Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

installing the modpack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
m0nk3n
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 am

downloaded the torrent of the 4.4 modpack. how do i install it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsanityAsh
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 am

Just extract the contents into your Skyrim directory. Go through the tutorial on the main page for a detailed explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m0nk3n
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:28 am

does it need to be in a folder in the skyrim directory or just pasted along every other files including exe of skyrim?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m0nk3n
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:44 am

btw do i have to rename all places in the ini file with the skyrim path?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsanityAsh
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 am

http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t125-installation-guide-tutorials  This should tell you everything you need to know. Paste the contents of the 7z file into your Skyrim directory using 7zip (using WinRAR will create complications)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varel015
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello,

Can't seem to install it, no matter what i do. 
In my case it's probably a problem of install path, but the tutorial is way too unclear to me.

I own the Steam version, so i'm following the 2nd part of the tutorial starting from step 1 Steam users.

Then :
"Step 2: Copy/extract the contents of the pack to your Skyrim location (Example: (YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"
OK np so i extract all the files in my skyrim directory which is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Then :
"*ModOrganizer.exe is found in X:\Skyrim don't install in C:\ as some users have!"

Wait wut?
You ask us to install in game directory, so the mod manager is in the game directory. Why we find any mod manager file in any X: files? Does that mean there are certain files from the skyrim perfectly moded pack that should be install elsewhere?

So since it did not make any sense at all, i start mixing steps from both tutorial for steam and non steam users. I created an X drive where i copy a mod manager file from your tools in the big pack you provided.
Of course, it's not working in the end, and the mod manager doesn't recognize mods.

At this point it's becoming too much of a headache, i will start another full install and just give up, since it's so time consuming when not getting installed as planned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsanityAsh
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 pm

@Varel015 wrote:
Hello,

Can't seem to install it, no matter what i do. 
In my case it's probably a problem of install path, but the tutorial is way too unclear to me.

I own the Steam version, so i'm following the 2nd part of the tutorial starting from step 1 Steam users.

Then :
"Step 2: Copy/extract the contents of the pack to your Skyrim location (Example: (YOUR INSTALL DRIVE LOCATION)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim)"
OK np so i extract all the files in my skyrim directory which is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Then :
"*ModOrganizer.exe is found in X:\Skyrim don't install in C:\ as some users have!"

Wait wut?
You ask us to install in game directory, so the mod manager is in the game directory. Why we find any mod manager file in any X: files? Does that mean there are certain files from the skyrim perfectly moded pack that should be install elsewhere?

So since it did not make any sense at all, i start mixing steps from both tutorial for steam and non steam users. I created an X drive where i copy a mod manager file from your tools in the big pack you provided.
Of course, it's not working in the end, and the mod manager doesn't recognize mods.

At this point it's becoming too much of a headache, i will start another full install and just give up, since it's so time consuming when not getting installed as planned.
http://perfectlymodded.forumgratuit.ro/t583-alternative-steam-install-method?highlight=steam Follow this alternate method for the Steam version, using a symbolic link is much better for Steam users.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m0nk3n
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:13 pm

and after i done all that? then what i do?

do i open X: and go into skyrim shortcut folder and open mod organizer, or do i open tesv?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsanityAsh
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:08 am

@m0nk3n wrote:
and after i done all that? then what i do?

do i open X: and go into skyrim shortcut folder and open mod organizer, or do i open tesv?
Then open mod organiser and start the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
m0nk3n
Rookie poster
Rookie poster

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:55 am

it wont start. although i have 260 mods in left pane and 159 in the right pane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: installing the modpack   

Back to top Go down

installing the modpack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!