Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:36 am

Hey guys, im sure someone posted already about the new dx9 vram limit removal of dx9 games which made alot of skyrim users happy and lot of ppl downloaded the insider build to test it and all seemed good but now it seems like the latest builds no longer work and only version uh 16232 i believe is last one MO worked in. So my concern is, ppl said MO is no longer being developed on and that the final windows product in oct might still have the issue of not working so is it possible we might be boned on playing skyrim after all on the new windows build with this pack since it relied on MO? 

I mean i certainly hope not as been using Rottens builds for awhile now and seems like there is no fix for the current insider preview except to download and manually install the preview build of 16232 but when ppl update there windows and then it no longer works then yaaaa. 

Whats interesting too is Skyrim actually loads fine but on the main menu is when i first noticed a issue, the first issue was it wouldnt even detect the saved games, even the default ones in pack, second if i lauched skyrim without MO it would start to load and then just instant crash, but it just doesnt seem to play nice with MO at all so just curious if anyone has found a fix for this or what is being done about it maybe on the MO side of things. 

My build of 16232 just finished downloading but gotta get some sleep but im gonna install tomorrow and test and see if indeed that build does work with MO and if so then like someone else said, seems like it could be way windows is treating the files or security issue but before i install ima tinker more tomorrow and see what happens before installing older build.

Last edited by slider9669 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 pm

I would revert the Windows 10 install back to the way it was before that latest insider update, then disable Windows Update and install any future hotfixes or whatnot manually, I actually already do that.  I think chances are pretty good that if Skyrim was broken by the latest Windows update then one of the next updates will fix it, so maybe life can return to normal before too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm

ya im gonna reinstall previous version probably soon anyway once i test the earlier insider build to just test skyrim on win 10 without a 4gb limit and see how it plays. I have nothing but system files on my 2 ssds in raid and everything else is on seperate HDs so i dont mind reinstalling windows from scratch lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archon
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:23 am

fu*k I knew something was wrong.
Made a topic over on the 4.4 sub detailing exactly this issue, guess I'm boned then :(.

Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 am

Seems the issue was found but its up to someone to pretty much fix MO since windows probably wont do it. Here is link to issue 

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/1124
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:10 am

slider9669 wrote:
Seems the issue was found but its up to someone to pretty much fix MO since windows probably wont do it. Here is link to issue 

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/1124

Yeah, gonna have to wait for a "hero" to save the day, or revert back and live with the 4gb limit :/

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:45 am

Official update from windows (no insider needed) will come late fall.

You don't need to get any new MO version since the 32 bits is final and some people might mix it up with the github version which is ( to my knowledge)  64bit based.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://perfectlymodded.weebly.com/
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 am

Thats the problem though or concern, is windows is changing how it detects virtual folders apparently and it may not change even in the final release in oct which is ppls concern but ppl said it can be fixed through MO but from what i read the main dude no longer works on it i think or something im not sure. I mean i hope im wrong on all accounts and it works fine by then but ya, lot of ifs and maybes before oct but we can hope.

This is one of the things mentioned below 

Nothing was removed. Some codepaths are now differentiated in the kernel, which were previously proxied through paths that Mod Organizer had hooked.
Specifically, at least one file-related API has been identified that the game uses, which now needs to have a new hook implemented, because it no longer proxies through another API which is already hooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:47 am

slider9669 wrote:
Thats the problem though or concern, is windows is changing how it detects virtual folders apparently and it may not change even in the final release in oct which is ppls concern but ppl said it can be fixed through MO but from what i read the main dude no longer works on it i think or something im not sure. I mean i hope im wrong on all accounts and it works fine by then but ya, lot of ifs and maybes before oct but we can hope.

This is one of the things mentioned below 

Nothing was removed. Some codepaths are now differentiated in the kernel, which were previously proxied through paths that Mod Organizer had hooked.
Specifically, at least one file-related API has been identified that the game uses, which now needs to have a new hook implemented, because it no longer proxies through another API which is already hooked.

I highly doubt Microsoft will be rolling out a patch for this unless other "more significant" applications break from this. 

Kind of sucks TanninOne isn't allowed to work on it even for an hour with a patch, I know he would if he could :P

Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:45 am

Ya microsoft def messed it up on how it handels the files but the odds of them reverting back is unlikely for one, so MO is what needs updated/tweaked but that is also unlikey it seems so kinda in a weird spot with this whole ordeal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenka
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 am

Is there a W10-only game or program that is making everyone use the very latest Windows?  If it's not working just don't use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:43 am

Me personally im just testing the new build and was anxious to try out skyrim without the 4gb vram limit but obviously by oct if nothing is fixed im not gonna install the update on my main windows but alot of ppl might have auto updates on and when it updates there in for a rude awakening on skyrim but im sure most of them will figure out the issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slider9669
Serious poster
Serious poster

PostSubject: Re: Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)    Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Well some really really good news, i just updated to the latest build of windows and all is working but thats not all either. Before i started using insider builds i loaded some of the default saves in the game and it was quite stuttery and now with the latest build ive never had skyrim so buttery smooth and i havent even changed the values to accommodate the extra vram now that can be used so if the oct build can keep what ever they did this time the same then we good cause i have 0 skips or stutters and it was quite orgasmic rly lol.

I do have one question though, what value and where do we change to be able to use more vram? its been awhile so not sure if theres more than one file i go into and change the values based on what i can use so anyone know by chance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Update: New Windows insider build now works with skyrim and all mods :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!