Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cannot start SKSE through MO. The directory path is wrong but it keeps resetting?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sengthavy
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Cannot start SKSE through MO. The directory path is wrong but it keeps resetting?   Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 am

Hello,

Whenever I try to launch SKSE through the Mod Organizer, an error pops up, saying: "failed to spawn "skse_loader.exe": failed to start process (The directory name is invalid. [267])

I tried to check in the ModOrganizer.ini and yes, one of the paths was wrong. It says : "8\binary=E:/Steam library/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/team libraryteamAppsommonkyrim/skse_loader.exe"

However, whenever I correct it and try to launch SKSE again, it keeps resetting to that, giving me the same error message. 

I tried to google this issue but didn't find any solution, can anyone help me?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cannot start SKSE through MO. The directory path is wrong but it keeps resetting?   Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi try installing the pack the recommended way!

•Normal non-steam installation is recommended for maximum compatibility, no problems / no user error
•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk

skippy333
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Cannot start SKSE through MO. The directory path is wrong but it keeps resetting?   Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm

I am having the same issue as this.

EDIT: If I had read the first post properly I wouldn't of tried what I tried (which didnt work). Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't really want to buy a legendary CD from amazon for £10 when I already own the game.

I believe I have followed the Steam installer instructions and have reread/retried them a couple times now to make sure it wasn't just me being an idiot.

EDIT 2 I got it sorted by copying my steam files to the X:Drive and then using a nocd patch 
Credit: "http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t617-skyrim-special-edition-install"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot start SKSE through MO. The directory path is wrong but it keeps resetting?   

Back to top Go down

Cannot start SKSE through MO. The directory path is wrong but it keeps resetting?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!