Perfectly Modded

Modding done right!

HomeHome  WebsiteWebsite  PublicationsPublications  YouTubeYouTube  TwitchTwitch  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Words of Encouragement!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KashusClay
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Words of Encouragement!   Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Holy crap, I am loving this mod collection. I've played SPM 4.4 for about twenty hours now with ZERO crashes or issues, it's amazing. Seriously, I had almost completely given up on Oldrim and left behind so many great mods that were created for it, but then I came across this pack. It is truly possible to create a stable mod order for Oldrim! I was wrong! It is possible! You sir, are a genius. You have no idea what a relief it is to find something like this after years of experimenting myself. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of effort you put into this, Rotten.

And now, a word on the haters. It isn't even usually from other mod authors, just these putrid fans that think Skyrim modding needs to be an exclusive community and "if you can't figure out how to install 10,000 mods on Oldrim and build a rig that can run it, you don't deserve to play it." Bullshit. Absolute horseshit. I work with computers for a living, have managed to create stable Oldrim load orders before, but the sheer amount of time and effort it can take is abysmal. Especially when you have to start all over because you bought a new computer, or had to move your install location. Compilations like the one you created, Rotten, are saving other people hundreds and hundreds of hours of their lives and I really, really wish mod compilations like this were more prolific in the community.

Also, this idea that we're "stealing" mods, has everyone in the Skyrim modding community lost their minds? How is it the same people that were shouting "always free" a year ago are going insane when someone makes a Skyrim mod compilation? Did I lose the plot somewhere? I mean, there's a big list on this website (and most compilation websites) giving credit to every single mod and mod author included in the pack, all of which you can already download for free from multiple websites, and somehow it's stealing? I just don't get it. This isn't a problem in any other modding community. Minecraft has multiple mod packs. FF7, Stardew Valley, Rimworld, they all have mod packs, and these packs are almost universally supported by their community. Why is Skyrim so different?

I'm a computer science major. I spend all day with bloodshot eyes staring at a monitor, meticulously going over code, and then when I have time, I come home and mod games for fun. I know EXACTLY how much work goes into making a mod, and EXACTLY how much work goes into creating a stable compilation. Skyrim is just infested with people who still lives in their parent's house, who don't pay for anything, don't have kids, and have the time to spend hundreds of hours installing the perfect combination of sex mods so that they can turn around and say to people with actual lives, "if you don't have hundreds of hours to do this, you don't deserve to play, and even though I've never made a mod before, I'm going to pretend I'm fighting the good fight by calling people who make compilations thieves."

fu*k those people. I'm posting anonymously because I don't want this post connected to my Nexus account, but for a good reason. The Skyrim modding community is overrun with this poisonous mentality. Rotten, you are doing God's work. Ignore these haters. From one computer and modding obsessed family man to another, keep up the good work. The bottom line is, it is mod compilations like YOURS that will withstand the test of time, when Nexus eventually dies, decades from now, people who are nostalgic for Skyrim and find your compilation and play it. I mean, think of every old game that used to be modded. Do people still meticulously mod Doom like they used to? No, they just download a mod pack, slap it on the game, and enjoy it. Rotten, your mod pack will withstand the test of time, I guarantee it.

I patiently look forward to playing SPM 5 when you find time to release it. Peace!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiTiTy
I'm getting the hang of this
I'm getting the hang of this

PostSubject: Re: Words of Encouragement!   Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 am

SPM is redeeming my hope for humanity <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlos299
New Face!
New Face!

PostSubject: Re: Words of Encouragement!   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am

I just installed 4.4, couldn't wait for 5.0 anymore and damn it was worth it. I couldn't believe that Skyrim can run so smoothly and look so beautiful at the same time. It must have taken an enourmous amount of time and effort to make this mod pack happen and I'm beyond words how thankful I am that Rotten shared it, without him I would've never experienced Skyrim in its perfect form. I'm sure you've heard it a thousand times but I also wanted to say thank you for everything!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words of Encouragement!   

Back to top Go down

Words of Encouragement!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Perfectly Modded :: Forum :: SPM 5-
Jump to:  

Free counters!