Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

looking for some help, unknown software exception error

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RageBurner
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: looking for some help, unknown software exception error   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 am

Hi all, I've been getting a crash at the exact same time, about 30 seconds into the game, game starts and i can move about but then crash and then the error window. Unknown software exception 0x00000417 at location 0000000000F5340C . Ive tried two separate installs, both the x drive and in the steam folder, same thing. Ive also tried a new game, existing saves that came with the pack as well as with my own save. Same thing happens. Ive searched for this error and cant find it, except for one other forum but the post was unanswered. Ive removed all the plugins and then started  the game through mod organizer and it was fine, no error, but cant pinpoint the culprit plugin since it doesn't seem consistent with the plugin order or activated plugins.
Ive also tried to search for F5340C in tesVedit but it doesn't find it.
Any help will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleRusty
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: looking for some help, unknown software exception error   Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Have you tried tweaking your enblocal.ini file to be specific to your PC and GPU specs? I've seen similar crashes when trying some of the more aggressive ENB settings for memory management.

In particular, make sure that DataSyncMode=0 and PriorityMode=0. Also try ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false, and make sure that VideoMemorySizeMb is equal to around 200Mb less than the VRAM on your GPU. If you're on Windows 10 this should be capped at 4GB unless you're on one of the latest Insider builds due to Microsoft having a 4GB limitation on 32-bit applications.

Other things I can think of would be to try setting the game to fullscreen over borderless window, and make sure that tes5 and skse.exe are set to run as administrator. If you are using Rivatuner/MSI Afterburner/EVGA precision, these monitoring tools can conflict with ENB as well and cause a crash on startup. Try disabling those if you're running them and see if the game still crashes.

It's either that or your download may have been partially corrupted or you have general system instability that only Skyrim is showing since it's such a sensitive game to CPU and RAM stability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

looking for some help, unknown software exception error
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!