Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Questions to laptop users - Thanks Rotten

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seven
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Questions to laptop users - Thanks Rotten   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been aware for a long time of the existence of SPM but never had the config to run it.

I just bought a gaming laptop (i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070, 16GB ram, 2.6GHz , SSD 256, etc) because my last laptop broke and I want to play Skyrim again and remembered about SPM.

I know a laptop is not ideal to run it and it's much better to use a desktop but I can move a lot and it's not practical for me to own a desktop.

I was just wondering what to expect when playing SPM with that kind of laptop, and if the FPS are low, what to do to gain FPS (Maybe reduce the numbers of npcs in towns and in the world in general ?).

Waiting for your feedback everyone, sorry if it's been asked before ! 

And thanks Rotten, your work looks amazing and I'm looking forward for your SPM 5 (if I can run it!)

Have a great day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeeNguyen
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Questions to laptop users - Thanks Rotten   Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

I have a GTX 1060 6GB VRAM laptop and it can run at 50fps everywhere (except towns). However as a laptop expect stuttering as i suffered from that alot (tried config enblocal and FPS clamp, no help)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seven
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Questions to laptop users - Thanks Rotten   Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Hey thanks Jee !

Trying to make it work right now but having trouble with the step 4 (steam installation) where I need to change things in the modorganizer.ini 

There's a lot of X:\\ and X:/ in the folder and I don't really know what to replace, can someone help ? Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions to laptop users - Thanks Rotten   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 pm

@Seven wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've been aware for a long time of the existence of SPM but never had the config to run it.

I just bought a gaming laptop (i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070, 16GB ram, 2.6GHz , SSD 256, etc) because my last laptop broke and I want to play Skyrim again and remembered about SPM.

I know a laptop is not ideal to run it and it's much better to use a desktop but I can move a lot and it's not practical for me to own a desktop.

I was just wondering what to expect when playing SPM with that kind of laptop, and if the FPS are low, what to do to gain FPS (Maybe reduce the numbers of npcs in towns and in the world in general ?).

Waiting for your feedback everyone, sorry if it's been asked before ! 

And thanks Rotten, your work looks amazing and I'm looking forward for your SPM 5 (if I can run it!)

Have a great day

Hello @Seven there are quite a number of guides floating around take your pick :

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/f4-pack-guides

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html

@Seven wrote:
Hey thanks Jee !

Trying to make it work right now but having trouble with the step 4 (steam installation) where I need to change things in the modorganizer.ini 

There's a lot of X:\\ and X:/ in the folder and I don't really know what to replace, can someone help ? Thanks

This might seem robotic but the warning are in place for a reason.

After you have downloaded the Modpack (see forums) please follow the instructions below. To simplicity's sake, these instructions were created under the impression that Skyrim was installed on the X drive (X:\Skyrim). This allows you to just extract the modpack rather than reconfigure your ini's.
•Normal non-steam installation is recommended for maximum compatibility, no problems / no user error

•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk

Questions to laptop users - Thanks Rotten
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!