Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spread The Word

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Spread The Word    Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am

So I reached out to Broduel (the skyrim mod channel on YT) and told them to talk about SPM5, I think they may have missed my email (they probably get a ton) but I think it would be great publicity for the project if everyone reached out to the modding channels and told them about this. 

who knows @RottenDub may be able to get some supporters who can help do some of the work and integrate/quality test mods and even add new ones. 
Victory
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arcanant
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 pm

The main problem is that it can actually backfire because modders are not fan of modpacks regardless of credits given and they ask to remove their mods from the pack. I have seen it happen before and great packs got ruined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Yeah, since Rotten is doing everything regarding this pack by himself and isn't taking donations, spreading the word can only perhaps help other people but definitely not Rotten. Maybe best to at least wait until SPM5 is out before ring bells in the streets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Vendayn
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah, I don't see this working too well. The Bethesda modding community tends to be...very very elitist and extremely snobby and rude. They'd all start a holy crusade on the site like they do with SkyrimGTX. Heck, they became borderline psychotic and hunted down his personal information. Like wtf? Though he IS a douche and acts very...well like he is above everyone else, and even treats his "fans" rude on his youtube page, but that doesn't call for being psychotic stalkers like skyrim modders act like.

Now look at Dwarf Fortress modding community, Torchlight and sort of Mount and Blade as well...far more friendlier and far nicer than Bethesda modders.

Its probably best not many people know of this mod pack (at least maybe till SPM 5 is out), otherwise there will be a holy crusade of epic proportions lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:20 pm

That is not just Todd Howard problem but player's too. Howard did not explain that a console system is not a PC one and the SE mod pack not supposed to have hundreds of mods. A player wanna play a huge pack in a console with low tech specs - really? If you wanna play such a pack - buy PC, period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 am

any publicity is good publicity. even if some bitch and moan it will only garner more attention from ES fans . what would you rather play, a mod pack? or a highly controversial mod pack.

there was something like that with Oblivion back in the day, someone created a great pack that modders got pissed at because he/she literally gave no recognition or care to the modding community. it was a great pack and a lot of people downloaded it. 

I guess it is a bitch move to do it that way... but why does it matter to the end user. personally I don't care about the politics, i just want a great product at the end of the day. And since you can't legally order someone not to use freeware, its a non-issue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08 am

Still, being nice to mod authors is in the best interests of mod consumers. Even if you want to be all "fu*k you dad" and take whatever you can get, it's pretty important to feign some considerations for them, like credits, or agreeing to remove anything someone who made it specifically asks you to remove. If pack makers and other retweakers are too rough then lots of mod authors will get more exclusive with their releases, or worse and just ragequit. Rotten seems to be handling everything just right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Azraile
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Ugh I hate when people get like that....

Why would you make something to share with others and inhance the fun they have but be shuch a dick about doing so.... Long as they give you credit why complain?

Sights modding your mod HAVE to link back to your mod for them to go there and download it....

I can understand if it was something like some one doing a big quest/dungeon/story or the like and then some one comes in and goes meh and changes it all with there own mod... but thats not what is being done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:22 pm

Azraile wrote:
Sights modding your mod HAVE to link back to your mod for them to go there and download it....
That's not what's being done here either. Try not to hate people for hating, it tends to prevent them from ever being able to understand you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Azraile
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Spread The Word    Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Hates the wrong word lol, that's just the way people use it... don't really hate anyone for anything.
Kinda anoying how people use hate for anything that anoyes them but then again a lot of people hate rather easly and quickly out there....

Well may not be happing here but it dose happen *shrugs*

I just wish people could get along, and how can you not get along when your going out of your way to share things and be nice?  Thats stupid.

Don't help our language uses way to many incorect and nastier terms than needed.  One that always bugs me is friend.... maybe if we wheren't so werid about how we clasify friends people wouldn't get so offended when you don't just count everyone you meet of the street as your friend.... Blame chat programs on that one.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Spread The Word
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!