Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[effects of running on another SSD]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lukenort68
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: [effects of running on another SSD]   Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:14 am

So I've been experiencing extreme FPS and stutter problems, with and without ENB (Aswell as slow tk dodge) and I've done everything to fix it. Rottendub basically said that it could be just the fact that I'm running on a notebook, which is kind of hard to accept. I don't understand why just running on a laptop could ruin my gameplay considering my specs (i7 at 2.5ghz, 6gb vram, 16 gig ram, 2 SSDs)

But could the fact that I'm running on my secondary SSD be a gamechanger?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [effects of running on another SSD]   Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:38 am

@lukenort68 wrote:
So I've been experiencing extreme FPS and stutter problems, with and without ENB (Aswell as slow tk dodge) and I've done everything to fix it. Rottendub basically said that it could be just the fact that I'm running on a notebook, which is kind of hard to accept. I don't understand why just running on a laptop could ruin my gameplay considering my specs (i7 at 2.5ghz, 6gb vram, 16 gig ram, 2 SSDs)

Well i'll try to answer and hope you don't take offense if something is explained over simplistic.
For disclosure and honest purposes i'll first say that i don't like laptops for many reasons (very overpriced for what they offer etc etc) but we are not here to discuss my opinions.I understand that people like the portability and they might need to be mobile etc.

A laptop is basically a smaller PC with miniature PC parts, but that comes at the price of performance , the more faster they are the more the battery drains and parts heat up, hot parts also decrease performance because modern components downclock to extend life of said components.

There are gaming laptops that are almost as heavy as a PC and come close in performance to their bigger brothers but in this case but we are going into 2000$ - 6000$ and up range.

"i7 at 2.5ghz" Pack need to be run with a CPU in the 3.5 - 4.0 GHz because of the increased number of NPC and scripts in some mods.

"6gb vram" If you are running Windows 10 it can't use more than 4GB VRAM with DX9 applications including Skyrim and this pack because somebody at Microsoft or Nvidia decided to give us this "gift" with WIN10

"16 gig ram" frequency of the RAM is also a factor

pack runs a lot of 2k textures and a small number of 4k things even at 1080p. If you look at my last stream for example you can see that my GPU can't handle it to smoothly and i get FPS dips, well my GPU only has 3GB of VRAM.

lukenort68

PostSubject: Re: [effects of running on another SSD]   Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:09 am

@RottenDub wrote:
@lukenort68 wrote:

Well i'll try to answer and hope you don't take offense if something is explained over simplistic.
For disclosure and honest purposes i'll first say that i don't like laptops for many reasons (very overpriced for what they offer etc etc) but we are not here to discuss my opinions.I understand that people like the portability and they might need to be mobile etc.

A laptop is basically a smaller PC with miniature PC parts, but that comes at the price of performance , the more faster they are the more the battery drains and parts heat up, hot parts also decrease performance because modern components downclock to extend life of said components.

There are gaming laptops that are almost as heavy as a PC and come close in performance to their bigger brothers but in this case but we are going into 2000$ - 6000$ and up range.

"i7 at 2.5ghz" Pack need to be run with a CPU in the 3.5 - 4.0 GHz because of the increased number of NPC and scripts in some mods.

"6gb vram" If you are running Windows 10 it can't use more than 4GB VRAM with DX9 applications including Skyrim and this pack because somebody at Microsoft or Nvidia decided to give us this "gift" with WIN10

"16 gig ram" frequency of the RAM is also a factor

pack runs a lot of 2k textures and a small number of 4k things even at 1080p. If you look at my last stream for example you can see that my GPU can't handle it to smoothly and i get FPS dips, well my GPU only has 3GB of VRAM.
I understand now that my CPU is extremely bottle necking the entire system. The game runs entirely the same when running enb and no enb. 
Is there any good way to turn off CPU killing factors? And/or a way to boost my CPU because I was looking into the MSI afterburner and my CPU was only running at 70%. 

I might just have to accept that I can't run the pack, and in that case thanks for all your help and for making the sickest gaming experience I could dream of, really loved what I got to play of it, but I'm tired of running such low FPS and stuttering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [effects of running on another SSD]   Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 am

Wish i had found this video 30 minutes ago but it's kind of the same thing i said/had in mind

lukenort68

PostSubject: Re: [effects of running on another SSD]   Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:32 am

@RottenDub wrote:

Wish i had found this video 30 minutes ago but it's kind of the same thing i said/had in mind
Yep I understand now thanks. Even using 4 gigs of Vram it can't seem to handle ENB without dropping to 30 fps in the wild! 

I would continue to play but I am just starting to get these crash on saves again which I had last game play which forced me to restart. I would continue to play if you knew the answer, but no one does.

Anyways thanks for all the help, and I'll keep a watch out for if you ever make a performance version!

Still kind of confused though because I do run on a 2000$ MSI gaming laptop! Should've just gotten a desktop!
Cheers
Luke
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [effects of running on another SSD]   

Back to top Go down

[effects of running on another SSD]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-