Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mod organizer Installing Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WisestOne
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Mod organizer Installing Problems   Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Hello, I have been trying to get this modpack to work for about a week now. I actually had to reinstall windows due to having so much trouble. Right now I am having trouble getting mod organizer to start. When I try to start mod organizer it says " MSVCR100.dll is missing(this is actually a new problem since reinstalling windows.) The main problem I was having is it saying "No game identified in..." I changed the stuff in the mod organizer file, but to no avail. 

1. I have a steam installation.
2. I know my hard drive is named X: but I am not doing a regular X:\Skyrim install.
3. Below I included a screenshot of my mod organizer so that maybe you can look and figure out what is wrong.
4. In my skyrim special edition folder, I have another skyrim folder. What should my original skyrim folder/modded skyrim folder be named, cause they both cant be named skyrim. Right now my original file is named "Skyrim1" and the modded one is named "Skyrim" any help would seriously help. Thank you!

http://i.imgur.com/StAnFxQ.png

WisestOne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mod organizer Installing Problems   Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Hello! This is going to sound a little harsh but it really isn't... (or might be)

Why the fu*k would you try to cram 1400+ mods in a Skyrim that's 64 bit, has no MO support or SKSE support?

I know i might be ignorant with this but so are you if at this point you don't know what the modpack is for...

I have said this a lot of times and even the installation says 

"•Normal non-steam installation is recommended for maximum compatibility, no problems / no user error
•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk"

There are plenty of reasons why a basic install is in place which some people make rocket science when it isn't.
1.Install/move Skryim in the recommended letter/path
1.a.Copy a no cd if needed.
2.Extract pack!
3.Play.

So this will be my rant. Steam install is fucking difficult for some people.
-Why do people try to complicate a simple thing that it's created for their convenience? 

**I will not support or try to help your steam install gone wrong**  - not to you or any user trying this, i've been trying to lend a hand in far to many topics that could be avoided by a simple search. It's easy... YOU as the user don't take the time to look into it, ME as support "team" won't take time to look into it.Please do not direct steam install problems towards me.

I am and at the same time i am not sorry about this because i'm honestly tired of the same fucking question or "problem" over and over again.

Install your pack as the manual says.END OF STORY!

New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Mod organizer Installing Problems   Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
Hello! This is going to sound a little harsh but it really isn't... (or might be)

Why the fu*k would you try to cram 1400+ mods in a Skyrim that's 64 bit, has no MO support or SKSE support?

I know i might be ignorant with this but so are you if at this point you don't know what the modpack is for...

I have said this a lot of times and even the installation says 

"•Normal non-steam installation is recommended for maximum compatibility, no problems / no user error
•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk"

There are plenty of reasons why a basic install is in place which some people make rocket science when it isn't.
1.Install/move Skryim in the recommended letter/path
1.a.Copy a no cd if needed.
2.Extract pack!
3.Play.

So this will be my rant. Steam install is fucking difficult for some people.
-Why do people try to complicate a simple thing that it's created for their convenience? 

**I will not support or try to help your steam install gone wrong**  - not to you or any user trying this, i've been trying to lend a hand in far to many topics that could be avoided by a simple search. It's easy... YOU as the user don't take the time to look into it, ME as support "team" won't take time to look into it.Please do not direct steam install problems towards me.

Well to start off, this is my first time playing skyrim on pc, let alone modded. I had no idea about Skyrim SE not supporting MO or SKSE. I got an error and decided to ask here what was going on. Since I was not doing the Simple "Non steam" installation I figured I could get it solved here. I looked it up after your message and found out about MO and SKSE not being supported by Skyrim SE.

Lol, ironically I don't know what you mean by this. I figured the modpack is for getting a great variety of mods with ease?

"​•Normal non-steam installation is recommended for maximum compatibility, no problems / no user error
•Steam install is untested, install at your own risk"
Well yea I get that. However the guide shows how to do a steam installation which means it is possible correct? I understand it is more difficult, but I was willing to deal with the extra bits to get it running, though ofc now I know it is impossible to get it running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mod organizer Installing Problems   Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Well i was salty AF before so i'll try to explain in a normal way this time.

Quote :
Well to start off, this is my first time playing skyrim on pc, let alone modded. I had no idea about Skyrim SE not supporting MO or SKSE. I got an error and decided to ask here what was going on. Since I was not doing the Simple "Non steam" installation I figured I could get it solved here. I looked it up after your message and found out about MO and SKSE not being supported by Skyrim SE.
If you did a little search you would see that MO and SKSE don't support 64bits applications/games
Skyrim Legendary Edition = 32 bit Skyrim with all it's DLC's. Skyrim Special Edtion = Skyrim 64 bit thus not supported with this pack.

Quote :
"Lol, ironically I don't know what you mean by this. I figured the modpack is for getting a great variety of mods with ease?"

Well the pack is just that but it requires a little reading and basic information about how the pack works.
ATM people found 3 more ways to make the pack work other that what is recommended (normal non steam) but that doesn't mean anyone could do it.It's harder than others.
The pack was meant to be install to X:\Skyrim for user convenience even if doesn't look that way at first.

Sorry for the salt but after you answer the same thing a dozen times it gets to you.

Cheers!

Mod organizer Installing Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!