Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

SPM 4.2 install notes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: SPM 4.2 install notes   Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 am

Hey I wanna fu*k around with some of the older SPM packs I have. 4.2 was the monster Rotten created before he made the more performance friendly 4.3 and then eventually 4.4. Especially considering W10 was patched so no more string count issues.  Does anyone have a copy of his install instructions for 4.2 or have you tried using his legendary (steam-install) guide for 4.4?

side note: anyone else still use 4.2 lol? Anyone think of any improvements (non-performance) from 4.2 to 4.4? My memory escapes me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: silence   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 am

really? noone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SPM 4.2 install notes   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 am

Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
really? noone?

I think it might be lost and i forgot what it needed... to go from 4.1 to 4.2, sorry man... best is to move on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: SPM 4.2 install notes   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 am

RottenDub wrote:
Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
really? noone?

I think it might be lost and i forgot what it needed... to go from 4.1 to 4.2, sorry man... best is to move on.
lol I figured it out. I followed the same install instructions as your thread for 4.4. Runs beautifully. I loved the system intensive mods you had in that one before you had to neuter it based on string count limitations as well as your hardware limitations. Unless I am blind i can't see too many critical or major improvements from 4.2 to 4.4, not enough to warrant putting 4.2 into the attic just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: SPM 4.2 install notes   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:26 am

I still have every pack you ever released...including the 4.2 update before you pulled it from the shelves because someone wanted their mod taken out of it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SPM 4.2 install notes   Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 am

Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
RottenDub wrote:
Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
really? noone?

lol I figured it out. I followed the same install instructions as your thread for 4.4. Runs beautifully. I loved the system intensive mods you had in that one before you had to neuter it based on string count limitations as well as your hardware limitations. Unless I am blind i can't see too many critical or major improvements from 4.2 to 4.4, not enough to warrant putting 4.2 into the attic just yet.

If i remember correctly it killed FPS in big towns like 1-15 FPS for some people...strings counts are gone not because of Win10 update... that's 4GB VRAM limit, strings are stuff put into the save-game and wasn't able to go above 65.000 before crash fixes and bug fixes skse .dll's

EDIT : well yeah i can't get in touch with 3000+ mod authors (maybe someday) but i will respect their wishes.

Back to top Go down
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: SPM 4.2 install notes   Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:53 am

RottenDub wrote:
Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
RottenDub wrote:
Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
really? noone?

If i remember correctly it killed FPS in big towns like 1-15 FPS for some people...strings counts are gone not because of Win10 update... that's 4GB VRAM limit, strings are stuff put into the save-game and wasn't able to go above 65.000 before crash fixes and bug fixes skse .dll's

EDIT : well yeah i can't get in touch with 3000+ mod authors (maybe someday) but i will respect their wishes.
Lol oops shit duly corrected. Well I got 40-45 in whiterun. I dunno I am anal retentive about keeping my gaming laptop pristine and clean..everything I do is on external hard drives and partitions. Everything...I keep all drivers and firmware updated at all times and benchmark weekly to keep an eye on things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SPM 4.2 install notes   Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:02 am

That's a good habit right there.

Back to top Go down
Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer