Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I have modded before but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sirenis13
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 am

This is quite different. I looked around the various tutorials on the site. But it seems to be for modding basics. I will admit, however, its been a few months and I haven't done a mod of this size before. Cus its several merged.

Which I have been modding and playing skyrim since it was released.

Anyways, I downloaded 4.4 via torrent, and have the zip folder. A manual install is not logical and it seems you guys prefer to use MO for this.Yet when I try MO via the zip file, it says the structure is incorrect. Or is it correct?

Additionally, I didn't find install information/tips for 4.4. I just found basic modding guides for someone that has never modded before.

If that is somewhere, please direct me? If not. What is the best way for handling this immense package?

Thanks <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 am

Hey you.  I think you're looking for this.
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/legendary-install-guide.html
It's a little tricky to find, only in the PM4.3 tab for now but the directions are exactly the same for installing 4.4.
You'll create a partition and use the letter X:, (I like using the program MiniTool Partition Wizard Free for this, but any'll work) install Skyrim Legendary Edition to it, (depending on your version you'll probably need to use a crack so nothing bitches about Steam) extract Perfectly Modded 4.4 into the same X:\Skyrim folder, (use 7zip, and don't just open the pack and drag the files into X:\Skyrim, actually click on one of the Extract buttons instead.  The drag and drop method copies it all to RAM first and you don't have that much RAM) then you just need to set up a settings profile in whichever video card software you have, NVIDIA is preferred but ATI can mostly work too, there are guide links on that install page.
Good luck, ask if you need anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirenis13
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:13 am

Thank you so much for the answer! I looked everywhere, or what felt like everywhere, but 4.3.

Questions though,

Do I have to do the partition? I have steam, like everyone else, and was wondering if I could extract the 7zip file into the Steam\Skyrim folder? I just prefer everything being where I have it and I am probably going to forget the x:\skyrim location to be quiet honest. :C
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:08 am

I wouldn't recommend it.  As well as being a lot simpler, doing it the X:\Skyrim way isolates the Perfectly Modded install from anything in your computer so it's super easy to wipe and start over if you mess up or if PM 5.0 comes out.  If you need Steam watching you no matter what though then there's another guide for changing the PM install to work in that directory.
http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/steam-install-guide.html
But most of us don't use it and won't try to help if you run into any problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirenis13
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 am

Buh. Extracting created another Skyrim folder, Mod Organizer wasn't working or I couldn't figure out how to get it to read the mods... mess of problems. Thanks for the help but I think I am going to put PM aside as it is too much for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nix
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Make a X: partition of 100 GB, download Skyrim to X: (X:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Skyrim) then make another folder in X: called "Skyrim" (X:/Skyrim) move over all the Steam Skyrim files to it but make sure you leave these 5 files inside of it. (You have to have these 5 files in both the Steam directory and the modded directory. That's how I got it to work, there's probably another easier way but i don't know. 

http://i.imgur.com/sd7YIKg.png
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mahavo
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: I have modded before but...   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:27 pm

@sirenis13 wrote:
Buh. Extracting created another Skyrim folder, Mod Organizer wasn't working or I couldn't figure out how to get it to read the mods... mess of problems. Thanks for the help but I think I am going to put PM aside as it is too much for me.

Have you followed the Steam install guide?

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/steam-install-guide.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I have modded before but...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!