Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!
 
HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
slider9669
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
avatar

Posts : 46
Points : 469
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.   Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 am

Just curious is there any special tweaks needed if running a sli setup? I googled and came across some stuff but nothing like concrete on the info bout sli with skyrim to rly increase performance. I recently purchased another 1070 hybrid since got a deal on it but not rly seeing a improvement like i thought. It seems like there is some but not nearly what i thought there would be in game.

So just wondering anyone got any info on running this with sli and what might be needed done to tweak performance as i came across some ppl saying certain ENB's would hurt performance and that AA would need to be turned off if using SLI in the enb but i didnt see no AA settings in game with the Shift+Enter menu.

Not a biggy rly was just wondering bout this, still way playable so im happy just wanted to see if anyone knew anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1668
Points : 3092
Reputation : 344
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 am

@slider9669 wrote:
Just curious is there any special tweaks needed if running a sli setup? I googled and came across some stuff but nothing like concrete on the info bout sli with skyrim to rly increase performance. I recently purchased another 1070 hybrid since got a deal on it but not rly seeing a improvement like i thought. It seems like there is some but not nearly what i thought there would be in game.

So just wondering anyone got any info on running this with sli and what might be needed done to tweak performance as i came across some ppl saying certain ENB's would hurt performance and that AA would need to be turned off if using SLI in the enb but i didnt see no AA settings in game with the Shift+Enter menu.

Not a biggy rly was just wondering bout this, still way playable so im happy just wanted to see if anyone knew anything.

Skyrim and sli don't get along, a simple google search will confirm this https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2sjxh8/skyrim_sli_gpu_utilization/

Damn i've been wanting a 10xx for a year now...but good for you...cries in the corner.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
slider9669
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
avatar

Posts : 46
Points : 469
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:09 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
@slider9669 wrote:
Just curious is there any special tweaks needed if running a sli setup? I googled and came across some stuff but nothing like concrete on the info bout sli with skyrim to rly increase performance. I recently purchased another 1070 hybrid since got a deal on it but not rly seeing a improvement like i thought. It seems like there is some but not nearly what i thought there would be in game.

So just wondering anyone got any info on running this with sli and what might be needed done to tweak performance as i came across some ppl saying certain ENB's would hurt performance and that AA would need to be turned off if using SLI in the enb but i didnt see no AA settings in game with the Shift+Enter menu.

Not a biggy rly was just wondering bout this, still way playable so im happy just wanted to see if anyone knew anything.

Skyrim and sli don't get along, a simple google search will confirm this https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2sjxh8/skyrim_sli_gpu_utilization/

Damn i've been wanting a 10xx for a year now...but good for you...cries in the corner.


Ya i figured why i wasnt holding breath but in some areas of game it seems to make a difference just not as much as i hoped for so all is good :p

And ya i honestly didnt plan on going sli i just happen to get lucky and got a brand new one pretty cheap but then i realized i couldnt even use it with my current PSU lol, so had to go buy one from Frys and re hook up all my stuff which was a pain. 

And i thought u got a 10xx card already? Swore i saw a post of u saying u got one or something before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RottenDub
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1668
Points : 3092
Reputation : 344
Join date : 2015-08-06
Age : 30
Location : Where bad dreams begin

PostSubject: Re: Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.   Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Well i said i was going to get one soon ...sadly for me that didn't go through as i expected so i`m still using the trusty 780 and i don't think she can take much longer as she started to spike to 94C for odd reasons because it's clean AF.SLI is hit and miss sometimes depending on games,hopefully DX12 will keep the promise to use any cards in your systems as one.

Sorry for the odd composition of the post i'm tired AF but hopefully you get the gist of it.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
slider9669
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands
avatar

Posts : 46
Points : 469
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 35
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.   Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
Well i said i was going to get one soon ...sadly for me that didn't go through as i expected so i`m still using the trusty 780 and i don't think she can take much longer as she started to spike to 94C for odd reasons because it's clean AF.SLI is hit and miss sometimes depending on games,hopefully DX12 will keep the promise to use any cards in your systems as one.

Sorry for the odd composition of the post i'm tired AF but hopefully you get the gist of it.


Nah ur good man dont worry. And ya i didnt know u didnt end up getting one :/ wish i was on forums past few months as i sold my 980 classy pretty cheap but would of gladly donated it to the cause as 94C def a butt clencher. My friend is upgrading his gpu soon as he has a 780 and he might honestly just give it to me, if so i can send u that one even though its not technically a better card but least some sli if u want but no promises on when that will happen. 

And ya i hope DX12 improves cause i swore i remember reading bout dx12 combining vram or something in future so it actually stacks vram in gpus instead of being limited by what one card has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
Sli Configuration for this pack and future pack.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!