Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Crashing and constant quicksaving

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
reshki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Tue May 02, 2017 10:11 pm

So I've only added a very small bit of my own mods that I like that are low impact mods that don't actually overwrite anything. I've irresponsibly dumped in immersive college of winterhold because I loooove that mod and something is deff conflicting there because faralda is always taking off her clothes butt ass naked XD as well as the illusion guy, i forget his name. Other than those issues though it seems okay so far but I wouldn't be surprised if its caused a crash or two while doing mages guild quests.

BUT I crash out of nowhere sometimes! and pretty often and there is no loss in frame rate. I have 40 - 60 frame large scale fights where the game just disappears during or after a fight. Memory usage doesn't seem to go over 50% and cpu doesn't go crazy either. This is leading to hitting F5 constaaaantly and crawling through the game launching it over and over. Fight something? F5. Loot two chests? F5. Walk 25 feet? F5. I can't trust my game at aaall haha

So gameplay wise it gets Janky out of nowhere sometimes. I've lowered the enb setting to lowest without removing bloom, water, or detailed shadows. THAT gave me frames but I still get this random dropping to 1 frame per second stuff out of nowhere. I literally take my hands off the keyboard and mouse and wait for the fit to end and it usually runs like that for 5 to 8 seconds then poof back to 30 - 60 frames. I don't know what causes these lag fits. Sometimes the game will run normally and stay around 40 - 60 frames BUT have large large spike when I look around as if my mouse movement is causing spikes. NOT frame rate dropping I mean actual freeze frame while I turn. Any insight would be amaziiiing :D great modpack! And it was super stable crashwise anyway until around level 16 or so?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Wed May 03, 2017 12:30 am

Hello! You need a hefty CPU to play the pack and GPU also and it's related to two things , when going to a area like whiterun for example all NPC's calculate their paths and with the increased number of them you CPU needs to take a breather while they do their things, also if you experience some micro stutter in cities like whiterun it's your GPU.

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 am

@RottenDub wrote:
Hello! You need a hefty CPU to play the pack and GPU also and it's related to two things , when going to a area like whiterun for example all NPC's calculate their paths and with the increased number of them you CPU needs to take a breather while they do their things, also if you experience some micro stutter in cities like whiterun it's your GPU.
The other day I saw the way your game was running in one of the setup videos and it made me want to cry haha. So A new cpu and graphics card could go a long way is what you're sayin? Thanks for the quick response, I like how this site emails you when you have a response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reshki
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 am

I currently have an AMD Radeon R9 200 series graphics card and a AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Are ya telling me its not enough man!?  
shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Wed May 03, 2017 1:03 am

@reshki wrote:
I currently have an AMD Radeon R9 200 series graphics card and a AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

A good thing to keep in mind is that engine is 6 years old and it has 1000+ mods on top.
Well you hardware is very nice ...sadly ENB doesn't really play very nice with AMD and a few other things (mainly it wants NVIDIA ☺ )

here's a few thing that might help ya out :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html or http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t211-amd-performance-guide

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 am

@RottenDub wrote:
@reshki wrote:

A good thing to keep in mind is that engine is 6 years old and it has 1000+ mods on top.
Well you hardware is very nice ...sadly ENB doesn't really play very nice with AMD and a few other things (mainly it wants NVIDIA ☺ )

here's a few thing that might help ya out :

http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/perfomance-guides.html or http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t211-amd-performance-guide
ohhh nice, will mess with. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slider9669
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: Crashing and constant quicksaving   Thu May 04, 2017 10:06 am

One thing i did myself that fixed some hella stutter for me was the allcolate memory thing where i think default is 128 or something, i put mine on the max and stutter was pretty much resolved, and just recently upgraded to a SSD just for skyrim and def a improvment but what rly sealed the deal and this is just for my own doing is i reinstalled windows 7 along side 10 ( dual boot config ) cause i had no idea about the 4gb limit on dx9 games. So out of curiosity i reinstalled 7 and loaded up skyrim and my gawd...game was stupid smooth. Im sure alot of ppl dont wanna hassle with that but way i got it setup its pretty easy and all my files still linked so even if i switch to win 10 i can still continue right off where i left on win 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Crashing and constant quicksaving
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!