyUI's .swf file currently and do a manual installation, but haven't found it yet.

EDIT: here is the mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70777/?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lrlanzoni

PostSubject: Re: Remove Map GPS   Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:08 pm

I'll also have to ask what you mean by setting the ini's through ModOrganizer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Remove Map GPS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!