Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KiTiTy
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:03 pm

True 3D Sound for Headphones https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79879/

Its a dll and folder you put in the main install directory (X:\Skyrim)
This uses HRTF, which I'm familiar with from games like CS:GO, and once you drop the files in its like night and day. Just walking through a town and hearing people talk from all different angles (it handles vertical location too) actually blew my mind a little at how easy it was, so I had to get on here and let Rotten know xD

I'd like to get some feedback on what you guys think if anyone tries it.

Also, I believe Rotten has updated the Relighting Skyrim mod (deals with light sources) to 4.1 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/download/1000235787 , its 661KB (small) and a single mod. 4.4 users can safely replace the 2 part old version with this without worry, just note where they were on the load order and put the new version in the same spot. I mention this because I've updated that and found that Enhanced Lighting For ENB https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59733/ works hand in hand with this mod and IMO solves any lighting issues I ever had with 4.4 (I CAN SEE THINGS THAT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO SEE AND IT LOOKS GOOD XD) These mods are created by the same person and I think its a good fit for SPM 5.. and yes I know the ENB and lighting may be the result of a lot of work and seems good, but you might like what ELE can do with your setup!

One last thing, is if anyone gets a FootIK crash, Load Game CTD Fix resolved that for me https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443 . I don't know if this was included in the modpack to begin with, but I recommend it for everyone, as I said in my post in the comments on 25 Sep 2017 on that page.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true   Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Thank you for the nice suggestions everything you mentioned except ELE (which i might add again) was already in SPM 5.

KiTiTy

PostSubject: Re: I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true   Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 am

I had a small annoyance of lights flickering (usually said to be caused by too many light sources) that was most visible (and may still be in SPM 5 from what I've seen of it) when changing distances to and from the fireplace in the center of inns.. This seems to be fixed now for me and my guess is that ELE (I used ELE - Lite) is what made the difference.

I still notice two small imperfections in lighting with ELE,
1: An area that was once lit up dims slightly when my player character moves into a shadowy area, but its rare and not noticeable if your not looking for it.
2: When using quicklight (magic version) or an illuminating spell such as candlelight, EVERYTHING becomes more illuminated while in 3rd person, no matter how far away, and remains darker in first person.

These are not real problems, just things I've noted as things to keep an eye open for a possible improvement for. I have screenshots showing both these effects if you want to see them. I know that the lights flickering based on PC location was resolved with ELE, but this is only my experience.

If you don't mind, I would like to share some of my experiences with you here, that I hope can save you time later.

I have been running Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul, which goes beyond Run For Your Lives by making NPCs react more appropriately to combat situations, not limited to dragons/vampires, as well as bringing a bit more life to NPCs. I almost avoided the mod because the mod author is known to be difficult and hostile socially, but it does what it supposed to by helping to prevent the need to revert to old saves after battles because the wrong NPCs died unnecessary deaths. I don't know if IC is script heavy, and haven't done heavy testing, so I'm not flat out recommending this be added.

I've brought 4.4 up to the plugin limit, with some adult mods that I won't waste your time on as far as SPM 5, but I will say that Immersive First Person View seems more compatible with everything from animation mods to things like using a grindstone or alchemy table while in first person, as it simply uses 3rd person animations from the viewpoint of the PCs eyes. It is the only option if you want to play purely in first person.
I've had 2 problems with this, the first being with bows not aiming properly with the 3rd person animation which I fixed by setting the mods .ini to use vanilla first person bow animation according to the authors FAQ in the comments of the mod, which also mentions that overwriting with any bow anim replacer would fix aiming with bows. The second problem with this mod isn't really a problem with the mod itself, but rather the position of the PC body when in certain poses, such as sneaking--when in some poses, turning the PCs head as far back over the shoulder as possible (yes, this prevents your neck from being able to 360 when standing still, which isn't a problem in combat as when and shortly after moving your feet will move automatically to match where your looking) can cause the camera to clip inside of things like the PCs shoulder or arm. Camera clipping will happen whenever the PCs eyes clip an object, including walls etc, which happens with or without this mod. I hope to see how much can be configured and which animations (including idles to be used with RandomIdleAnimation) do not not clip with IFPV. Oh also, 360 walk anims are not supported, which is expected of a true first person camera: the PC needs to control where to face with mouse and not WASD. I did use this mod in Oblivion and it was possible to have the PC body turn instead of stopping at a limit when looking behind over shoulder, although it did smoothly restrict head movement until the body had turned. IFPV might be less plug and play than Enhanced First Person Camera, but with some TLC it could outshine it in many ways.

Some tiny things that Worked for me:
FixLipSync (3D teeth replacers are known to fix this as well, but may have compatibility problems with some NPCs)
Load Game CTD Fix (Fixes a flaw in Skyrim has with multi core CPUs)
MofoMojo Slight Hardcore Compass Mod (optional - removes markers from compass)
Size Does Matter (prevents non-average-height NPCs from changing body size back and forth, at the expense of clipping)
Wet and Cold (not a tiny thing, but integrates perfectly without any problems so far)

I'm also hoping to integrate Warburg's 3D paper World Map better, as of now it takes 5 plugin slots and I've been unable to succeed at removing the player marker from the map, and ENB must be disabled while its open for it to be legible. I don't expect it to be updated for Bruma so I may have to abandon that idea :c

I've noticed a couple potentially unwanted things in game, which I will share as screenshots here~

guards spawning as far as the eye can see, this was the second time this happened, did not cause problems other than studdering upon exiting a nearby dungeon as it loaded them in.

with these crafting recipes it was very easy to spam them and level up smithing without limit, and make an unbalanced amount of profit, it appears this is related to the Immersive Jewelry mod. (edit: it may also be due to SPERG and its MCM option that salvages metals which is on by default, if it really is causing it then I consider this option incompatible and recommend unchecking it.. ive found a few things in SPERG that are imbalanced by default imo)

Just a floating bush

the bush is located here^^ (just north of the crossroads, the other marker is a waypoint) if its convenient for anyone else playing, maybe someone could check on this to verify? (Quest: BushBuster!)

It's a good sign when I have to nitpick like this to find room for improvement :D
I hope you find something here useful to you!

Thank you!

Last edited by KiTiTy on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true   Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am

I need to get ready for work so i hope a quick reply would do.

1.I'll take another look at ELE.
2.I'll set quick light timers (pressing it) to longer since it seems to be incompatible with some lightning sources and more (you can still use the craft able travel lantern which is more immersive)

3.Immersive Citizens - AI used to crash when setting another timescale can you test this? go to a town eg whiterun and console command "set timescale to 2000" (20 is the normal if you want to set it back after) game would crash with the said mod activated which it shouldn't.

4.IFPV has some compatibility issues and i love the 360 walk which it's also necessary for some HDT functions to work.

5.FixLipSync in the pack
6.Load Game CTD Fix in the pack.
7.MofoMojo Slight Hardcore Compass Mod i believe you can change all the markers to be showed or not with less intrusive hud.in the pack
8.Size Does Matter have a weight morphs for NPC's in pack that does a better job
9.Wet and Cold in the pack.

*in the pack = already in SPM 5

KiTiTy

PostSubject: Re: I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true   Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 am

Sounds good! I'll look into testing timescale with ICAO, you replied so fast before I remembered to throw in those pictures! Your dedication to this project is unexpectedly inspiring!

Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I found a nice and easy addition that seems too good to be true
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!