Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Good morning everybody.

First I want to say that so far from what I have seen the modpack looks awesome and Im looking forward to play it soon.
For some days now I tried to get it to run on my PC but everytime I solve a problem a new one pops up.
I want to apologize if this problem has been stated and solved many time before in the forums but I had a good look and could not find it.

To make a long story short I get straight to the point:

I installed the game several times and followed the installation guide by the letter exept for the steam installation where in my opinion there is a small mistake in step 4 where there it says "Find "X:\\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim" it should be
                  "Find "X:\\" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\" and         

"Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim" should be replaced with
                  "Find "X:/" and Replace it with "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\"
and I hope Im not wrong with my observation.

Because I had the 0000005 error before and read that it could have been because of Bitdefender which I am using.I deactivated it completly and the it run to the point I described as in the sentences below.

When I open MO, all the mods and tools are displayed correctly and with v4.4 I have on the left pane 260 mods of which not all of the are active and on the right pane 159 mods of which only one (dD-Large Splatter Size) is not active. This is with the MO profile RottenDub activated.

I change the setting of Skyrim Launcher, TESV, ModOrganizer and SKSE to start in Admin mode.

When I now start SKSE through MO then for a short second in my upper left screen is a small balck window which goes away directly. Then my screen is turning black as if the game is starting. I see the circle where my mouse arrow is normally and its loading and looks as if the game wants to start but suddlenly the black screen dissapears and I am back to the desktop.

I also tried a few days ago with a complete new installation of skyrim to install the Journey modpack and I had the same CTD problem there as well.

If there is any more information you need Ill be happy to provide it.

Otherwise I wish you all a good day and hope to read some solutions here soon.

Last edited by SirLootalot on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Update   Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:51 pm

I just wanted to give a small update and some more information to how and what I have exactly dont with the fresh install I just made. I checked all the graphicsettings in my NVidia options. Also above is my complete Modloadorder.

1. I installed Skyrim in my Steamlibrary on another drive.
2  I deleted HighresTexturepack 1,2 and 3 with Skyrim launcher
3. I copied Skyrim folder from P:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common to X:\Skyrim
4. I copied from the zip file a No Cd.exe containing of SkyrimLauncher.exe and TESV.exe to X:\Skyrim
5. I unpacked via "7zip Unpack to" to X:\Skyrim all files and folder from the Skyrim folder in the Skyrim Perfectly Modded 4.4.7z.
6. I looked if TESV.exe, SKSE.exe, ModOrganizer.exe are run in Admin Mode. They do.
7. I switch of Bitdefender so I dont have the 0000005 Error
8. I started SKSE over MO but the same problem as described above happened again.

Here is the MO log when I start it.
17:43:26 [D] Working directory: X:\Skyrim
17:43:26 [D] MO at: X:\Skyrim
17:43:26 [D] initializing core
17:43:26 [D] initialize plugins
17:43:26 [D] looking for plugins in X:\Skyrim\plugins
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "bsaExtractor.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "checkFNIS.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "diagnoseBasic.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "gameFallout3.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "gameFalloutNV.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "gameOblivion.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "gameSkyrim.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "iniEditor.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "installerBAIN.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "installerBundle.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "installerFomod.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "installerManual.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "installerNCC.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "installerQuick.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "NMMImport.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "previewBase.dll"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "pyCfg.py"
17:43:26 [D] loaded plugin "proxyPython.dll"
17:43:26 [D] game path: X:\Skyrim
17:43:26 [D] managing game at X:\Skyrim
17:43:26 [D] setting up configured executables
17:43:26 [D] configured profile: RottenDub
17:43:26 [D] validating login cookies
17:43:26 [D] initializing tutorials
17:43:26 [D] localization file qt_de-DE not found
17:43:26 [D] localization file organizer_de-DE not found
17:43:26 [D] loaded language de-DE
17:43:27 [D] interface Ethernet seems to be up (address: fe80::a861:abad:4e0d:8626%5)
17:43:27 [D] user doesn't seem to be connected to the internet
17:43:27 [D] localization file bsaExtractor_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file checkFNIS_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file diagnoseBasic_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file gameFallout3_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file gameFalloutNV_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file gameOblivion_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file gameSkyrim_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file iniEditor_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file installerBAIN_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file installerBundle_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file installerFomod_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file installerManual_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file installerNCC_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file installerQuick_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file NMMImport_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file previewBase_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] localization file proxyPython_de-DE not found
17:43:27 [D] displaying main window
17:43:27 [D] cookies seem to be invalid
17:43:28 [D] X:\Skyrim\profiles\RottenDub\modlist.txt saved
 []

And here are my Specs

Operating System and System type / version : Windows 10 64Bit
Processor type and speed : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 4.20GHz
RAM amount : 8GB 2.4 MHz
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Mainboard : Z170-A PRO (MS-7971)
Hard Drives : Sasmsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
                  ST1000DM003- 1SB102 1TB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Update   Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:21 pm

So yesterday I formatted my X drive and made a fresh new install with V.4.3. Installationprocedure like described in

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t125-installation-guide-tutorials

I encountered the same bug CDT before the games starts so I think it must be something more fundametal. I tried all kinds of troubleshooting suggested here

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t163-troubleshooting-tips-known-bugs-fixes

but he bug still persist. I have looked through the forum and tried to find a method to create a crash report so i can post it because the normal one you find in other forums does not work.

