Perfectly Modded
Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!
 
HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  FacebookFacebook  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Massive Unknown Performance Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScottaBlast
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 21
Points : 263
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:52 am

As the title suggests, my game is running extremely poorly (considering my rig) for unknown reasons.  I currently have an i5-4670, gtx 1080, 2tb hdd and 16gb RAM.  On this, I'm only getting 30-60fps outside, averaging 45ish, and as low as 12 fps in Whiterun.  I followed everything with the performance guide as well.  Before I got the 1080, I had a 970, and my performance was pretty much the same.  This leads me to believe Skyrim isn't using everything my system has to offer, but I'm not sure why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1429
Points : 2604
Reputation : 286
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:05 am

@ScottaBlast wrote:
As the title suggests, my game is running extremely poorly (considering my rig) for unknown reasons.  I currently have an i5-4670, gtx 1080, 2tb hdd and 16gb RAM.  On this, I'm only getting 30-60fps outside, averaging 45ish, and as low as 12 fps in Whiterun.  I followed everything with the performance guide as well.  Before I got the 1080, I had a 970, and my performance was pretty much the same.  This leads me to believe Skyrim isn't using everything my system has to offer, but I'm not sure why.

It's the NPC spawning and path-finding you do need a strong CPU for modded Skyrim/this pack. I also get a slowdown if i look down from dragonsreach and goes to 30. Whiterun and Windhelm are know for bad performance even in vanilla.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
ScottaBlast
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 21
Points : 263
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:36 am

So basically my CPU is bottlenecking my performance, and I should update?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1429
Points : 2604
Reputation : 286
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:39 am

@ScottaBlast wrote:
So basically my CPU is bottlenecking my performance, and I should update?

A better CPU would help when massive/large population/battle occur 

Recommended System Requirements

OS: Win7 64 bit/Win 10 64bit
Processor: Intel i7 6700k CPU
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive: 120 GB SSD / m.2 drive
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 graphics card 4GB VRAM or better(Nvidia GTX 970)

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
ScottaBlast
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 21
Points : 263
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:45 am

Thanks, I'll definitely look into upgrading my CPU.  I might be able to rebuy the 970 and sell the 1080 so i can afford it.  If so, (since you have these components) do you think I can get a steady 60 with those recommended requirements and windows 10 64?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1429
Points : 2604
Reputation : 286
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:52 am

@ScottaBlast wrote:
Thanks, I'll definitely look into upgrading my CPU.  I might be able to rebuy the 970 and sell the 1080 so i can afford it.  If so, (since you have these components) do you think I can get a steady 60 with those recommended requirements and windows 10 64?

I sincerely don't know because my GPU is bottle-necking the pack ATM and i don't like to talk out of my ass, i like facts.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
knight6254
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands


Posts : 29
Points : 151
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:26 am

I have a gtx 1080 and i7-6700k and even i get below 60 fps in some places i do however play on 2560x1440 in 1080p its solid 60 fps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScottaBlast
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 21
Points : 263
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:34 am

@knight6254 wrote:
I have a gtx 1080 and i7-6700k and even i get below 60 fps in some places i do however play on 2560x1440 in 1080p its solid 60 fps
That's why I'm concerned/confused.  I'm thinking of returning the 1080 and getting a 1060 and i5 - 6600k instead, maybe that'll help.  I also did a factory restore to test if any miscellaneous clutter was affecting it, and im currently installing it now.


Last edited by ScottaBlast on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScottaBlast
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 21
Points : 263
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 am

Another thing, I heard that windows 8 / 10 limits your vram usage for dx9 applications to 4gb, however this isn't true with windows 7.  Wouldn't switching to windows 7 theoretically help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScottaBlast
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this


Posts : 21
Points : 263
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Massive Unknown Performance Problem   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:44 am

@RottenDub wrote:
It's the NPC spawning and path-finding you do need a strong CPU for modded Skyrim/this pack. I also get a slowdown if i look down from dragonsreach and goes to 30. Whiterun and Windhelm are know for bad performance even in vanilla.
@RottenDub wrote:
A better CPU would help when massive/large population/battle occur 

The problem is it's not only when there's a lot of NPCs on screen, or I'm in a specific area, it's all the time.  Sometimes when I'm just wandering the wilderness, with no one around me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Massive Unknown Performance Problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!