Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fixed - CTD when starting Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neb380
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Fixed - CTD when starting Skyrim   Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:01 pm

I've followed the standard Legendary install instructions.  I install Skyrim Legendary onto my X drive.  I am able to start Skyrim at that point (just to verify the install).  After extracting (using 7zip) 4.4, and running skse from MO, it gets the little command prompt in the upper left corner, then I get the error box saying Skyrim has stopped working.  I then try and just run Skyrim from the base program (to see if it will at least load the base game), and it crashes.  

So something that is getting added from Perfectly Modded is causing it.  I have adjusted the graphics settings prior to installing the base game.  

Intel i5-4440 (bit weak, I know)
GTX 980ti
1TB EVO SSD (100GB for the X partition)

Thanks for any advice or assistance.

EDIT:  Just did a clean install.  I copied all the "loose" files (all the ones not in a folder) from 4.4 plus the enbseries folder to my clean install, then tried to run TESV.exe, and it crashes.  So not sure if that helps or not.  Thanks again!

EDIT2:  After some testing, it looks like it is the d3d9.dll that is causing it to not be able to load, which led me to my evga PrecisionX software.  I thought I had exited it.  So I will be copying all the folders over, and we'll see how it goes.

EDIT3:  Okay.  Created a character, and started it up!  Looks like it is all good for now.  Just need to get used to the keybindings.

This thread can probably be deleted if needed now.  Thanks for your hard work and time creating this pack!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fixed - CTD when starting Skyrim   Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Glad you sorted it out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/

Fixed - CTD when starting Skyrim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1