Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What part of SPM uses NPC textures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lin4t
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: What part of SPM uses NPC textures?   Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:33 am

So a few days ago I asked whether installing a new skin texture and the Bijin Mod would affect my game (no replies there...). The good news is that the former works perfectly and the skins now look less like vanilla Skyrim which is always a positive. The bad news, Bijin mod isn't working, at all (Despite not overriding anything since its a standalone mod).

This resulted in the affected NPC skins completely disappearing and even their heads with only their mouths remaining...which from my understanding is when two NPC textures are conflicting over each other and kills off the appearance completely.

So my question mostly how I make the Bijin mod compatible with SPM (If that is possible)?

I know that it's most likely a conflict with something already existing but I really don't know where and how the NPC textures in SPM are located as well as how they exactly work. Also note that the Bijin AIO esm is at the bottom of the mod order.

Should I just play without it? Or should I try to beg for SPM 5.0 to have optional better textures for certain NPCs? (Lydia and Serana's hairs look horrible in Vanilla btw)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What part of SPM uses NPC textures?   Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:59 pm

@lin4t wrote:
So a few days ago I asked whether installing a new skin texture and the Bijin Mod would affect my game (no replies there...). The good news is that the former works perfectly and the skins now look less like vanilla Skyrim which is always a positive. The bad news, Bijin mod isn't working, at all (Despite not overriding anything since its a standalone mod).

This resulted in the affected NPC skins completely disappearing and even their heads with only their mouths remaining...which from my understanding is when two NPC textures are conflicting over each other and kills off the appearance completely.

So my question mostly how I make the Bijin mod compatible with SPM (If that is possible)?

I know that it's most likely a conflict with something already existing but I really don't know where and how the NPC textures in SPM are located as well as how they exactly work. Also note that the Bijin AIO esm is at the bottom of the mod order.

Should I just play without it? Or should I try to beg for SPM 5.0 to have optional better textures for certain NPCs? (Lydia and Serana's hairs look horrible in Vanilla btw)

Hello!

Pack uses custom 2-4k textures (male and female) from an author that wishes to remain unnamed, he is a personal friend of mine and his textures are a lil bit unique, you can certainly find similar work on nexus but not quite what's in the 4.4 pack. Same will go for V5.

There's little bits of unique stuff like this sprinkled on my modpacks (Skyrim and others) starting from the first one,they are small to some and that's the intention really.

I personally struggled with getting everything together, specially with body and body tex, resulting in about 3 weeks  minimum of frustration, gray faces and more.

Didn't manage to get armor meshes to match 100% with the used body but i tried to get close to it.To sum it up i worked quite a bit to make sure everything in the pack matches.To the limit of my abilities.

The meshes i used for 4.4 are customized quite a bit also (nothing special).

To sum it up, You can use any texture replacers you like just untick these 2 tex

I would advice to leave the meshes alone.
This applies ONLY to player textures.

For NPC's i use a bunch of mods /makeup that slips my mind ATM.
(As a footnote i understand some people like the aesthetic this is going for and some do not,it's fine you can never please everyone)

BJIN and this pack don't really work togheter. Installing any of the wenches features creates a 13 FPS deadzone when you leave a tavern (game goes to 13 FPS and remains there until you quit the game)

Might be a hell of a mod but i haven't check anything about it since this happen  nor do i haven any intention to integrate it.

What part of SPM uses NPC textures?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!