Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Newbish Question....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedMachine72
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Newbish Question....   Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:13 am

I have had Skyrim since it first came out and I purchased all the DLC's thru Steam. I was wondering how I can utilize a copy of the Legendary Edition without steam when it requires steam for installation? Do I have to get a different .exe or can the install or launch parameters be changed to not require steam? I really want to use this system and I want to have it completely stable, but I only have the steam version which is untested. If I have to get a copy of the Legendary Edition I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 am

@RedMachine72 wrote:
I have had Skyrim since it first came out and I purchased all the DLC's thru Steam. I was wondering how I can utilize a copy of the Legendary Edition without steam when it requires steam for installation? Do I have to get a different .exe or can the install or launch parameters be changed to not require steam? I really want to use this system and I want to have it completely stable, but I only have the steam version which is untested. If I have to get a copy of the Legendary Edition I will.

You just need to get a no-cd patch. (eg game copy world)

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:29 am

@RottenDub wrote:
@RedMachine72 wrote:

You just need to get a no-cd patch. (eg game copy world)
Patch worked, game bypasses steam no problem. Now the pack, with 7zip, will not unzip into the folder without a LOT of broken file errors.....42,964 of them. I downloaded the torrent as I have only a free Mega account. Tried 3 times now. Advice....

update: Found a clue maybe.....all have to do with a folder MO MODS. Mod Organizer made a folder that just has "mods" as the name, is this where it is all supposed to go and the they are broken on extraction as it is the wrong folder. Not sure how that works.

Last edited by RedMachine72 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 am

Well make sure you have enough space on your download location (26GB) and that it finished downloading correctly.

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:46 am

@RottenDub wrote:
Well make sure you have enough space on your download location (26GB) and that it finished downloading correctly.
1.14 TB after download. Will try and get it again and try once more....another day gone as I have only a 10Mb Download DSL where I live and that is the highest....no competitors in the country. Here's hoping Wha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:21 am

Mega download could be harder with a free account.The torrent version should be easier to get and you can verify files after download

Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:41 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
Mega download could be harder with a free account.The torrent version should be easier to get and you can verify files after download
Ok, Downloaded, checked the Dl and eveything was good. Ran 7zip Test Archive and all was good. I pointed 7zip to the location of the main Skyrim folder otherwise X:\Skyrim and......it installed inside the secondary Skyrim folder that is in the main folder that has just the SkyrimPref.ini..... Wha
Do I have to get rid of the folder holding the SkyrimPref.ini then install again? Mod Organizer shows nothing installed except the game and DLC's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedMachine72
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Tried going thru 7zip to 7zip to bypass the whole explorer issue. Looked like everything was installed, but no, everything is in the MO MODS folder and not installed into the Data folder like it needs to be. Tried the step by step, tried following what was being done on the video, and it still will not install correctly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedMachine72
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:48 pm

@RedMachine72 wrote:
Tried going thru 7zip to 7zip to bypass the whole explorer issue. Looked like everything was installed, but no, everything is in the MO MODS folder and not installed into the Data folder like it needs to be. Tried the step by step, tried following what was being done on the video, and it still will not install correctly.
Think I got it, the line in the instructions on starting MO and checking the files, the line about "*ModOrganizer.exe is found in X:\Skyrim don't install in C:\ as some users have!" is kind of confusing. Thought I had to install MO before hand, it does not need to be installed at all as it is in the mod pack.
Big smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbish Question....   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:17 am

Maybe there is some confusion here.

1.Install Skyrim to X:\
2.Extract Pack to X:\ (overwriting any files if needed)
3.Start ModOrganizer.exe
4.Run SKSE to play the pack.

That's all you need to to my man.

(that line you mentioned was for some people that installed Mod Organizer without the need to do so since it's in the pack)

Newbish Question....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!