Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walkerz
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Sun May 14, 2017 5:39 pm

While waiting in anticipation for 5.0 I came across this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82846/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D82846%26preview%3D&pUp=1

It's a complete pack so it says, recently released.
Anyone tried it and knows how it compares to perfectly modded?

I'm mostly interested in immersion, visuals, so not the biggest fan of the perma death and the graphics of this pack don't really look like they compare to SPM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dostunuz
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm

How a complete pack is 40 mb?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLotus
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm

As far as I can tell, Ultimate Skyrim looks to be a glorified modlist if I'm completely honest. The fact I have to manually install every single mod is a fucking massive turnoff.

Edit: If there is one thing I like about Ultimate Skyrim, it's that it seems to have a far more cohesive direction with its gameplay than PM Skyrim does. There's a far heavier focus on only including realistic gameplay and immersion mechanics, in comparison to PM Skyrim which basically includes every mod from Arcadey to Realistic. Every mod does seem to build up to that Rogue-Like style of gameplay that Ultimate Skyrim is centered upon. I'm heavily reminded of the now outdated The Journey Modpack from that Russian forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dostunuz
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Sun May 14, 2017 9:48 pm

So, that mod is about gameplay-immersion then. Which PM lack of atm.

Wonder what has changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Mon May 15, 2017 12:44 am

dostunuz wrote:
So, that mod is about gameplay-immersion then. Which PM lack of atm.

Wonder what has changed.

You can try reading any news from the past 3 months or check the mod list

tolstyy
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Mon May 15, 2017 3:22 am

A small size pack with a long step by step instruction...no, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 am

It was sounding pretty great until it got to it's permadeath thing, just like that Russian pack.  Hardcore challenges are fun sometimes, yeah, but a lot of us who bother building a character exactly the way we want them do it because we want to RP as them for a considerable amount of time.  It's probably more customizable than the trailer is letting on though, and I'll try it out anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:56 am

I've tried it now.  It's pretty cool and a very impressive mod setup, but hard to add to without screwing up.  Basically though it's Requiem, I'm really impressed with Requiem but I don't like every way that it works in.  Having to chug beef stews before entering combat to be able to move around at all doesn't make me feel immersed.  Still the world looks beautiful with this setup, and if anyone wants to use Requiem then I think this is the best and only mod pack for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dostunuz
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:39 pm

I wanna try it but dunno if it's hard to setup the mod properly. I mean SPM 4.4 is pretty easy for such a huge pack. What about Ultimate?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:19 pm

It depends on who you ask, I thought it was pretty easy but I'm pretty good with computers and following directions.  The install guide is just like the S.T.E.P. install guide, it helped me that I've already gone through that one a few times.  I'd recommend not straying from the instructions or recommendations in the slightest your first time, a lot of the pack maker's reasoning for their decisions are left out so it's tempting to try to think for ourselves and go "he doesn't mention it, but I know I'm going to need this patch later so I'll include it now," but every little thing like that he doesn't ask you to install is included in his own patches later on.
It's Requiem though, you may want to see if you like Requiem at all before installing that whole pack based on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Thoughts on ultimate skyrim?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!