Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

NPC's lips problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crevis
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: NPC's lips problem   Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:54 am

I have noticed that when NPC's talk to you their lips do not move most of the time unless the NPC is clicked on and then it seems to wake them up and their lips work normally. I thought it may be a script bloat issue but checking the script latency with the convenient horses latency tester showed good 30-40ms figures. Checking google, there seems to be lots of advice... (using skytest and realistic animals together was suggested as the cause) but I wanted your opinion to see if you have noticed this.

System is i7,4.6ghz - 980Ti - 16gb ram
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NPC's lips problem   Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Crevis wrote:
I have noticed that when NPC's talk to you their lips do not move most of the time unless the NPC is clicked on and then it seems to wake them up and their lips work normally. I thought it may be a script bloat issue but checking the script latency with the convenient horses latency tester showed good 30-40ms figures. Checking google, there seems to be lots of advice... (using skytest and realistic animals together was suggested as the cause) but I wanted your opinion to see if you have noticed this.

System is i7,4.6ghz - 980Ti - 16gb ram

Hello yes i noticed. My own theory besides script bloat (30-40ms which seems acceptable to me I've tested this many times) 
is because i upped the number of NPC that can act (move/fight/etc) from 10 fight/20move to 80 fight/80 move and the engine cannot keep up(32bit).Might be another thing but it's nothing that i can figure out or it's beyond my capabilities ATM.

If you initiate a normal conversation with he said NPC it seems to go back on track and everything going ok, but it's off if it's idle chat.

Guess it's one trade-off you got to make when you run 1000+ mods on a 6 years game?

EDIT 1 : You can create a new bashed patched and control these numbers to something like 20/20 or 40/40 but i feel that it's good trade-off for a more "simulation" experience even if it takes you out of it for a lil bit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Crevis
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: NPC's lips problem   Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 am

Found this post talking about the issue, seems like it may be a default bug.
link

I have noticed that sometimes a npc will not get detected with a mouse over, stopping you from interacting with them. Seems to happen after a werewolf attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

NPC's lips problem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!