Can someone explain me how to create a crashreport with Skyrim Perfectly Modded so I could post it and maybe a person gets an idea of why the CDT happens?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Forget about steam. Just install license game to X drive and copy 4.4 context to this drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:49 am

I thought this is not possible because steam does not let you install it anywhere except where there is a steam library, but when its installed in a library the path is not X:\Skyrim but X:\steamlibrary\steamapps...and so on. Or do you mean install it in a library on to X Drive and then cut paste it to X:\Skyrim?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Change path to x:/skyrim and copy 4.4 to that folder, easy day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brotstuhl
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 pm

What BS is that? You can't legaly install Skyrim without steam so your telling me to crack skyrim to get your Modpack to work? It's not only that skyrim is a bitch to crack anyway but what kinda crap support is this? Can't be that hard to get a modpack working for steam when probably 99% of the players use steam anyway. Perfectly Modded Skyrim is definatly false advertising here XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:28 pm

Thank you for the reply tolstyy but I am a bit afraid to look stupid because i dont know what you mean with
Forget about steam. Just install license game to X drive and copy 4.4 context to this drive. wrote:
tolstyy
Change path to x:/skyrim and copy 4.4 to that folder, easy day. wrote:
tolstyy
Because so far I only understood that there are two ways to install the game.
1. Install a licensed copy (which as far as i know has to be always activated over steam) in a steamlibrary on any drive except C:/ drive and then cut and paste the Skyrim folder to X:/ so you have then X:/Skyrim and then applie NOCD.
2. Install a licensed copy (which as far as i know has to be always activated over steam) in a steamlibrary on any drive except C:/ drive and the  proceed with the steam installation as descibed in the guide. Change .ini paths and so on.

To get to the first step of the "Legendary(NO Steam)" installation i used the information from these two posts below.

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t547-how-to-x-skyrim
http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t406-non-steam-skyrim-install
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JadynKarn
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:00 pm

I am having this exact same issue. I have tried moving the entire folder out of steam and using the no cd crack, and I have tried keeping it in steam and using the change the ini method and I can't load into game.

I have made the 1440 adjustements, and my mods all show up I have copy pasted the load order and mod list file several time to make sure they are correct but no matter what I do I cannot load the game. I have kept an umodded version which works fine in and out of steam. Not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:26 pm

I have two more ideas which I havent tried yet to get it to run.

1. If one is using Bitdefender and one switches it off to avoid the "0000005" or so Error, then it might be that although bitdefender is off, the files in quarantine are still blocked no matter if Bitdefender is off or not. So one could remove all the files from quarantine.

2. Because it is mentioned that the install guide is only safly tested with an english version of the game and windows, and I have the german version of windows installed, I could make a image of my whole system, install windows anew completely in english, add steam and graphics drivers and maybe other essential hardware drives an finally then try another non steam install with skyrim perfectly modded.

@JadynKarn

if you have any more sugestions or get it to run before me, please tell me what you did ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Ok,

after a little break and giving up on this modpack i tried the Ultimate Modding Guide on Skyrim nexus and got this to run.
While installing all those mods, in the end it was arround 253 mods, I mentioned i have the same problem as described above and thought it must be something fundamental which i overlooked.

I found out that as long as i dont use an ENB everything works fine so what I did as all attempts failed was installing an old version of Direct X from 2010 and it worked.

Since im ok with a PC but not an expert I think the reason might have been either a "Not up to date" version of Direct X or Windows Visual C++ Version.

A few days ago after a bit of thinking because i didnt want to fu*k up my install but was also very tempted to try and get this modpack to run I unistalled everything followed the instructions to the letter and voilà it worked as intented. In compare to my modded game this modpack is like day and night.

So to sum things up I think the reason was a a "Not up to date" version of Direct X or Windows Visual C++ Version.
So this topic can be marked as solved i guess although im not 100% sure of the reason why.

(By the way do I mark the topic as solved or does Rotten do it?)

Maybe if it is not allready in this http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t423-mod-config-tools-and-patches or this http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t163-troubleshooting-tips-known-bugs-fixes post Rotten could point out that for all those people having a CDT before the game properly starts without any notice it might be because of outdated Direct X or Windows Visual C++ Distribution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Now you know that before the pack installation everyone should read the instructions Rotten posted, it will be a lesson for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrazyGreek
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:37 pm

This modpack and Rotten's work on this is just a magnificent work! You will enjoy it!It is by far the best modpack up till now for skyrim!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts   Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

@CrazyGreek, yes i agree. This is the way skyrim is supposed to be played and it will get even crazier with SPM 5.0.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[solved]Crash to Desktop before the Game starts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!