Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

SPM5 Combat System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: SPM5 Combat System    Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 pm

I have been watching the streams and the let's plays by Christonian. The biggest issue I have so far is with the combat system. It looks too vanilla. I know there is a lot going on in the back end with Athletic Combat mod and better enemy AI, but the fighting still looks boring. 

So far the only mod to totally revamp and revolutionize the combat mechanics is a visible way is Ultimate Combat 3, but it has not been included in the pack (probably because on conflicts with other combat mods) 

I'd like to recommend that the combat mods be seriously looked at. non-magic combat is a very essential part of skyrim and there are better options available to make it stand out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SPM5 Combat System    Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:30 pm

@SuperSixNine wrote:
I have been watching the streams and the let's plays by Christonian. The biggest issue I have so far is with the combat system. It looks too vanilla. I know there is a lot going on in the back end with Athletic Combat mod and better enemy AI, but the fighting still looks boring. 

So far the only mod to totally revamp and revolutionize the combat mechanics is a visible way is Ultimate Combat 3, but it has not been included in the pack (probably because on conflicts with other combat mods) 

I'd like to recommend that the combat mods be seriously looked at. non-magic combat is a very essential part of skyrim and there are better options available to make it stand out

SPM5 has a lot of things going for it under the hood, i can't tell if his load order is correct and more and it's stuff that i don't want to bother him with.His difficulty is legendary and the enemies have buffs over ass compared to vanilla legendary so i can understand what you are saying,  he also relies heavily on the two "companions" ( they are just two / maybe former dragonborns wanting to protect villages [or else he might die 1-2 hits from any enemies at his level[ SPM 5 implies blocking and counter blocking heavily  )] i might also fucked up bashed patches thus " early alpha game play " nothing is set in stone  UC3 when combined with my pack makes enemies / NPC's draw their weapon 5-6 times (bug) before attacking you .... i'm not sure that's something you want in the pack.

I am also open to suggestions (as you are probably well aware) but have no need for "better options available to make it stand out" my pack is my own vision for those who wish to play it as is and modify it (if they want to) to their own taste.

So the way i release the pack is my own.I migh've been a little more salty that i needed too but i've had a very long day!
Hope you all have a good night!

Lord Gilgamesh
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

PostSubject: The man of Salt   Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 am

Lol nothing wrong with being salty bro Rotten, the poster could have worded that one a bit more wisely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLoneStar
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: SPM5 Combat System    Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:42 am

I'm just hyped were getting SPM 5 :P And if theres something in the pack you don't like or that is missing I'm sure you can add it later on! Big Thanks to you Rotten I hope you have a great day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiTiTy

PostSubject: Re: SPM5 Combat System    Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm not sure if this is redundant to anything already included, but I'm playing around with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76529/ and it looks promising. At least it doesn't seem to have any negative impact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperSixNine
Look ma no hands
Look ma no hands

PostSubject: Re: SPM5 Combat System    Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:47 pm

@Lord Gilgamesh wrote:
Lol nothing wrong with being salty bro Rotten, the poster could have worded that one a bit more wisely

Like how? 

I commented about how despite all the mods included in this pack, the combat still looks indistinguishable from vanilla with the exception of enemy AI. 

There are a lot of packs out there, but I cared enough to comment on this one because I like it more. and @Rotten, you need to be able to distinguish the difference between constructive criticism and someone who's hating. If all you listen to are sycophants then the pack would have to be heavily reconstructed before its any good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SPM5 Combat System    Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:09 pm

@SuperSixNine wrote:
@Lord Gilgamesh wrote:

Like how? 

I commented about how despite all the mods included in this pack, the combat still looks indistinguishable from vanilla with the exception of enemy AI. 

There are a lot of packs out there, but I cared enough to comment on this one because I like it more. and @Rotten, you need to be able to distinguish the difference between constructive criticism and someone who's hating. If all you listen to are sycophants then the pack would have to be heavily reconstructed before its any good

Like i said i've had a very long day when i wrote that and it didn't struck me well.
You probably didn't notice but at that point but enemies power attack more,block more, bash more and attack in synergy instead of 2-3 at a time.They also crouch when shooting a ranged weapon, and if they see you with a bow they will hide behind obstacles and shoot at you back from there.I've tried almost all the combat overhauls for the AI and stuck with the ones that worked and didn't cause CTD or papyrus log errors.

I do like constructive criticism but with Skyrim i tend to take things more personally because i've invested more than 6000 hours in the packs.

Again i don't need to make it stand out, in the end i'll release the pack as i think it should be released and hope that most of the people will like, if it's one thing that i've learned over these years of modding is that you can never please 100% of the people,nor will attempt to do this because it's impossible.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPM5 Combat System    

Back to top Go down

SPM5 Combat System
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!