Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Improving Performance? (Lower FPS around cities and areas of high vegetation)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anpao67
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Improving Performance? (Lower FPS around cities and areas of high vegetation)   Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:10 pm

I am wondering if there are any tweaking guides that can hopefully improving my fps a bit. Right now I'm run at 60+ pretty much everywhere except when I'm near a city or surrounded by a ton of trees. Right now I am running the game at 1440p and my graphics card is a 1080ti. I know some people will recommend dropping down back to 1080p, however I have tried this and the problem remains the same and may even be worse. I noticed when I play at 1080p my graphics cards only runs at about 50% usage.

Also, I have another side question, I have a 144hrz monitor but I do turn it down to 60hrz when I play the game. This is because the installation instructions say to force vsync on for TESV.exe. I have done this, but when I play the game I still see frames jump above 60fps all the time. I will get 100+fps indoors easily even though I have vsync on and my monitor set to 60hrz. Anyone else seeing this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Improving Performance? (Lower FPS around cities and areas of high vegetation)   Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm

@anpao67 wrote:
I am wondering if there are any tweaking guides that can hopefully improving my fps a bit. Right now I'm run at 60+ pretty much everywhere except when I'm near a city or surrounded by a ton of trees. Right now I am running the game at 1440p and my graphics card is a 1080ti. I know some people will recommend dropping down back to 1080p, however I have tried this and the problem remains the same and may even be worse. I noticed when I play at 1080p my graphics cards only runs at about 50% usage.

Also, I have another side question, I have a 144hrz monitor but I do turn it down to 60hrz when I play the game. This is because the installation instructions say to force vsync on for TESV.exe. I have done this, but when I play the game I still see frames jump above 60fps all the time. I will get 100+fps indoors easily even though I have vsync on and my monitor set to 60hrz. Anyone else seeing this?

Other than performance guide not much there are sections here on the forums and website also.

To smooth / cap FPS use RivaTunerStatistics server (comes with MSI afterburner) set FPS cap to 59. As a sideline result you will also improve frame-time.

PostSubject: Re: Improving Performance? (Lower FPS around cities and areas of high vegetation)   Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 am

@RottenDub wrote:
Other than performance guide not much there are sections here on the forums and website also.
To smooth / cap FPS use RivaTunerStatistics server (comes with MSI afterburner) set FPS cap to 59. As a sideline result you will also improve frame-time.

Thanks! Where is the performance guide? I cant seem to find it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anpao67

PostSubject: Re: Improving Performance? (Lower FPS around cities and areas of high vegetation)   Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 am

I think I have narrowed the problem down to the actors. I was walking through the wilderness when all of a sudden an army spawned and a lot of other random travelers. This caused frames to spike big time. Any way to adjust actors that will spawn?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anpao67

PostSubject: Found my answer   Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I found my answer on how to adjust npc spawns in this thread: http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t557-poor-fps-for-decent-pc
I did some more monitoring of cpu usage while running the game and noticed that during times of lower frame rates some of the cores were almost at 100% usage. However, GPU usage remains at only 40-60%.
I will experiment with modifying my mod settings to see if I can find something stable. Just for reference here are my specs:
CPU: i5 4690k oc'd 4.4 ghz
GPU: 1080 ti oc'd 2.1 ghz aio water cooling
RAM: 12gb DDR3 1600
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Improving Performance? (Lower FPS around cities and areas of high vegetation)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!