Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Very weird issue with a fresh install.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zyrll
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 pm

So about a week or two ago i found out about this modpack, played it for about a day and had some fun with it, including adding some of my owns mods and such. Worked perfectly. Unfortunately, i didn't have much time to play then, so i came back just yesterday. Now I've run into a very weird issue i've not seen before; all of my characters heads now dark-brown/black. Just their heads. Regardless of race or gender, the head is always dark. How dark seems to change with the character's current skin colorĀ  This issue does not seem to affect NPCS.

https://prntscr.com/gxewcd
http://prntscr.com/gxeybx

So at the time i thought "Oh i guess i screwed something up with one of the mods, so I'll just disable all of them and go from there."
Nope. Same issue.

Then i decided to reinstall the game. Same issue still.

Reinstalling the game...again. Absolutely no mods. No issue.
Reinstalling un-modified SPM. Issue pops up again.

It didn't happen before and now all of a sudden it's persisting across SPM installs.

So, out of ideas, I come onto the forums for help. Is there something I'm missing here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:15 am

A few more people reported this , the problem turned out to be game overlay software, if you have any disable before starting the pack.

Zyrll
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
A few more people reported this , the problem turned out to be game overlay software, if you have any disable before starting the pack.
Thank you! I never would have thought about that. An old overwolf install just recently re-enabled itself on startup so this makes a lot of sense now. Gives me a reason to finally uninstall it. Would have been terrible to not be able to play this awesome pack because of an overlay.

On a side note, do you know of any way to fix the game "crashing" when alt-tabbing in fullscreen? Borderless windowed causes performance issues for me(frequent lag spikes), while fullscreen is a constant ~60fps. Unfortunately, when i alt-tab out of the game it just goes black and the usual things to try don't seem to work.

Edit: Ran into another odd issue in game. I was out near morthal going down one of the roads and i ran into a small group of pilgrims. I started getting some lag and i was wondering why. I keep running down the road and i catch a glimpse of a massive group of pilgrims (~50) for a second before my game just CTDs. Is it supposed to be like this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:22 pm

To return to game in full screen double alt+tab, after some it will load the game back up.

Did you use the pre-configured save? If not set ASIS spawns to lower values, wait 30 days. Also check out Immersive Creatures additional spawns and disable those.

Zyrll
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 pm

@RottenDub wrote:
To return to game in full screen double alt+tab, after some it will load the game back up.

Did you use the pre-configured save? If not set ASIS spawns to lower values, wait 30 days. Also check out Immersive Creatures additional spawns and disable those.
That's odd as i did spend time configuring my save, including ASIS. I'll look again later today.

Also, I've already tried double alt tabbing, and other things people have tried and I've gotten nothing but a black screen that seems to last forever. The process isn't frozen, just wont display anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenDub
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Depending on your system double alt tabbing back into the game can take some times, alt+tab , wait a sec or two then alt-tab again into the same app (tesv.exe)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very weird issue with a fresh install.   

Back to top Go down

Very weird issue with a fresh install.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 4.4-
Jump to:  

Free counters!