Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

FPS won't cap or clamp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lukenort68
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: FPS won't cap or clamp   Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 am

First off let me say this: 
THIS IS THE BEST MOD PACK EVER TO SEE THE FACE OF THE EARTH AND I THANK GOD AND BLESS THE SOULS OF THE CREATORS!
but I'm kind of having a problem

I have followed the instructions in the iFPSClamp video along with trying to enable V-sync through Nvidia inspector, and ENB but my FPS keep fluctuating and I have lots of FPS tearing. I can't seem to limit or clamp fps and when I try the speed of my game fluctuates as well as more tearing and lag. I have set the proper settings in Nvidia settings.

I really love this mod pack, but this is kind of a experience killer for me. I have a brand new 2000$ MSI Ghost-pro with a 870m GPU aswell as a 2.50 I7 and 17gigs ram... It should not be a hardware issue.

I have also heard that the mod pack runs badly with notebooks... but I would appreciate any answers that anyone has!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirLootalot
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:42 am

What you can do to limit the fps is go to your Skyrim Folder, open enblocal.ini and under [LIMITER] set FPSLimit= to your desired value.
There you can also adjust you VSync settings and many more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukenort68

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks for the reply but when I do that I just lag harder. I have tried all fps limiters and followed both guides thoroughly double checking for mistakes and I can't find a stable solution.

I run skyrim on another Harddrive, that's not my main one but it's still an ssd. I've turned off every graphic intensive setting Aswell from ENB to ultra shadowing and i still experience stutter outdoors and in towns.

I know that if I clamp my FPS it will stop because it runs smooth at around 35-40 fps but whenever I try to clamp it or cap it, it seems to ignore everything (as I have said). I just don't know what the hell i can do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:27 pm

@lukenort68 wrote:
Thanks for the reply but when I do that I just lag harder. I have tried all fps limiters and followed both guides thoroughly double checking for mistakes and I can't find a stable solution.

I run skyrim on another Harddrive, that's not my main one but it's still an ssd. I've turned off every graphic intensive setting Aswell from ENB to ultra shadowing and i still experience stutter outdoors and in towns.

I know that if I clamp my FPS it will stop because it runs smooth at around 35-40 fps but whenever I try to clamp it or cap it, it seems to ignore everything (as I have said). I just don't know what the hell i can do.

If you have an Nvidia Card, best capper is RivaTunerStatisticsServer (comes with MSI Afterburner) because it also smooth-ens frame-time and thus you get smoother gameplay

Set you're FPS limit to whatever you want.

For more performance tweaks Check out the website

Explaining Frametime and Riva

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:19 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
@lukenort68 wrote:

If you have an Nvidia Card, best capper is RivaTunerStatisticsServer (comes with MSI Afterburner) because it also smooth-ens frame-time and thus you get smoother gameplay

Set you're FPS limit to whatever you want.

For more performance tweaks Check out the website

Explaining Frametime and Riva

This originally didn't help but now it aids to the other solution I found. I had differed rendering turned off, and that seemed to bring my average fps down to a constand 30 and I am experiencing smoother gameplay and better graphics!

Now I just have to deal with my crash problems. It keeps saying nif files may be corrupt, does anyone know what that might be linked to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Could be 2 things,pack is not in X:\Skyrim or you might not have set or have admin rights on one of the apps that the pack is using,i've set run as admin in compatibility for all the tools used in the pack including MO and TESV.exe etc etc and never experienced a crashed related to .nif files.

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:27 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
Could be 2 things,pack is not in X:\Skyrim or you might not have set or have admin rights on one of the apps that the pack is using,i've set run as admin in compatibility for all the tools used in the pack including MO and TESV.exe etc etc and never experienced a crashed related to .nif files.
I think it had to do with my graphic settings. I changed them to super high and I'm hoping that will solve it. Do you think that the shadow textures will be too high and cause stutter again though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lukenort68

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:05 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
NEW UPDATE
Game is running on 20-30 fps outdoors, and TK Dodge is very slow response. Do you have any idea why my game has so many wierd problems, because it shouldn't be running so badly. I'm just so confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 pm

@lukenort68 wrote:
@RottenDub wrote:
NEW UPDATE
Game is running on 20-30 fps outdoors, and TK Dodge is very slow response. Do you have any idea why my game has so many wierd problems, because it shouldn't be running so badly. I'm just so confused.

Well i think you answered your question in your first post :

Quote :
I have also heard that the mod pack runs badly with notebooks... but I would appreciate any answers that anyone has

PostSubject: Re: FPS won't cap or clamp   Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:02 am

Well I guess it was a good dream... why is it that they don't run well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

FPS won't cap or clamp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!